The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The thing is we can only play counter-attacking football if Barca are in a position where they're chasing a goal. If it turns out like I fear and they race to a goal or two in no time then we're the ones who have to commit forward and that is when we're torn a new arse-hole.
Barca have tired everytime in the 2nd half against us though. Both times at the Emirates and then at the Nou Camp they weren't as good 2nd half as they were first half, probably because the game was dead anyway. If we can just keep the scores close, maybe only a goal behind at half time then hopefully we can take advantage in the 2nd half.
Original post by Ar5enal Fan
Barca have tired everytime in the 2nd half against us though. Both times at the Emirates and then at the Nou Camp they weren't as good 2nd half as they were first half, probably because the game was dead anyway. If we can just keep the scores close, maybe only a goal behind at half time then hopefully we can take advantage in the 2nd half.

Barca rested Iniesta, Villa and Biscuits at the weekend - whereas you are going to play Cesc who won't be 100%, possibly RvP despite him being 'out for a month' and a fat Russian bastard on one wing, and you say Barca are going to tire? OK.
Original post by sandeep90
Vermaelen didn't exactly cover himself in glory last year against Barca. I think Djourou and Kos will be more sensible in their positioning in this match.

I'm going for a 2-2. Barca will score, but they will suffer against our counterattacking football, especially with Puyol and Pique out.

is puyol def. out :confused:
Original post by Billa Bong
is puyol def. out :confused:

Yep. It was reported on Barcelona's official website.
Reply 5785
ryo miyaichi - walcott/bale/arshavin combined

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mtUDAcZNVE&feature=fvst
Original post by sandeep90
Yep. It was reported on Barcelona's official website.

ah we might have a chance then :rolleyes:
Reply 5787
getting ready to catch my plane! so physched! been reading reports in spanish papers about how shoook barca are about van persie's inclusion.

c'mon you reds.

:arsenal:
Not to start some ridiculous countdown or anything... but 16 hours 45 minutes to Go
Reply 5789
Original post by Skaiyote
I had a dream we won 2-0 and RVP scored both :ahee:

Turns out he might actually play :daydreaming:

I just had a dream we won 2-0 as well, Bender and Kos :lol:
Can see this match either being a 1-1 draw, or Barca will completely dominate and win about 4-0. Still, hope the Gunners win.
Reply 5791
Original post by Beneb
I have my doubts how much that affected Barca for the first game, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were probably practicing one-twos on the train all the way to Milan. :gah:

EDIT: Just realised you might have been talking about either Barca having to travel by train due to the ash cloud, or Inter parking the bus. If I've completely missed the point, I apologise. :colondollar:

I was implying Inter's bus park was that amazing, that it was actually a double decker plane park :daydreaming:
Reply 5792
Original post by Beneb
I've been looking for a gif of the first 5 seconds of that video for ages. So damn good. :coma:

With respect to tomorrow's game, I don't think it's actually possible for a team to play as well as they did against Real Madrid twice in a season.

They already have in La Liga many times.

According to Wenger, it be either Diaby/Denilson who will cover for Song.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5793
Fact: Arsenal have gone through in 14 of the 15 European qualifiers where the club won the first leg at home.
You boys seen this, may have already been posted
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9418127.stm

The gloves are off now!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by doggyfizzel
You boys seen this, may have already been posted
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9418127.stm

The gloves are off now!

I think pep should've said there are many like him in the b team until Arsenal come and take them
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I think pep should've said there are many like him in the b team until Arsenal come and take them

Or a few like them in Newell's old boys until Barcelona come and take them. Or the Canary Islands, or in the Arsenal youth team (until they rejected Barcelona of course)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot

They are brilliant to watch, but there is a cockiness and arrogance about Barcelona that I just hate. Although I would be brilliant if Arsenal lost tonight and crumbled horribly in the PL, I would just love to see Barca torn apart in front of their own fans, and Wilshere and Cesc run the midfield.

Inter last year showed them there is more than one way to play, Arsenal beating them at their own game might deflated their dangerously large ego a bit.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5798
There isn't a single Arsenal player who would get in the Barca team, is there? They are better in every position. And they're at home. There is a reason Arsenal are only about 30% implied chance to win this tonight, even with your one-goal lead.

Still, it should be a cracking game, I'm seriously excited to watch it (as a Liverpool fan/'neutral')
Reply 5799
Original post by M_E_X
There isn't a single Arsenal player who would get in the Barca team, is there? They are better in every position. And they're at home. There is a reason Arsenal are only about 30% implied chance to win this tonight, even with your one-goal lead.

Still, it should be a cracking game, I'm seriously excited to watch it (as a Liverpool fan/'neutral')

Only Fabregas and Nasri.

Latest