Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leticiabessel

tick tock

have you still not heard anything?! blimey. they're taking their time!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Unconditional from Bristol for environmental geoscience. GET IN.
This waiting is ENDLESSSS.
Original post by purplestarfish
have you still not heard anything?! blimey. they're taking their time!

I emailed them 4 hours ago asking them what time frame they're working on, and they've sent me an "offer letter" saying that they intend to make me an offer and the conditions should appear on Track soon! :biggrin: YAY!

Finally...
I emailed them 4 hours ago asking them what time frame they're working on, and they've sent me an "offer letter" saying that they intend to make me an offer and the conditions should appear on Track soon! :biggrin: YAY!

Finally...

WELL DONEE.
What subject is this for please?

EDIT: Why did I get neg repped for this??
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by maddielou_
WELL DONEE.
What subject is this for please?

Maths G100 :biggrin:

I can't remember, did you hear from them yet?

Edit: why did I get neg rep for this?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1546
Just got an offer letter from Bristol, now waiting for track to update to see what the offer actually is.
Unfortunately I can't go to the open day on account of prior plans made by my college. :frown:

Edit: For Archaeological and Anthropological Sciences (BSc) code VL4P

:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
The eternal wait of the English applicant.
I'm applying for English! Expecting a rejection.
Original post by holly6946
The eternal wait of the English applicant.

Original post by gilesthewhale
I'm applying for English! Expecting a rejection.

I know how you both feel!

Maths G100 :biggrin:

I can't remember, did you hear from them yet?

Nope, not heard anything yet :frown: May I ask what you put in the email?
And the wait continues....
I know how you both feel!

Nope, not heard anything yet :frown: May I ask what you put in the email?

This is the main body of the email:

"Thank you for keeping me updated on the progression of my application to study Mathematics at the University of Bristol. It's great to know that you are considering each one of us candidates carefully throughout the different stages of the decision-making process.

I understand that these aren't easy decisions to make, and that you must be under great pressure from students and superiors alike. However, it would be very helpful to know if it will take a few more weeks, or if a decision about my application is imminent. Bristol has been my top choice from the beginning, and I would appreciate if you could let me know more about the time frame you are working on."

To be honest, I think they'd already made a decision about me and were just waiting to be done with everyone else's, so they could put it on Track. Or it was me saying 'you are my top choice' that did the trick! At least what I said was true :smile:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon, let me know xx
This is the main body of the email:

"Thank you for keeping me updated on the progression of my application to study Mathematics at the University of Bristol. It's great to know that you are considering each one of us candidates carefully throughout the different stages of the decision-making process.

I understand that these aren't easy decisions to make, and that you must be under great pressure from students and superiors alike. However, it would be very helpful to know if it will take a few more weeks, or if a decision about my application is imminent. Bristol has been my top choice from the beginning, and I would appreciate if you could let me know more about the time frame you are working on."

To be honest, I think they'd already made a decision about me and were just waiting to be done with everyone else's, so they could put it on Track. Or it was me saying 'you are my top choice' that did the trick! At least what I said was true :smile:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon, let me know xx

That's such a brilliantly worded email! Thanks for passing this on. If they don't reply by next week I may seriously consider sending an email :smile:. Thank you xx
That's such a brilliantly worded email! Thanks for passing this on. If they don't reply by next week I may seriously consider sending an email :smile:. Thank you xx

Aha thank you, I did spend quite a lot of time making sure it didn't sound too rude/needy, but that it still conveyed my concern and interest about their decision.

Finally...

Was it Richard Walters you emailed?
Still waiting on French.

It's the last place to hear from too, I'd really quite like to know soon >_> .

Ah well, just keep swimming...
Original post by Jing_jing

No - Claire Lowe. I've gotten my emails from her address, even though the one about how they had permission to make more offers was 'signed' by Richard Walters. I don't think it really makes a difference, she's the coordinator and he's the main manager, but they work in the same room!
Original post by Jing_jing

By the way, I see you haven't applied for Bristol, why are you interested? I don't mean to be rude at all - just curious :smile:

Oh, and A*A*A*1 from Cambridge - congratulations, but ouch!!!
Claire Lowe was very good to me last year, she's very helpful and a lovely person to deal with, reccomend emailing her.
By the way, I see you haven't applied for Bristol, why are you interested? I don't mean to be rude at all - just curious :smile:

Oh, and A*A*A*1 from Cambridge - congratulations, but ouch!!!

:biggrin: No I was just wondering because Richard Walters is lovely (helped him decorate the Math's department's Christmas tree with Mathematicians year before last :tongue:) I do a bit of lurking on this thread just because I live in Bristol :laugh:

I was debating about applying to Bristol, I went to a series of Maths lectures there and enjoyed them, but it's just too close to home.

:h: Thanks, I don't know whether it's a blessing or a curse :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending