The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayTeeKay
I'll go on a rampage if my grades let me down -four marks off having an A at AS!!
I've already been rejected by St. Andrews so I'm not filled with confidence. I have my Warwick offer though, so I wont be gutted.
From what I understand, Durham is a small department with a lot of applicants :frown:

I had Physics offers from St Andrews and Durham about three weeks ago, but I have heard nothing from Warwick.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by KayteeKaytee
It's for overnight stay plus 2 or 3 meals.

Only open night that I've had to pay for, and that's on top of my flights over there.
Original post by SashaBelleJ
Maths offers now being given out it seems, still not heard anything...

Same :frown:
Original post by pianofluteftw
I know the feeling! I was lucky enough to get an offer just over a week ago, but that's having waited 5 months! It's frustrating but offers should be coming out faster now! :smile:

There are a couple of others on here who got offers in January too.

My chances are getting smaller and smaller then. They only have 140 places, and it looks like loads of people have applied. I just wish they'd hurry up and make their decision! I have accommodation and finance to sort out!
Reply 4384
just a general question, i got my offer on thursday and have no idea what college yet, will i be still likely be able to go to one of the open days the week after next?
essentially what i mean is, is there enough time to get confirmation and book a place to go?
Original post by hollercoller
I had Physics offers from St Andrews and Durham about three weeks ago, but I have heard nothing from Warwick.

Haha. Rub it in why don't you!
Although, given how competitive both departments seem, I'm surprised Warwick haven't been in touch. I got my offer in November (my bloody sixth form took 3 weeks processing my application), and I've been rejected from St. Andrews. It's odd that St. Andrews would give you an offer and reject me, but Warwick would give me an offer within a few weeks of sending my application off and leave you waiting.

I'm sure it's probably something to do with admin. It should just be a matter of time before you get an offer.
Reply 4386
Original post by alexem
just a general question, i got my offer on thursday and have no idea what college yet, will i be still likely be able to go to one of the open days the week after next?
essentially what i mean is, is there enough time to get confirmation and book a place to go?

They should get back to you before the open days because otherwise you'd be missing out which they shouldn't let happen!
Your college will appear under AES useful links before the letter arrives in the post but you could always call up to find out if you could book onto it over the phone if you're worried,..?
Reply 4387
Original post by Hnk2401
They should get back to you before the open days because otherwise you'd be missing out which they shouldn't let happen!
Your college will appear under AES useful links before the letter arrives in the post but you could always call up to find out if you could book onto it over the phone if you're worried,..?

i hope so, i really want to visit! and i have been checking aes, but im too impatient really, should maybe give them a week before i fret about it! haha
if a letter doesnt turn up by the end of next week i might ring them though, thats a good idea, thanks! :smile:
Reply 4388
French, Spanish and Italian at Grey :smile:
Just waiting to hear from Edinburgh so I can confirm Durham as first choice.
Reply 4389
Original post by rvp-fan1

When did you hear? I'm still waiting on one for French German and Spanish:/

Loving all these language people, I've firmed it for French, Spanish and Russian. :smile:
Does anyone know if there's a University College or just a regular Durham offer holders thread? I've got a few accommodation questions that I'm not sure where to ask.
Original post by JayTeeKay
Haha. Rub it in why don't you!
Although, given how competitive both departments seem, I'm surprised Warwick haven't been in touch. I got my offer in November (my bloody sixth form took 3 weeks processing my application), and I've been rejected from St. Andrews. It's odd that St. Andrews would give you an offer and reject me, but Warwick would give me an offer within a few weeks of sending my application off and leave you waiting.

I'm sure it's probably something to do with admin. It should just be a matter of time before you get an offer.

Yeah, I've been wondering about contacting them, especially as St. Andrews is unconditional. I also got unconditional from Edinburgh. It could be that Warwick don't understand our Scottish system, although Durham seem to get it.
Hope you hear soon. Good luck.
Reply 4393
Original post by Gen-10
When did you hear? I'm still waiting on one for French German and Spanish:/

according to ucas i heard on the 4th january
good luck!! we need us 3 language people :smile:
where else have you applied?
Reply 4394
Original post by playxsailxliv
Loving all these language people, I've firmed it for French, Spanish and Russian. :smile:

what college did you apply for? and yes three language people :smile:
Reply 4395
Original post by playxsailxliv
Does anyone know if there's a University College or just a regular Durham offer holders thread? I've got a few accommodation questions that I'm not sure where to ask.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=458032

might be best to ask it in here, its an 'ask a current student' thread but the questions seem to get answered!
Reply 4396
according to ucas i heard on the 4th january
good luck!! we need us 3 language people :smile:
where else have you applied?

I'm a (half) language person too :biggrin: English and French :smile:
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
Oh! Wow I wasn't expecting to have to do that, and it's £30 that's quite steep.

I don't know if the 2-day open day is for all courses but it is for mechanical eng.
Original post by Keckers
I'm going on the 21st for Engineering at Collingwood :biggrin:

Ahh is that monday to tuesday?

On the map Collingwood sent me, it shows the train station is right next to the university. Is this the main train station in Durham? As in, if I buy a train ticket to 'Durham', will the train stop at the station outside the uni?
Anyone going to the open day on 22nd for either St Aiden's or Physics? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending