The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marcusmerehay
Or Busquets for that matter.

What did Busquets do? Alcohol is affecting my memory slightly.
Original post by CB91
Unproven? So 2 Champions Leagues, 2 semi-finals and now in the quarters in five years is unproven?

Words cannot begin to describe how utterly retarded that statement is.

Last five years Man United - back to back champions league finals, quarter finals , multiple premier league titles, Carling cups...

How are Barcelona so far ahead?
Bentner who keeps saying he'd quit the club if he doesnt get more first team time. He had a golden chance, that if he took would surely put us true and guess what, he takes a touch too many. His first touches has always been poor. He shouldve just poked the ball ffs!!! :angry:
Original post by badger-man
What did Busquets do? Alcohol is affecting my memory slightly.

He also grabbed a player round the throat during that scuffle (don't remember who).
cesc on twitter: Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise.

wilshere chips in with: Oh yeah and the ref was good aswell
(edited 13 years ago)
Honestly speaking the ref killed the game. the red card was a joke.
the whole seson has been dogged by poor silly stupid refereeing.it's about time fifa has to do something. Ref's should also be handed bans or fines for this. They cant givin an excuse that they are human and they make mistakes.this is one too many now. FFS!!
I'm really proud of our team tonight. Sure, we wound up looking like Stoke and had the stats to match, but we showed some actual maturity and rose above some of their more nasty approaches.

RVP had every right to floor Abidal... no footballer interested in football should be doing that to a fellow professional. Considering Robin's temper, I'm astounded he managed not to react to him.

Wilshere was just incredible, and Almunia also deserves a word of praise... the defense as a whole hassled the Barca forwards just enough to close gaps and keep it out.

In a weird way I was very proud when watching it... equitable to my rage at yet another silly red card ruining another potential classic. We can focus on the league now, since I wouldn't give us a brilliant chance of beating United at OT... though we're due a couple of decisions from the refs... not expecting to ever get them of course. We're Arsenal after all.
Reply 6347
Man I think wenger still started with the wrong team :/
Especially by half time when we were getting dominated, he had to change the game. I think if he put on two strikers, then we'd be a bit more attacking and get the ball out our half.
He also grabbed a player round the throat during that scuffle (don't remember who).

:zomg:

I did not know that.

I really hope we can bounce back against United. Hopefully RVP plays.
Reply 6349

I also saw that, it was flick on RVP's face, Toress does the same thing when he has a little pop at a player.

http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2011/03/video-abidal-grabbed-van-persie-neck.html

It happens towards the end of the video.
Original post by Darth Maul
Last five years Man United - back to back champions league finals, quarter finals , multiple premier league titles, Carling cups...

How are Barcelona so far ahead?

for the past 3 seasons anyway... Didn't they do the treble in 08/09, the treble (or more?) in 09/10, on track for the League/Champs league/league cup this season - 10/11

In the last 5 years United have won the Carling Cup, FA Cup, the league 4 times or so and the champions league... hmm
Reply 6351
Original post by Tsukuyomi
Bentner who keeps saying he'd quit the club if he doesnt get more first team time. He had a golden chance, that if he took would surely put us true and guess what, he takes a touch too many. His first touches has always been poor. He shouldve just poked the ball ffs!!! :angry:

Bendtner is on 50k a week and is loving life, the issue should be why Arsenal have to resort to somebody like him as their impact sub in such a big game. Why is he anywhere near your first team!!
This is why Bendtner is so ANNOYING. He keeps proclaiming himself to be the real deal, confident of becoming the best player in the world, and worth the wages he gets (SOURCES - ALL OVER THE NEWSPAPERS in the past few weeks,) but when push comes to shove, he is SOOO BAD. Surely at 23 he should be showing a least marginal signs of promise, other than a measely hat-trick against L.orient.

GAWWWWD, WHAT a BUTTHOLE
Original post by Fusion

Original post by Fusion
Bendtner is on 50k a week and is loving life, the issue should be why Arsenal have to resort to somebody like him as their impact sub in such a big game. Why is he anywhere near your first team!!

Ask mr Wenger. Sometimes i think the only way we will win anything is if he goes. Sure he's done amazing things for the club, but he is too proud and that has led to arsenals downfall. Players such as Rasicky,Bendtner, Denilson, Squillachi Almunia, shouldnt be at arsenal. Yet he refuses to buy quality players and yet relies on the youth system. No matter how good your youth system is, you team would be better if you spent abit of money buying already recognised players. Just ask Barca
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tsukuyomi
Ask mr Wenger. Sometimes i think the only way we will win anything is if he goes. Sure he's done amazing things for the club, but he is too proud and that has led to arsenals downfall. Players such as Rasicky,Bendtner, Denilson, Squillachi Almunia, shouldnt be at arsenal. Yet he refuses to buy quality players and yet relies on the youth system. No matter how good your youth system is, you team would be better if you spent abit of money buying already recognised players. Just ask Barca
One game doesn't define a player... but please respect the job Almunia did tonight. Think of the torture he went through last time we played this team and consider the challenge he was faced with. The man did a spectacular job against immense odds.

As for Denilson, the guy is a very good squad player who still has time on his side, while Squillaci is an adequate backup, and the same for Bendtner as a plan B...

I think the team could have been debated regardless, such were the complexities around this game and both teams...
Reply 6355
Will the board ever sack Wenger? No, he adds too much value to shareholders.
Will fans turn agaisnt him? No, Arsenal fans are too diverse to share a united voice, plus he's living off past glories, and entertains them with attractive football.
Will he step down? Unlikely, but if Pat Rice leaves at the end of the season, that may have some impact for next season.
Reply 6356
Original post by v2p
Man I think wenger still started with the wrong team :/
Especially by half time when we were getting dominated, he had to change the game. I think if he put on two strikers, then we'd be a bit more attacking and get the ball out our half.

Whilst conceding 4 goals in the process. Its SUICIDAL to play 2 strikers against Barca especially at a stage when you only needed a single goal.
Original post by RobbieC

Original post by RobbieC
One game doesn't define a player... but please respect the job Almunia did tonight. Think of the torture he went through last time we played this team and consider the challenge he was faced with. The man did a spectacular job against immense odds.

As for Denilson, the guy is a very good squad player who still has time on his side, while Squillaci is an adequate backup, and the same for Bendtner as a plan B...

I think the team could have been debated regardless, such were the complexities around this game and both teams...

That played out line; "he still has time on his side" is annoying. Ive heard it loads. All the players ive mentioned are not good enough to play for arsenal. Damn, supporting Arsenal feels like supporting England. Gotta feel for those that support both Arsenal and England, talk about high blood pressure.

Almunia did do an okay job tbf to him, but he also sint good enough to be Arsenal
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6358
Hernandez is a good back up striker.. Bentder just comes on and makes it 3-1 or 4-1. He had a clear chance to put us through but had a really bad first touch. This season, we Can still win the double though. However for next season, after Van Persie gets injured again and Chamakh plays up front for most the season, we should really give Vela his chance. Try and keep Cesc for another year as well.
So hows the goalie situation looking ?

Latest