The Student Room Group

MSc Applicants for UCL 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Hi, is anyone doing Software Systems Engineering from 27th? I have accepted an offer for SSE but not sure whether to stick with it or switch to Financial Systems Engineering. Looking forward to studying at UCL either way!
Any MSc Physics people about?
Hey! I want to apply for a MSc in linguistics with neuroscience, I expext to graduade in February and my professor who is helping with my dissertation took a sabbetical semester, which means I won't have my grade and a reference letter from her until March (at the very best!)! I saw that ucl accepts applications throughout the year, so I wanted to ask you if you think there might be a problem if I will apply in March? I'm so stressed, I'm considering to take some of my grades up in February and apply then.. what do you think?? :confused:
Reply 463
Its perfectly normal to apply in mid-March. Dont worry.

Edit: I have been applying for an Msc @ Ucl this year and my refs were uploaded on the 11th April-got an offer a month later.

Hubix
(edited 13 years ago)
hubix
Its perfectly normal to apply in mid-March. Dont worry.

Edit: I have been applying for an Msc @ Ucl this year and my refs were uploaded on the 11th April-got an offer a month later.

Hubix

Thanks a lot hubix!I don't have enough time for anything, I thought applying for masters would be more "fun" and a relaxing procedure! :smile: how has your MSc turned out?
Hey. I have applied for Msc. Project and Enterprise Management at UCL. They say that transcript is missing, even though I uploaded unofficial transcript when I applied in Deceber.
Their message says:

Unfortunately your application has been received incomplete. The following item/s were missing:

Transcript: An official transcript is required.

Please can you ensure that the missing item/s are sent immediately to Admissions as failure to do so may delay the consideration of your application.

How can I send them my transcript? I am international student and I contacted the admission dept. but no reply till now.
Reply 466
Hi

I completed my application for Management MSc at UCl in Decemeber also, and was infact given an offer today.

Your transcript needs to be one that you get from your university department. I am guessing that is what it means when they say "official".
I simply photocopied my transcript and sent it in which they were fine with.
It cannot be just a list your grades that you have achieved over the last few years on a word document for example.
Original post by mayben90
Hi

I completed my application for Management MSc at UCl in Decemeber also, and was infact given an offer today.

Your transcript needs to be one that you get from your university department. I am guessing that is what it means when they say "official".
I simply photocopied my transcript and sent it in which they were fine with.
It cannot be just a list your grades that you have achieved over the last few years on a word document for example.

Hey there,

Well, that have been resolved.
I HAVE BEEN ASKED FOR INTERVIEW ON FEB 22.. ANY suggestions on where this is heading and what to expect.?
Program is Msc. Project and Enterprise Management
Reply 468
Well mine was a video interview so it will be different. But they asked me these questions:
1. How do i see myself using my skills developed in my undergraduate in 5 years time.
2. What are my carreer ambitions and how will this course help.
3. What are the most important aspects of the course. I.e specefic modules.
4. Outside of your studies can you give me an example of dedication that led to a great acheivment.
5. Do you have any questions for us and anything to tell us.

Question 5 was a good opportunity to talk about all the reasons why i specifically wanted UCL.
I have got a telephone interview for Msc Project and Enterprise management.

What should I expect?
I am a Canadian and studying Mechanical engineering
Reply 470
I wouldn't know for a telephone interview but i could guess they will ask questions like:
Why UCL?
Why this MSs?
What modules are you specifically looking forward to?
How will you use your undergraduate skills in this MSc?
What carrer ambitions do you have and how will this MSc help?
How will you cope studying abroad?
How will you cope with studying at an English University where there is much less direct tuition and more of your own work required?

Things like that.
Original post by mayben90
I wouldn't know for a telephone interview but i could guess they will ask questions like:
Why UCL?
Why this MSs?
What modules are you specifically looking forward to?
How will you use your undergraduate skills in this MSc?
What carrer ambitions do you have and how will this MSc help?
How will you cope studying abroad?
How will you cope with studying at an English University where there is much less direct tuition and more of your own work required?

Things like that.

Hey !
I applied for the MSc Project and Enterprise Management course in UCL too ! :smile: My telephone interview is this thursday, What kind of questions did they ask ? Could you help me please :smile:
Original post by NoorShihab
Hey !
I applied for the MSc Project and Enterprise Management course in UCL too ! :smile: My telephone interview is this thursday, What kind of questions did they ask ? Could you help me please :smile:

well they asked
What time is it in Canada? This was surprising considering they should know
what designation will you graduate from? (First, second or third class)
what do you expect to gain from this program?

and rest, he told me that this program is more client base projects. It was good, but I was shivering for some reason and couldn't answer properly. Then gave me an essay topic which I hv PM you
Reply 474
Hi there!

I believe this post was done long ago. My interview on the same course will be on Feb 15th. Do you remember any other question Mr. Pryke asked?

Appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Reply 475
Hi!!!

How was your interview? Do you remember questions?
Reply 476
i applied for Msc in Economics and Energy Policy & Environment, i got a skype interview this coming 21st Feb '13

any advice? they dont even ask me to prepare for anything though :s-smilie:
Reply 477
Original post by moronz
i applied for Msc in Economics and Energy Policy & Environment, i got a skype interview this coming 21st Feb '13

any advice? they dont even ask me to prepare for anything though :s-smilie:

I have my interview next week, would you mind sharing the kinds of questions they asked/what to expect/your background?

I'm a Canadian and interviewing for grad school is something I'm so unfamiliar with. I'm so nervous and have no idea what to expect!

Hope it went well for you :smile:
Reply 478
Original post by ermoso5
Hi there!

I believe this post was done long ago. My interview on the same course will be on Feb 15th. Do you remember any other question Mr. Pryke asked?

Appreciate your help!!!!!!!

Hi there,
I also have an interview next week for the project and enterprise management MSc course.
Could you please share what questions they have asked you?
your help will be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by CDN-CNFUSD-ABT-UNI
well they asked
What time is it in Canada? This was surprising considering they should know
what designation will you graduate from? (First, second or third class)
what do you expect to gain from this program?

and rest, he told me that this program is more client base projects. It was good, but I was shivering for some reason and couldn't answer properly. Then gave me an essay topic which I hv PM you

Hi,

I hope you got the place!

I have my interview tomorrow with Mr Pryke. I was wondering whats sort of essay topic they gave you and what was required from it? I only know that i will have 60mins to respond to the email after it is sent. Provided my phone interview goes well. Any information on the essay you could provide would be much appreciated!

Quick Reply