The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by dmz
Yea. It's AAB for 2011 entry

does AAB mean that you can get a B in biology ? Or does it have to be and A in biology?
Original post by dmz
Yea. It's AAB for 2011 entry

phewwww...there was me having a wee mental breakdown haha :cool:
Reply 1322
Original post by teafil
does AAB mean that you can get a B in biology ? Or does it have to be and A in biology?

Yup. You wouldn't have gotten an interview otherwise.

Original post by dougmul51
phewwww...there was me having a wee mental breakdown haha :cool:
Haha you're fine :tongue:
Reply 1323
Original post by dmz
Yup. You wouldn't have gotten an interview otherwise.

Haha you're fine :tongue:

Are you talking about AS or A2?

I'm actually Romanian and if i get an offer i'd have to pass the AS exam in biology. I am not sure if i need and A or a B... :biggrin:
Last year the offers came Friday March 12th I believe. Anyone think we could hear back at the end of the week?
Reply 1325
Original post by teafil
Are you talking about AS or A2?

I'm actually Romanian and if i get an offer i'd have to pass the AS exam in biology. I am not sure if i need and A or a B... :biggrin:

neither :tongue: finished last year. I think you need a b in as at least if you're not doing a2. I know you're Romanian :tongue:
Reply 1326
Original post by dmz
neither :tongue: finished last year. I think you need a b in as at least if you're not doing a2. I know you're Romanian :tongue:

you confused me completely :s-smilie: but a b sounds good... i'll just wait and see what they say :smile: :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1327
Original post by teafil
you confused me completely :s-smilie: but a b sounds good... i'll just wait and see what they say :smile: :biggrin::biggrin:

whatever level of biology you do you only need a b. You don't have to do a2 biology. Better :tongue:. Would you go if you got in?
Reply 1328
Original post by dmz
whatever level of biology you do you only need a b. You don't have to do a2 biology. Better :tongue:. Would you go if you got in?

provided that i'll get the grades i need.. i guess so :smile:
Reply 1329
Original post by teafil
provided that i'll get the grades i need.. i guess so :smile:

you should. Can tell you're ecstatic. Lol
Original post by Lost Time
Last year the offers came Friday March 12th I believe. Anyone think we could hear back at the end of the week?

this would be just lovely :smile: heres hopingggg :smile:
Reply 1331
i phoned admissions today and the woman said that she is the only one that answers the "when will we hear" type questions and she said that any dates people have suggested that we might hear are based on hearsay as she said she has only ever said "at the end of march". Though hearing at the end of this week would be nice :biggrin:
Reply 1332
Original post by Med16793
i phoned admissions today and the woman said that she is the only one that answers the "when will we hear" type questions and she said that any dates people have suggested that we might hear are based on hearsay as she said she has only ever said "at the end of march". Though hearing at the end of this week would be nice :biggrin:

end of March? What happened to mid?! Brilliant
Reply 1333
Original post by dmz
end of March? What happened to mid?! Brilliant

i'm pretty sure thats what she said... now i'm doubting myself xD you may wanna completely ignore what i said :smile:
I was told Mid March at my interview.

Seems like this is my last option now and we're gonna have to wait T_T
Reply 1335
Original post by Med16793
i'm pretty sure thats what she said... now i'm doubting myself xD you may wanna completely ignore what i said :smile:

Haha sorry it said mid on the site i think. I'll find the link in a minute and I'll call tomoro :smile:
Original post by Harbour Seal
What time is it at? I'm 345pm :smile:

How did it go Harbour Seal?
Reply 1337
Yea, how did it go?
Ok, I think. I felt pretty confident coming out of it, though I now realise I made a massive mistake with a communications question... ****!!! Oh well, everything else went really well I felt, apparently I'm a colourful candidate :wink:

I've probably jinxed it to buggery, but who cares NO MORE INTERVIEWS UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1339
Original post by Harbour Seal
Ok, I think. I felt pretty confident coming out of it, though I now realise I made a massive mistake with a communications question... ****!!! Oh well, everything else went really well I felt, apparently I'm a colourful candidate :wink:

I've probably jinxed it to buggery, but who cares NO MORE INTERVIEWS UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!! :biggrin:

no more interviews till you apply for a job you mean :tongue:

here's to hoping

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending