The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not a WUM at all
Thought you played the right way against them. Soaked up the pressure and 11 v 11 they were actually lucky to score tbh, moment of brilliance. Then once the sending off you had no chance. But then again, someone good instead of bendtner and you score and win on away goals. Ah well I might be there saturday, i hope you dont bounce back.
Reply 6361
The ref's poor performance surprised me, whenever I've seen Busacca previously his officiating has been very good. :dontknow:
Reply 6362
Original post by Beneb
The ref's poor performance surprised me, whenever I've seen Busacca previously his officiating has been very good. :dontknow:

One would imagine UEFA would have a bias towards a team like Barca progressing over Arsenal in the CL, of course it would be very tacit, and I'm not saying it was decisive, but still. I think they should make referees independent of UEFA.
:lol:
Thought we done really well, Barca were obviously going to be superior but we were handling it well until that joke of a decision. Players need to pick themselves up though and make sure we at least draw on Saturday. We can just look at the positives and maybe going out in Champions League might help us in the league as we'll have a few weeks now where we don't have to play on the weekend and midweek.
Reply 6365
The RvP sending off has got to be one of the worst decisions I have seen in a long time. The better team won imo but it was a shame that you'll never know what could've been if it wasn't for the poor decision, you gave it a pretty good shot though against one of the greatest teams of recent times, but not getting one shot on goal is pretty embarassing.
I dont know how long Arsenal can survive this drought, still relying on old successes, for how long though?
Says a lot that Arsenal never had a shot, but still nearly went through...
Exactly. ^

The media can bum it as a 'rape-fest' all they like, but the fact remains that when given the chances Barca just didn't take them and almost paid for it.

Can't help thinking that if it had been van Persie and not Bendtner on the end of Wilshere's pass, we would have scored.

The fact of the matter is that it was a dogged, determined defensive display and if we had got that goal everyone would be lavishing praise on the resilience and strength of character of the Arsenal players.

The important thing is to not lose heart ahead of a very difficult trip to OT on Saturday.

Twitpeeps

Wilshere: "We have to pick ourselfs up now...win saturday and then keep going strong in the league....still could be our year!"
Van Persie: "Thanks all AFC fans 4 tonight played vs a great team and a even better ref. He had a absolute shocker tonight think we all agree on this 1"
Nasri: "Thank you for your support once again u were amazing sorry for the result now we have to think about Man utd game and we still have a league to win and by the way bussaca is the best....pff"
Cesc: "Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise."
just to clarify, i posted a picture of crumble a few pages back :biggrin: i would like you to notice the writing undenreat that now things have calmed down ffs :biggrin: . I was expecting a mop of goals, hence the too soon ? comment
Original post by jermaindefoe
just to clarify, i posted a picture of crumble a few pages back :biggrin: i would like you to notice the writing undenreat that now things have calmed down ffs :biggrin: . I was expecting a mop of goals, hence the too soon ? comment

You lot need to go through first. :gah:
Reply 6371
Original post by Darth Maul
Here is my version

Every team in the world would lose to Manchester United 9/10 times

Barca play in the la liga where teams aren't as good at they are in the Premier League. Barca are poor when they come away to England. They are an over rated unproven team at the moment. And I doubt they will win the champions league this season.

You are just :facepalm: * 1000
Did that cretin not notice Liverpool ripping Man Utd to pieces on Sunday?
oh god, i hate Barcelona so much. Humiliating the team i love, twice now. I hope we find a way to beat them in the coming years, give them whats coming to them!
Original post by Richiboi
oh god, i hate Barcelona so much. Humiliating the team i love, twice now. I hope we find a way to beat them in the coming years, give them whats coming to them!

I don't think we were humiliated.
Original post by marcusmerehay

Almunia saved your arse countless times.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

Err, isn't that the goalkeepers job?
Original post by marcusmerehay

Not by our performance probably, but the scoreline, and that midget argie ****. I just want to shut up those who dislike us by doing something amazing. Not to mention i was watching it in a pub full of plastic United fans who managed to stop crying about sunday long enough to support Barca like they were Catalans.
Original post by Richiboi
Not by our performance probably, but the scoreline, and that midget argie ****. I just want to shut up those who dislike us by doing something amazing. Not to mention i was watching it in a pub full of plastic United fans who managed to stop crying about sunday long enough to support Barca like they were Catalans.

I'd stop worrying about what other fans think, apart from those who can think beyond mere rivalry and talk about football from their brain rather than their penis (for some those are two and the same unfortunately).
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

Speaking from experience, they were fairly standard goalkeeping saves - the finishing from Villa and Pedro was just woeful.

Latest