The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760
Original post by slawaccess23
The expression on your face will be priceless then when we're 0-2 up in Barca.

:laugh:, well I hope that expression is still there after 90+mins! :p:
Original post by slawaccess23
The expression on your face will be priceless then when we're 0-2 up in Barca.

I had a dream we won 2-0 and RVP scored both :ahee:

Turns out he might actually play :daydreaming:
Reply 5762
How did Inter manage to concede only one goal against Barca away last year. I think we should get at their faces from the start, Barca are always going to score, their pressure off the ball is immense but they do leave the defence exposed with Alves on the other side of the pitch. Clichy would also have to be some kind of defensive genius for the night if we are going to perform defensivly.
Reply 5763
has anyone heard guardiola speak about arsenal having no pressure to win titles?!? and that there are many jack wilshere esque players in their 'B' team...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9417761.stm
Reply 5764
Original post by yunghamz
How did Inter manage to concede only one goal against Barca away last year.

Superb tactician + godly defense + red card which forced them to do nothing but defend for their lives + fantastic team ethic
Reply 5765
Original post by yunghamz
How did Inter manage to concede only one goal against Barca away last year. I think we should get at their faces from the start, Barca are always going to score, their pressure off the ball is immense but they do leave the defence exposed with Alves on the other side of the pitch. Clichy would also have to be some kind of defensive genius for the night if we are going to perform defensivly.

Original post by Beneb
Superb tactician + godly defense + red card which forced them to do nothing but defend for their lives + fantastic team ethic

One of these really helped their cause too:

Reply 5766
Original post by R-KAM

They won the CL, who gives a ****
Reply 5767
Original post by -Matty-

Original post by -Matty-
They won the CL, who gives a ****

Attempted humour. No need to be so tetchy.
You're being too nice ffs :colonhash:
I neg repped Ross by mistake :facepalm2:
Reply 5770
Original post by R-KAM

<pic>

I have my doubts how much that affected Barca for the first game, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were probably practicing one-twos on the train all the way to Milan. :gah:

EDIT: Just realised you might have been talking about either Barca having to travel by train due to the ash cloud, or Inter parking the bus. If I've completely missed the point, I apologise. :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5771
If this happens tomorrow, bye bye quarter-final.....

(VS R.Madrid this season)

I'm lost for words after watching these 5 mins. What is interesting is that, Barca up their tiki taka style just after they take the lead or whenever they are in the lead. So Barca score first, we're doomed. But if we score first, we need to make sure we concentrate for atleast 20 mins defending and not fall apart just like last season time.
Yeah there is not much chance Arsenal can replicate Inter's defensive performance at the Nou Camp. I would be a fan of playing Gibbs on the left wing instead of Arshavin and look for Clichy and Gibbs to cause a problem through their pace. Walcott missing is obviously a problem because it was the easiest out-ball for Cesc/Wilshere to just spray it towards the corner flag and for Theo to chase it.

While fans and the media will look to pin-point certain areas and then make some silly conclusions like "this is where the match was won", despite Song missing -- who has never looked comfortable or out of danger of being sent off -- there are no real weak points in the team. The first-choice defence and goalkeeper is there. I don't know who the 3rd CM will be now but if Diaby fills in he is capable of being very effective alongside the assured quality of Fabregas and Wilshere. Nasri, Arshavin, Van Persie are game-changers. There are no obvious weak-points but it's just that Barcelona are an all-round better side in almost every way and unplayable at times. I fully expect Arsenal to lose but if the players can put in the same effort that they did in the first leg, we can at least be happy with the performance. No complaints from me if the 11 on the pitch run their socks off.
Reply 5773
Original post by jit987

I'm lost for words after watching these 5 mins. What is interesting is that, Barca up their tiki taka style just after they take the lead or whenever they are in the lead. So Barca score first, we're doomed. But if we score first, we need to make sure we concentrate for atleast 20 mins defending and not fall apart just like last season time.

It's like playing Fifa.
Reply 5774
Original post by jit987

I've been looking for a gif of the first 5 seconds of that video for ages. So damn good. :coma:

With respect to tomorrow's game, I don't think it's actually possible for a team to play as well as they did against Real Madrid twice in a season.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5775
Original post by Overmars
but if the players can put in the same effort that they did in the first leg, we can at least be happy with the performance. No complaints from me if the 11 on the pitch run their socks off.

Agree.
Come On Gunners! We can Do This!
Reply 5777
if only we had vermaelen.........................
Reply 5778
Original post by jit987

This is definitely true. They can kill games off with their tiki taka passing. The first time I actually noticed Barcelona's passing talent when their leading and their ability to kill games off with them was ironically when they faced us in the CL final in Paris. After Belleti scored, it was just passing between Ronaldhino, Deco and co, I was livid but couldn't help notice the quality, they killed 20 mins just passing between themselves in that match. If they score first tomorrow, the game's done in my opinion. I've always wanted to see Arsenal kill games off with just passing, we would have won the league time and time again if we only we learned how to stop teams coming from behind. If you don't have the ball, you can't score.
Vermaelen didn't exactly cover himself in glory last year against Barca. I think Djourou and Kos will be more sensible in their positioning in this match.

I'm going for a 2-2. Barca will score, but they will suffer against our counterattacking football, especially with Puyol and Pique out.

Latest