The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by fhatthewuck
what did fabregas do? not watching.

Tried a backheel on the edge of our box that went straight to barca and leads to them scoring.
Can't wait for the cesc conspiracy theories :holmes:

Still that takes the tension out of the game, I was minutes away from reaching for my mates fags..
The actual goal was a touch of class from Messi. I thought it flicked up off the keeper at first but it looks more like his own work.
Inevitable, Arsenal were doing well until they got into a completely unnecessary scuffle, where they just lost their heads and made that mistake. Ridiculous from RVP tbph, could've been sent off for that nonsense against Alves.
Reply 5984
****! CLEAR THE ****ING BALL! -.-

Apart from this rage, what a flick by Messi jheez.

There's absolutely nothing Arsenal can do apart from what they are doing, anything else will only need to Barca goals.

It's do or die now, but the do also involves a die in the form of a Barca counter attack :\
(edited 13 years ago)
Now my stream stopped working
Reply 5986
Agent Fabregas :mmm:
Oh, didn't know Walcott was out too (not even an Arsenal fan)... Such a shame he'd be perfect for this game as an outlet.
Reply 5988
**** this ****. bring on bendtner and lets **** them up
Original post by Okinawa
Tried a backheel on the edge of our box that went straight to barca and leads to them scoring.

He should have just moved in the summer instead of trying to prove his point like this. Jk but seriously wtf?
Reply 5990
JK.
OP
Better 2 mins before half time than 2 mins after, gives us a chance to regroup and sort out a proper plan, doesn't look good, though. I imagine Pep will instruct them to just play keep ball and try and pick us off as we try to score which I imagine they probably will do. Anyone heard any news on Szcz?
A scoundrel dog > Alves. Also Tony ****acascarino can seriously shut the **** up and **** the **** off.

Put Bendtner on for Rosicky.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ish90an
Inevitable, Arsenal were doing well until they got into a completely unnecessary scuffle, where they just lost their heads and made that mistake. Ridiculous from RVP tbph, could've been sent off for that nonsense against Alves.

No, replay showed he made little contact. Alves didn't need to go down screaming.

What was nonsense was Valdes swinging his arm into Cesc's face and Abidal grabbing RVP by the neck (which DID warrant a red).

Barca deserve their goal but we only need to score 1 to be back in this.
Surprised Cesc didn't go and celebrate with his team mates:tongue:

Second half will be good, hopefully RVP might actually get to see the ball, and Valdes will have to put the deck chair away.
Ref's been pretty appalling so far, he's got a fair few calls wrong (for us and them- tbf he's helped us out). We've been very good defensively but Rosicky just hasn't helped out at all. Down that side they have the "easy job" and have let way too much through. No idea what Cesc was thinking with the backheel but it doesn't matter, we've got to somehow score. Messi has been getting better and better and has been looking dangerous and could have scored 3 tbh.

If I'm completely honest, if the game ends now I'm proud of the players and think we can just move on.

Oh and some of the Barca players dive far too much. I know it's seen as a part of the game in Spain but should it really be like that in the CL. Alves is almost as bad as Busquets but really it's so annoying it's ridiculous.

And RVP should know better. He was aggravated by Abidal but he's our most senior player and vice-captain he absolutely SHOULD NOT be risking getting sent off even if he is frustrated.
(edited 13 years ago)
Glad to say that it wasn't even a terrible goal or bad defending. Just. Messi
Original post by Kreuzuerk
A scoundrel dog > Alves. Also Tony ****acascarino can seriously shut the **** up and **** the **** off.

Ain't that the truth, which media outlet is he spouting rubbish from so I know which to avoid?
Reply 5997
Original post by Mess.
Agent Fabregas :mmm:

May he be better than Agent Ridgewell? :holmes:

Original post by JK.
Better 2 mins before half time than 2 mins after, gives us a chance to regroup and sort out a proper plan, doesn't look good, though. I imagine Pep will instruct them to just play keep ball and try and pick us off as we try to score which I imagine they probably will do. Anyone heard any news on Szcz?

They tried to hold a 1 goal lead against us at the Emirates. I imagine they are going to go for the kill this time.
Original post by Psychotic546

Oh and some of the Barca players dive far too much. I know it's seen as a part of the game in Spain but should it really be like that in the CL. Alves is almost as bad as Busquets but really it's so annoying it's ridiculous.

Agree. They're a bunch of *****.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Glad to say that it wasn't even a terrible goal or bad defending. Just. Messi

Erm.. Messi's finish was brilliant but Cesc backheeling the ball to Iniesta on the edge of the D?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest