The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grape:)

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30205627]I have no idea about previous people getting their first choices... but fingers crossed for us! I'll probably get up early too :smile: And thanks for the well done :smile: Best of luck with your BTEC! :party:

Yeahhh! Just imagine we were in the same block ;D Have you visited the accommodation yet? Like on an open day? I only saw 2 rooms and one was in beaumont and it wasnt very nice, the bathroom area looks like camping bathrooms aha :P wish we got to see GMS :frown: x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by AmyAmy0913
Yeahhh! Just imagine we were in the same block ;D Have you visited the accommodation yet? Like on an open day? I only saw 2 rooms and one was in beaumont and it wasnt very nice, the bathroom area looks like camping bathrooms aha :P wish we got to see GMS :frown: x

I've seen all of the rooms after going to two open days. I think you're making the right choices! Lol, I would also laugh if we ended up in the same block :P x
What are the GMS rooms like? are they like spacious and hows about the bathroom? + I know bowder court is like part of GMS, is Lasdun to? Cuz I didnt really like the look of that but I havent seen the bedrooms aha!

Sorry about all the questions :P x
Original post by omnom515
i firmed on mondayyy!!! :biggrin: anyone else here applying for psychology? :smile:

I am!!! are you doing the standard Psych BSc or one of the mixed courses? :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by ayeshahamilton
I am!!! are you doing the standard Psych BSc or one of the mixed courses? :smile:

Wooo :party:
Awesome, congrats :smile: Any thoughts on accommodation?

I'm probably gonna choose Beaumont catered! and youu? :smile:
lol yeah thats a good point.. :P im definitely going self catered in the 2nd year but i figured with getting to know people and adjusting to life at uni, getting used to the course etc it would just be easier to do catered for the first year :smile: &ahh samee! booking opens on tuesday as well! *pressureeee* :frown:

yaaayy! :biggrin: i'm going for psychology with cognitive neuroscience but may switch to pure psychology depending on how i find the course (i think you can do that, anyway..) what about youu? :smile:
yaaayy! :biggrin: i'm going for psychology with cognitive neuroscience but may switch to pure psychology depending on how i find the course (i think you can do that, anyway..) what about youu? :smile:

I'm doing cog neuroscience aswell. :smile:
Reply 169
Original post by alienshex
I'm probably gonna choose Beaumont catered! and youu? :smile:

GMS or JoFo Self Catered :smile: x
I'm doing cog neuroscience aswell. :smile:

:O omg I haven't met anyone doing the exact same course as me yet! That's awesome!! :biggrin: what accommadation are you looking at? :smile: (sorry I'm literally asking everyone this hahaa xD)
Reply 171
Original post by AmyAmy0913
Same im gunna get up early on tuesday morning to apply if they do open that day :smile: do you know if like previous people who have applied for accommodation got their first choice?

Well done ;D and I think I can get them, my tutors seem to think so, so thats good :smile: Im doing a BTEC so its a bit different to standard A-Levels cuz I need 1 distinction and 2 merits but ill think Ill get it :smile:

I cant wait for uni haha! x

Heya, accommodation opens next Tuesday, and you will get the information on how to do it just before. I'm not doing Criminology, but I have an awesome friend who'll be doing it there :smile:

Original post by Castaras
Yeah, I meant shared bathroom. The Standard non-basin ones, which JoFo has none of. Wish I could go for premium, but can't. =/

Did any of you receive an accommodation email today? I didn't.... *hope it'll be tomorrow or they lied on the phone :emo: *
Reply 172
:O omg I haven't met anyone doing the exact same course as me yet! That's awesome!! :biggrin: what accommadation are you looking at? :smile: (sorry I'm literally asking everyone this hahaa xD)

I meant to quote you into post 173... but quoted myself by accident.
Reply 173
Hey, you know on track it says that we start on Monday October 3rd, is freshers the week before this date or does it start on the monday itself? Been asking everywhere!
Reply 174
Did any of you receive an accommodation email today? I didn't.... *hope it'll be tomorrow or they lied on the phone :emo: *

No email here. :s-smilie:
Reply 175
No email here. :s-smilie:

Cool. That's fine then, it'll probably be tomorrow :smile:
Reply 176
Cool. That's fine then, it'll probably be tomorrow :smile:

The site's been updated, and these are the things it says on the site...

" * Firmly accepted an unconditional offer since October 2010 or Firmly accepted an unconditional offer before October 2010 and have taken a gap year...

You will be able to apply for accommodation online from March 2011 and you will receive an email giving you the appropriate instructions in late March 2011. Once you have submitted your application, you will be made an offer of accommodation by email within 15 working days.

* Accepted a conditional offer as your firm choice...

You will be able to apply for accommodation online from March 2011. You will receive an email giving you the appropriate instructions. Once you get your results and your place on the course is unconditional, you will be made an offer of accommodation by email."

So looks like it could be a few more weeks. :s
Reply 177
The site's been updated, and these are the things it says on the site...

" * Firmly accepted an unconditional offer since October 2010 or Firmly accepted an unconditional offer before October 2010 and have taken a gap year...

You will be able to apply for accommodation online from March 2011 and you will receive an email giving you the appropriate instructions in late March 2011. Once you have submitted your application, you will be made an offer of accommodation by email within 15 working days.

* Accepted a conditional offer as your firm choice...

You will be able to apply for accommodation online from March 2011. You will receive an email giving you the appropriate instructions. Once you get your results and your place on the course is unconditional, you will be made an offer of accommodation by email."

So looks like it could be a few more weeks. :s

That's so annoying, it would be much better if they didn't continually give me the wrong information by phone.

dont worry i didnt get one either hahaa :P they liiieee (N) we'd better get one tomorrow - i wanna be able to book my accommodation! >.<
Reply 179
dont worry i didnt get one either hahaa :P they liiieee (N) we'd better get one tomorrow - i wanna be able to book my accommodation! &gt;.&lt;

Cool. Although they are liars! Seriously annoying... apparently their website has updated now to say that it'll be early March... urgh... it's a new story every day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending