The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011

Scroll to see replies

My dad's trying to convince me to chose Stirling over Napier, it's so annoying!
Firstly I haven't had a reply from either of those universities and secondly I know Stirling is a better Uni than Napier but I'm in love with Edinburgh and I want to live there and I would hate to spend another 4 years at home/in Stirling!
The more he talks to me about it and tries to convince me to chose Stirling the more it makes me want to go to Napier!
Just wanted to get that off my chest. What do you guys think? Should I chose the Uni that is technically better but where I wouldn't want to live or should I chose the Uni which is lower in the league tables but based in a city that I really want to live in? I can see the merits of both choices but will probably go for Napier
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Hahah I am in the same situation...and the worst is that I have been accepted by Stirling but I wanna live in Edinburgh !!! I think Napier will make the choice for me, if they accept me then I'll consider it as a sign and I'll refuse the offer from Stirling :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by OndrejC2
Yeah! Digital Media, we will see each other in september :colone: Why did you choose this particular course?

yeah hopefully lol, i still havent heard back from napier as of yet but it is my first choice. if i dont get into napier im going to go to chester i think, those videos give some good information too. im hoping i hear from napier this week, to be honest im starting to get a little annoyed with their delay and as each day goes the more im tempted to accept chester.
Reply 163
antoastew : AMAZING, Napier is my 1st choice, too. That why I have started this thread :smile: Yes hope they will manage it this week, because we are waiting too long :smile: Ihave nevwe been to chester but Edinburgh is AMAZING! :smile:
Has anyonee heard anything for business courses yet? The wait is actually killing me :'( come the **** on napier! :P
Reply 165
My gilfriend and 2 friends applied for Napier, too - for a marketing course in combination with: managment, langauge, business etc. And nobody heard anything, any offer yet...
Reply 166
Woohoow! :tongue:
Look at what I have found - Napier at Twitter:
...we're processing applications atm & decisions about interviews will be on UCAS track in the next two weeks... :eek:
And they posted it on 25th of February!!!

So according to this we have to wait max. 1,5 week !! :biggrin::biggrin: Yes yes
(edited 13 years ago)
Yay! Hopefully it won't take too long now :biggrin:

Edit: Had a look at what the guy had asked them, he asked about nursing applications but hopefully the answer they gave was for all courses
(edited 13 years ago)
Got a brilliant conditional offer at 7pm tonight so offers are on their way guys! Good Luck. :smile:
Reply 169
Original post by ProudScottish
Got a brilliant conditional offer at 7pm tonight so offers are on their way guys! Good Luck. :smile:

Yeah you are lucky! :smile: Which course have you applied for ?
Reply 170
Unconditional for Financial Services (N340).

Anyone else?
wooooooooooo! Conditional for photography and film!!
I must say, I came out the interview, got in the car and cried sooo much - Interview from hell... and CONVINCED I would be rejected. I mean, whats your favourite book, Rose? ..."I don't really read...Oh! I like harry potter though!" What.a.dumbass.! :P I was so nervous I couldn't name one piece I can play on my saxophone and have been playing for 6 years... :s-smilie:! S'all good now though :wink: x
Reply 172
Anyone heard back from them for BA Graphic Design course?

I haven't got any letter/email about portfolio submission, or for an interview… It's the only uni that hasn't replied so far. I've only got their welcome letter when I applied, and an email yesterday about their open days.
Should I contact them? I can't believe quite everyone has an offer now haha :frown:

Original post by RozeeColton
wooooooooooo! Conditional for photography and film!!
I must say, I came out the interview, got in the car and cried sooo much - Interview from hell... and CONVINCED I would be rejected.

Hehe I also learnt recently that you should never be convinced that you failed at an exam…
I passed my driving test last week, the examiner wouldn't stop shouting at me, I was completely nervous and didn't drive very well, when I went out of the car I was completely sure that I failed… and Tuesday I received a letter saying that I passed :smile:
Reply 173
I got an unconditional for Photography and Film (my first choice!) :biggrin:
Got emailed telling me that I've got a place on Wednesday, my UCAS Track is still to be updated though, but I'm chuffed to bits!
Original post by mrjaja
I got an unconditional for Photography and Film (my first choice!) :biggrin:
Got emailed telling me that I've got a place on Wednesday, my UCAS Track is still to be updated though, but I'm chuffed to bits!

you didnt get an interview?
My friend and I applied also , he has an interview , I have yet to hear.
Is there anyone here who applied for a MSc in Publishing ? Because I was so worried of not hearing anything back from Napier that I sent an email to the admissions office yesterday and here is the reply I've received this morning :

" I’m sorry we haven’t got back to you yet - the admissions tutor is now off ill but don’t worry the fact that we have had your application for some time now is not negative! I know she will be looking at all her applications soon. I will ask her to get in touch with you to reassure you"

Even though you've applied for an undergraduate or another postgraduate course, I am sure that this reply will reassure you, just like it does for me :smile:

Good luck everyone !
Hey, anyone heard from Napier Auditions for Acting and English?
I am apparently on the waiting list and am waiting for an offer :smile:
Reply 177
Original post by natacha_812
Is there anyone here who applied for a MSc in Publishing ? Because I was so worried of not hearing anything back from Napier that I sent an email to the admissions office yesterday and here is the reply I've received this morning :

" I’m sorry we haven’t got back to you yet - the admissions tutor is now off ill but don’t worry the fact that we have had your application for some time now is not negative! I know she will be looking at all her applications soon. I will ask her to get in touch with you to reassure you"

Even though you've applied for an undergraduate or another postgraduate course, I am sure that this reply will reassure you, just like it does for me :smile:

Good luck everyone !

Hope she will be soon OK :smile: Because we are waiting too long :smile:
Reply 178
Original post by Robert_MacRae
you didnt get an interview?
My friend and I applied also , he has an interview , I have yet to hear.

Yeah I did have an interview, although they got back to me surprisingly quickly! UCAS Track is still to be updated though.
Original post by mrjaja

Original post by mrjaja
Yeah I did have an interview, although they got back to me surprisingly quickly! UCAS Track is still to be updated though.

Hey there any tips for the interview, I have also applied for this course, hopefully I get a space and see you there xx

Quick Reply

Latest