The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur vs. AC Milan (09-03-2011) Who will win?

This poll is closed

Who will win? Tottenham VS. AC Milan (09-03-2011)

Tottenham Win 73%
AC Milan Win 18%
Draw9%
Total votes: 11
Tottenham have a fantastic home record in the Champions League, winning every game this season at White Hart Lane. They are also an away goal up going in to the second leg against AC Milan.
However AC Milan have 7 titles to their name and have appeared in 11 finals.
So do you think AC Milan's experience will get them through or can Tottenham cause another Italian upset this season.

I'm going to go with Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 AC Milan

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

I think that we're on for a win.
- ambrosini out
- pirlo out
- boateng got lightly injured by felipe melo in the match against juventus (he will play but who knows)
- gattuso out

milan has no midfielders. 2-0 spurs
Not counting Milan out, but I think Spurs will go through, and I'd be quite happy if they did. They've been one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the CL this year - a breath of fresh air, really. I'll go with a draw on the night, with Spurs going through.
Reply 4
I honestly think ac milan wil knock out spurs tonight :frown: even though i want spurs to go through!

Maybe the only fans who wouldn't want spurs to go through tonight would be arsenal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Going to go for 1-2, Spurs out on away goals.

Zlatan can't go missing again.
Draw tonight, Spurs through.
Reply 7
Ditto, think it might be 1-2.

I sincerely hope Spurs go through though, else I'll be severely depressed. I really want English teams to do well this year.
Will probably change my opinion depending on the line up but Spurs will go through. AC Milan will need Ibra/Robinho/Pato to perform to win, not sure they'll be able to cope with the pace + intensity of Spurs.
I can't look past spurs really, going for a slightly crazy 3-0 to spurs
Reply 10
Football, fairplay and sportsmanship will be the big winners, surely
Spurs to go through and win on the night. Cue Spurs media hyperbole.
Reply 12
Lol, no contest, AC are history, Spurs will win and draw Barca! :awesome:
Reply 13
Original post by L18
Going to go for 1-2, Spurs out on away goals.

Zlatan can't go missing again.

You obviously have only heard of Zlatan's reputation. He's great in matches with slow tempo (Like La Liga, Serie A, Erwise 1 etc) always useless in matches against English opposition. Defenders hassle him too much which it appears he doesn't like. He's basically a rich man's Peter Crouch.

Now I've said that I will advise you to put money on him getting a hat-trick such is the state of my luck atm!
Reply 14
Original post by dnumberwang
I can't look past spurs really, going for a slightly crazy 3-0 to spurs

pos rep for the optimism, it's our game to lose but I can't see it happening tonight. COYS
Original post by JamesyB
You obviously have only heard of Zlatan's reputation. He's great in matches with slow tempo (Like La Liga, Serie A, Erwise 1 etc) always useless in matches against English opposition. Defenders hassle him too much which it appears he doesn't like. He's basically a rich man's Peter Crouch.

Did you get that off BBC live text for the first leg? :tongue:

Original post by maveryck
pos rep for the optimism, it's our game to lose but I can't see it happening tonight. COYS

lol I'm not even a spurs fan, I just had my longest spell on FM10 with them
i think spurs are gonna take it...not a pretty thing to say being a gooner :|
Reply 17
Original post by dnumberwang
Did you get that off BBC live text for the first leg? :tongue:

I was one of the people who sent it in....so yeah :biggrin:
Reply 18
I reckon spurs will nick it, they need Bale and/or VDV to be playing though.

2-2 or 2-1 to the spurs.
Spuds should be wary of Pato tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest