The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AObasa
Ahh cool, ha to be honest I hadn't looked just hoped for the best ha. I'm doing Biochemistry and Genetics! Ha todays been such a dilemma with the parent concerning tomorrow, like bloody question time. :blah:

lol, aaah okay cool. That sounds good. :P

How did you find the uni? I really liked it. Are you firming Nottingham?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hey guys,

Im an Australian who has applied to study on exchange for autumn semester in 2011. Just a few quick questions I cant seem to find an answer for online:

1. Anyone know the start and finish dates for accomodation in a catered hall?
2. Anyone know roughly what time period exchange students find out if they've been formally accepted or not? My own university here in Australia wont even tell me.

Anyway, can't wait to run amok...I mean...study
Original post by PhilippaY
heyyyy i am going to firm my offer for this course! :smile: i hope i get the grades though :s haha i'm so glad i found someone who'll be doing this course! i've been trying for ages haha xx

Oh great! Yeah, well, I got a conditional offer too, hope nothing goes wrong with my grades...:biggrin: I'm still waiting for warwick and edinburg, but i'm pretty positive for nottingham:smile:
oh, and how about accommodation? Do you know anything about applying for a campus place or living in a shared appartment etc? i mean, which would be better/cheaper/safer( just read about shottingham, i hope i'm gonna be alright...:-s)?
Original post by yahyahyahs
politics ftw!

WOOO! Have you accepted? just applied for accomodation too :biggrin:
Original post by pink.princess
Just firmed Nottingham for Politics and Economics :smile:
Anyone else doing the same course?

i got an offer for Politics and Economics :biggrin: its been ages trying to find someone doing the same course haha what was your offerr? are you going up to any open days? :smile:
Original post by zerin62
Thank you :smile: at least now we have something to go on. And now the nerves kick in again :frown:

Heard anything yet? I'm going to murder someone soon. :angry:
Reply 1507
Original post by LornaSandison1
Heard anything yet? I'm going to murder someone soon. :angry:

Nothing! I've emailed them as well but they haven't replied to that either. So frustrating!
Original post by zerin62
Nothing! I've emailed them as well but they haven't replied to that either. So frustrating!

Yes, it really is. So much for "a decision will be reached within the next day or two."
You do all know that the University is well within its rights to delay giving out offers right up until May?

The first time I went through UCAS, I had to wait till then for Edinburgh after applying in September. Waiting from October/November till now really isn't all that bad or unfair.

When you submit a UCAS application, the dates are made clear. It may be frustrating but the likelihood is that they need to take extra time to assess applications so as to make the right candidates an offer. Particularly given the sheer volume of apps this year, and the increase in fees from next year.

Calm down. You've all got other offers - it's not like you're going to be left with nowhere to go like some poor unfortunate others. If you really want to consider Notts as an option, it'll be worth waiting for the offer. I'd hate to be an admissions tutor at the moment!
Original post by mr_joejangles
WOOO! Have you accepted? just applied for accomodation too :biggrin:

Yah :biggrin: Are you going for UP accomodation?
Yah :biggrin: Are you going for UP accomodation?

I am, really looking forward to it! What about you?
Reply 1512
when you make you firm and insurance decision, do you have to apply for accommodation at your insurance as well as you firm, or just the firm?
Original post by 108
when you make you firm and insurance decision, do you have to apply for accommodation at your insurance as well as you firm, or just the firm?

Depends on the uni. Each has different policies
Reply 1514
Original post by Rachel08
Depends on the uni. Each has different policies

nottingham as insurance? do i have to apply for accom?
Original post by 108

Don't know, there should be info on their website. If there's not ring up and ask:smile:
Original post by 108

nope
What time do law replies normally come out? I'm expecting mine today. :|
Original post by mr_joejangles
I am, really looking forward to it! What about you?

UP, I can cook but I don't want the fire brigade out everytime I try, so it's best to leave it to the professionals :smile:
UP, I can cook but I don't want the fire brigade out everytime I try, so it's best to leave it to the professionals :smile:

Excuse me! We've never had the fire brigade out here

set the grill on fire. Twice. But never had the fire brigade out

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending