The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Original post by Cesc_93

The ref's these days dont use any common sense and act like robots.

Exactly, the fact is a lot of them haven't played a lot of football. If the ref tonight had a decent experience of playing football he wouldn't have sent off RvP, would've gave Barca their pen for the foul on Messi and wouldn't have booked Sagna.
Original post by RNBen
And you said my post was moronic. :rolleyes:

One has to accept that there is a probability of both a negative outcome and a positive one. Thus, by stating that 9 in 10 times RvP would convert the Bendtner chance one has to accept that in 1 in 10 times, he would not.

Much like when driving, chances are you won't crash, but there is always a small chance you will. Life is about chance. Obviously, one cannot live in a padded room, but to ignore the fact that something could possibly happen is, as you so appropriately put it, moronic.

wtf. take a stats class

you said it yourself. 'small chance'. precisely, a much larger one that he would score.
To be honest, I thought Arsenal could have got the result before the sending off. Having said that, I have never seen Arsenal shut a game out effectively, the way Mourinho or Ferguson could, so I wouldn't have been surprised if they had a let goal in at 11 men.

Also, I think Van Persie did hear the whistle but it was still a ridiculous sending off. Ruined the tie.

The most annoying thing was Martin Lawernson commentating.
Reply 6283
Original post by lukejoshjedi
I don't get why neutrals would even support Barca, especially if your team is still in the CL, they'll just knock you out too

do you think real madrid would support Arsenal tonight?!?! YES! there's your answer - it's called rivalry.

And barcelona can be knocked out over two legs, liverpool, man utd and chelsea have done it before, it's only arsenal who can't accomplish this.
Reply 6284
Original post by Kreuzuerk
wtf. take a stats class

you said it yourself. 'small chance'. precisely, a much larger one that he would score.

But still a chance, you seem to be completely ignorant of that fact.
Reply 6285
Original post by Zayne101
No you're the idiot.

You try and use stats about last time someone else winning the league in spain was 03/04.. then stats are used back at you and all of a sudden stats don't matter

Barcelona
Real madrid
Man Utd
Chelsea

The only teams that win leagues in Spain & England since 03/04 and the same reason why they are always the four favourites to win the champions league according to odds.

Arsenal and especially Liverpool don't win league titles, so to include liverpool just prooves your clueless.

I wasn't using stats you blind piece of **** that was an entirely different poster.
I was commenting how only two teams can actually win La liga where as from 04 to 08 four teams have chased the title. Arsenal were close in 07/08 and Liverpool in 08/09.

Why don't just f*** off and stop trolling. Have you nothing better to do?

EDIT: I think I should start listening to my pearl of wisdom now instead of arguing with retards like you.
(edited 13 years ago)
The RVP sending off was a bit :lolwut: but it would have been a miracle for us to get through after the poor performance we put in today, i'm surprised we came so close. Fabregas should definitely not have played or atleast been subbed at half time.

Still proud of the team to come out of the 2 legs with a score of 4-3 and play well at the Emirates :h:
Would love to see Barca play United/Chelsea to see if they could do much better :colone:

Edit. Also really hope Szczesny is okay :colondollar: (Almunia was amazing today though :yy:)
Reply 6287
Nice to see arsenal fc showing people the way during lent.

Looks like they will be giving up trophies this year.
Original post by RNBen
But still a chance, you seem to be completely ignorant of that fact.

yeah obviously. there is chance messi could also get hit by a falling meteorite. however you seem to think it's as likely to happen as him not getting hit by a falling meteorite.
Reply 6289
Original post by zxh800
I wasn't using stats you blind piece of **** that was an entirely different poster.
I was commenting how only two teams can actually win La liga where as from 04 to 08 four teams have chased the title. Arsenal were close in 07/08 and Liverpool in 08/09.

Why don't just f*** off and stop trolling. Have you nothing better to do?

Who's trolling? Arsenal and Liverpool DON'T WIN THE LEAGUE.

LIKE IN SPAIN .

ONLY TWO TEAMS WIN THE LEAGUE

MAN UTD AND CHELSEA

Those are just facts if you are tyring to say only REAL MADRID AND BARCELONA WIN THE LEAGUE.

So there you go and go **** yourself :smile:
Original post by Danny.
Because he wasn't a big impact in the first 55 mins doesn't mean he would have done nothing in the last 35. His sending off allows at least one more Barca player to venture forward, it allows them to take the ball deeper into our half without being pressured, it means more players from midfield have to go forward in attack, then they have to come back and press Barca again, they get even more tired. It also means we have no-one up top to pick out, and just end up clearing the ball to Barca.

Arsenal needed the ball first before they could make an impact. And you obviously dont know the Barca system if you think "allows at least one more Barca player to venture forward". Barca always leave their 2 CB's and DM back and the rest of the team attack. With or without Van Persie running after them, they were never going to commit another player forward when they didnt need too against a dangerous team.

I don't have them on, the best team won. Possibly the best team ever won. We were outplayed completely but I'm still proud of them. Perhaps you should take your anti-Arsenal glasses off?

I'm not anti-Arsenal. I'm just sick and tired of football fans blaming everyone but there own players. You lost because your team isnt good enough and you were completely dominated, not because of the ref.

It shows your lack of football knowledge. Theres a certain aspect of it you get from playing the game at a decent level, and if you can't understand how the sending off changed the game you obviously haven't.

