The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baztech
Cheers James!

Currently not working and making a Saag Masala curry :biggrin: (I say making, I mean pouring in the sauce...).

So who else has the interview on Wednesday? How does the tour work does each block just get the tour straight AFTER the interview? (Then straight to the pub?)

I have an interview on Wednesday at 3.40 :smile: SO excited! :biggrin:
I got a phonecall today inviting me for an interview on the 18th! So happy!

Is anyone else on that day?
Has anyone who's had an interview got any advice on how to prepare?

x
Original post by JungleJen
I got a phonecall today inviting me for an interview on the 18th! So happy!

Is anyone else on that day?
Has anyone who's had an interview got any advice on how to prepare?

x

Yay! I'm not the only one who got a phonecall haha!
Original post by Mr.Mathematical
Yay! I'm not the only one who got a phonecall haha!

Are you on the 18th aswell? If so what time?
This is the 2nd time i've been left until the last day of interviews! What's up with that?
Reply 1344
This is the 2nd time i've been left until the last day of interviews! What's up with that?

Better late than never I suppose :biggrin: Well done! I would have tried to act all cool on the phone, something like "Ermm well I'll just need to check my diary first to make sure that I don't have any plans on the 18th :tongue: " I wouldn't worry about having a late interview, the fact that they gave you one means that they're seriously considering you! :smile:
Original post by KCosmo
Better late than never I suppose :biggrin: Well done! I would have tried to act all cool on the phone, something like "Ermm well I'll just need to check my diary first to make sure that I don't have any plans on the 18th :tongue: " I wouldn't worry about having a late interview, the fact that they gave you one means that they're seriously considering you! :smile:

Check my diary 1st aye right lol:biggrin:

I know! To be honest I was just SO relieved to get one I didn't even question why they phoned me! No, mine is on the 9th (Wednesday) so it's work work work!! Best of luck to you! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Mathematical
I know! To be honest I was just SO relieved to get one I didn't even question why they phoned me! No, mine is on the 9th (Wednesday) so it's work work work!! Best of luck to you! :biggrin:

Same here! I was starting to think it was another rejection for me.
Wow that's soon, good luck!
Reply 1348
Phew... I just finished my phone interview with St Andrews. The interviewers sounded really friendly and nice:smile:
Any other international applicants here?
Original post by angu09
Phew... I just finished my phone interview with St Andrews. The interviewers sounded really friendly and nice:smile:
Any other international applicants here?

Well, check the stalking page and see how many international applicants there are :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry#St._Andrews The interviewers really are friendly in person too :biggrin:
Reply 1350
People with interviews tomorrow... is everyone in the afternoon?
People with interviews tomorrow... is everyone in the afternoon?
yup, at 2 something! staying in st. andrews tonight... quite wet and cold but LOVE IT!!!!
Reply 1352
heeeey, not posted in ages, and this is a kind of random post. good luuuuck to everyone still waiting to hear/go to an interview! but yeah, it was just to say, i'm probably going to stop using tsr because all i really watched were the stalking threads etc, and i don't need to anymore. but like obviously it'd still be good to know people before i go to uni. and st andrews is kiiind of my first choice, i think it's likely this is where i'll end up. so yeah, if anyone else is planning on going there, or has firmed or anything, pm me, and i'll maybe add you on faceybee or summat, it's a bit more personal than tsr (no offense or anything, but i'll kind of have to establish you're not a pedo first, i ain't having no pedos creeping on my facebook :tongue: ). hahaha, but anyway, that's all i really have to say. and sorry for the people still waiting on a reply, i feel soo bad putting this up! i just thought i should post it before i completely stop using tsr, don't want to miss out on the chance of not being a reject freshers week! :tongue: good luck again!
Reply 1353
So interviews have been taking place weekly on Wednesdays since November. However, the last interview date is the 18th, a Friday. Any conspiracy theorists want to account for the extra two days between the last two dates?
Reply 1354
Original post by hm360
So interviews have been taking place weekly on Wednesdays since November. However, the last interview date is the 18th, a Friday. Any conspiracy theorists want to account for the extra two days between the last two dates?

Maybe just using those two days to start making decisions? I think they're pretty keen to get this whole process over and done with soon after the last interview
Original post by KCosmo
Maybe just using those two days to start making decisions? I think they're pretty keen to get this whole process over and done with soon after the last interview

Do you think any decisions will start to come out before the last interview date?
Reply 1356
Original post by georgie91
Do you think any decisions will start to come out before the last interview date?

I think that's what happened last year, not too sure how many though. I think they'll start giving out offers on the week of the last interview, and keep going until the end of march
Original post by KCosmo
I think that's what happened last year, not too sure how many though. I think they'll start giving out offers on the week of the last interview, and keep going until the end of march

Oh ok thanks, this time next week some of us might know!! Scaryyyy!
Reply 1358
I was reading the Dundee course and they get to go to Malawi for 4 months in an exchange programme.

http://medblogs.dundee.ac.uk/dundeemimp/about-2/

But I was also reading how St Andrews was the uni that set it up:

http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/malawi/index.aspx

So do St Andrew Medics get to go on this exchange programme???
Original post by ryan118244
I was reading the Dundee course and they get to go to Malawi for 4 months in an exchange programme.

http://medblogs.dundee.ac.uk/dundeemimp/about-2/

But I was also reading how St Andrews was the uni that set it up:

http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/malawi/index.aspx

So do St Andrew Medics get to go on this exchange programme???

I wondered about this too, but I didn't know if it was an exchange programme and I was going to ask about it at interview but ran out of time :frown: I'm thinking they might just be linked with this college of medicine rather than have exchange but thats only from website :tongue: hopefully it would be exchange though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending