The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In my head it all worked out, so it's cool. :dance:
Original post by yoyo462001

Wow really! :zomg: How are you finding the 4 cores and Super Duper Amoled Plus Plus screen??? I heard it's even running Pie (Android 9.0)

you fail so hard

After I spent all of last night installing CG 1.7 and putting my apps back and fixing it, Feeyo releases 1.8

:nothing:

:drool: 1.8 is so good.
(edited 13 years ago)

Wow really! :zomg: How are you finding the 4 cores and Super Duper Amoled Plus Plus screen??? I heard it's even running Pie (Android 9.0)

That made me laugh
Original post by + polarity -
After I spent all of last night installing CG 1.7 and putting my apps back and fixing it, Feeyo releases 1.8

:nothing:

:drool: 1.8 is so good.

Don't worry, I did the same with 1.3 and then 1.4 was released an hour after I installed all my apps
See if I installed CM6, what sort of widgets and apps will be on it? Will it be the standard ones from Android 2.2?

I would still want widgets like Adobe Reader, Flashlight...
Original post by spikeymike
See if I installed CM6, what sort of widgets and apps will be on it? Will it be the standard ones from Android 2.2?

I would still want widgets like Adobe Reader, Flashlight...

If they don't come with CM6, you can easily download them (or an alternative) again. :yep:
Reply 4166
Got my desire hd setup and was wondering any good cases anyone could recommend?

Rooting seems like a complicated process. :holmes:

I'm not sure the order I should do this?

1) Downgrade to 1.31 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725430)

2) Root following this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746454

3) Debrand following this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671520

But it says to install one of the firmware in the 3rd thread, but I want to install CM6, do i have to install one of the firmwares listed in the thread before installing CM6? Or can I skip the firmware install and straight to CM6?

:s-smilie:
Original post by G8D
Once you have this you can flash any file.

The debranding is removing branding on the default ROM, installing a new ROM is a different thing entirely.

Hmm... so the branding is tied to the ROM? So actually I could skip and replace step 3 and do what you just said?
I want an Android, when I have lots of regular income, I may get a contract for a Nexus S. I spend way too much time looking at Android phones online and decided I liked the Galaxy S for its screen size and stuff and the Nexus One for the pure Google experience, so should be good. Anyone got a Nexus S here?
Original post by G8D
De-branding consists of getting rid of <service providers> boot screen (maybe), apps, bookmarks etc.
Installing a ROM accomplished this but it replaces everything.

I assume you can skip the debrand step if you are sure you no longer want sense.

:holmes: I think I want the SenseUI - all I really want is to remove the default apps/widgets and take off the Vodafone startup animation.

But then in order to remove stuff, I need to root my phone which involves downgrading and the upgrading again, can you upgrade to the default ROM and have Super Access or whatver its called?
Original post by G8D
I genuinely don't know what you are wanting :colondollar:

CM6 is NOT Sense btw.
By the sounds of it you will be losing all your apps anyway. So I would recommend downgrade, root/install recovery and then flash a clean Sense ROM from XDA. That way it comes debranded by default and will have added tweaks to make it faster/better in general.

Simply what I want is to be able to remove apps I don't want now but still using the default ROM.
Reply 4172
CM7 is available for the SGS, might flash it to see what all the commotion is about :p: Apparently it's pretty buggy though :K:

Simply what I want is to be able to remove apps I don't want now but still using the default ROM.

You'll have to root sooner or later...might as well make it sooner :sexface:

Then you'll have superuser privileges and you can remove any apps you want...
Original post by bigmo7
You'll have to root sooner or later...might as well make it sooner :sexface:

Then you'll have superuser privileges and you can remove any apps you want...

Why? :holmes:

I can't decide which ROM to go for. :ashamed:
Reply 4174
Why? :holmes:

I can't decide which ROM to go for. :ashamed:

You'll realise just how much more you can do with the device once you have superuser privileges...

To answer your second point, try them all! :awesome:

Once you get started with flashing ROMs then you'll see just how easy it is through CWM. Just get a titanium backup and a NANDroid backup and away you go...
I just installed the Redux ROM on my Desire, Gingerbread looks so slick, right? Shame it won't be getting official support D:
I'd highly recommend it for people who want a decent Gingerbread ROM.
Original post by bigmo7
You'll realise just how much more you can do with the device once you have superuser privileges...

To answer your second point, try them all! :awesome:

Once you get started with flashing ROMs then you'll see just how easy it is through CWM. Just get a titanium backup and a NANDroid backup and away you go...

From the Market?

Original post by G8D
Well it seems this is closet to stock.
This won't have service provider stuff but will have all HTC/Google apps.

You can however unstall these as you will be rooted :wink:

I think this is closer. :wink:
http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-legend-legend-modaco-com/307826/04-may-1-31-405-4-htc-legend-stock-rom-kitchen/

Premium though. :holmes:
Original post by G8D
Titanium backup is on the Market. Nandroid is done from within the recovery image :wink:

TBH you could safely install this for a stock experience without bothering with the kitchen.

Oh I see. :holmes: You'll hear about it from me tomorrow. Need to get a microsdhc card first (ebay seller forgot it, instead put a spare battery :ahee: )

I just went to check my HBOOT version, then I went into Recovery, then I was met with an image of my phone with a red triangle and ! down the middle of it - took the battery out just to even get out of it :facepalm2:

Edit:
Titanium Backup needs root. :colonhash: Don't have root yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
I think I may have found the most ridiculously expensive app for Android ever :lolwut:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.texter.app&feature=search_result
Original post by Mad Vlad
I think I may have found the most ridiculously expensive app for Android ever :lolwut:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.texter.app&amp;feature=search_result

:teehee:

Ah ok, would have thought HTC would have flashed a default one at least...

Latest

Trending

Trending