:rofl:

What utter nonsense. Especially the bolded bit. So by playing you gain some extra, magical knowledge? Stop talking crap.

And fyi, I have played at an extremely low level.
The sending off was an absolute horrendous decision.

An absolute farce, disgusting, vile, ugly decision. Villainous cheating referee.

Is he taking orders from up above? How many times have English teams suffered in the champions league by bad referring decisions?

Look at the guy. An absolute cheating disgrace.

1 second after the whistle when he kicked the ball. I’m no neurologist but I’ve got an incline that it is physical impossible for your body to stop something your brain has signalled for you to do. Then if you can’t actually hear the whistle it is 100% confirmed impossible.

What the hell did Massimo Busacca think? That van Persie’s got super hearing/eyes in the back of his head? The scoundrel needs to get smacked up.

In what possible world is what the referee did justifiable? If that decision is not turned over after an appeal then the fools at uefa need to get smacked up cause they aren’t doing their job

AFTER ARSENAL SCORED THEY WERE ON THE UP THEY COULD HAVE SNATCHED ANOTHER IF NOT FOR THE SENDING OFF.

Arsene Wenger is an absolute legend “I told the referee face to face what I thought about his decision”

Van Persie- “Please for God’s sake how was that a sending off; suspend me..this was a joke...I don’t know why he is here today...there were 95 thousand people jumping how could I hear the whistle”

Jamie Redknapp- “There has to be common sense from the referee there.. I can understand why Van persie said what he said”

Graham Souness “It is a harsh decision”

Guy on Talksport this is an absolute joke of a decision referee you are an idiot”

So Massimo Busacca feck you don’t even know the rules go don’t feck around with English teams were quick to snatch your ugly ass off the streets. Your finished as a ref. Your reps gone down the gutters you dumb dog faced ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Let's be honest here everyone. Barcelona would beat every team in Europe. They only didn't beat Inter last year from, ironically, a terrible refereeing decision (Pedro being onside for the knockout blow in the 80+ minute). So losing 4-3 on aggregate isn't exactly an abomination is it?

Perspective, it's vital (I should have this as my sig considering how many people on TSR don't have any)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6293
Original post by Zayne101
Who's trolling? Arsenal and Liverpool DON'T WIN THE LEAGUE.

LIKE IN SPAIN .

ONLY TWO TEAMS WIN THE LEAGUE

MAN UTD AND CHELSEA

Those are just facts if you are tyring to say only REAL MADRID AND BARCELONA WIN THE LEAGUE.

So there you go and go **** yourself :smile:

wow

retarded much?
Original post by lukejoshjedi
I don't get why neutrals would even support Barca, especially if your team is still in the CL, they'll just knock you out too

Chelsea and even United will have 'em
Reply 6295
Original post by Kreuzuerk
yeah obviously. there is chance messi could also get hit by a falling meteorite. however you seem to think it's as likely to happen as him not getting hit by a falling meteorite.

Not at all, and evidently you are incapable of having a decent conversation so I will probably leave it here.

By acknowledging that RvP would convert his chance 9 in 10 times I have accepted that it is a far more likely outcome. However, it is not a certainty and thus those saying "If RvP was on he would have scored and Arsenal would be through." are completely incorrect - there is no possible way of knowing what the outcome would have been should RvP been on the pitch at the time (therefore one cannot ignore the fact that he may have also missed said chance).

I appreciate that you may wish to believe that Arsenal would have gone through if they had 11 men throughout the game, however there is no way for you or anyone else to know that and thus, you must simply accept that on the night Barca went through. On the night RvP was not on the pitch to convert the chance that fell to Bendtner and on the night Messi was not hit by a falling meteorite.
Reply 6296
spanish league is ****, simple as. pep guardiola is an unproven, ****-talking manager.
end of the day, ref was their 12th man. alright, they did outplay us but we didn't go their to beat them at playing football. our job was to absorb and counter and we did alright at that, excluding the fact of 0 shots at goal.. bendtner needs to hand in a transfer request.
unlucky result, but forward and onwards, fa cup against united will make or break our season.
Original post by CB91
Arsenal needed the ball first before they could make an impact. And you obviously dont know the Barca system if you think "allows at least one more Barca player to venture forward". Barca always leave their 2 CB's and DM back and the rest of the team attack. With or without Van Persie running after them, they were never going to commit another player forward when they didnt need too against a dangerous team.

You obviously don't know football if you think a lone forward's role is to just have shots. Barca don't always leave their DM back, Busquets presses on himself sometimes.

Even if we ignore the presence another person on the pitch brings, you want to ignore the chance at the end, you don't think RVP would have done better?
Kl
Original post by CB91
you gain some extra, magical knowledge? Stop talking crap.

And fyi, I have played at an extremely low level.

Yes. Experience. Why do you think most managers, coaches, analysts are ex footballers?

Experience is the biggest teacher. There's only so much you can understand by simple watching.
Original post by Hantheman
Let's be honest here everyone. Barcelona would beat every team in Europe. They only didn't beat Inter last year from, ironically, a terrible refereeing decision (Pedro being onside for the knockout blow in the 80+ minute). So losing 4-3 on aggregate isn't exactly an abomination is it?

Perspective, it's vital (I should have this as my sig considering how many people on TSR don't have any)

So did Barcelona win "fairly" against Chelsea in the infamous semi final screw job of 09?

Funny how much perspective you have.

What comes around goes around. They were lucky one year and in another they weren't.

Latest