The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews History Applicants - 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anybody know how many places there are for history at St Andrews?

Someone on the main thread mentioned there were 50 places for physics, and I was wondering if anyone knew about History...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 41
Original post by Escocia
Anybody know how many places there are for history at St Andrews?

Someone on the main thread mentioned there were 50 places for physics, and I was wondering if anyone knew about History...

There's a document showing applicant and entrant numbers for 2007-9 here:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/Summary%20Report%202009.pdf
Bit out of date, but it looks like history has around 100 places and application: place ratio of 10:1 or so.
(I think 2008 was some kind of blip year - I read somewhere they had massive problems with accommodation one year when student numbers were unexpectedly high - maybe they over-offered that year).
Reply 42
Username: LoopyLuna
Date of reply: Feb 17th
Offer/Rejection: Unconditional (joint honours Russian and Modern History)

UCL - ABB
Nottingham - ABB
Birmingham - ABB
Glasgow - unconditional ( but they're cancelling the course, so whatever.)
I applied October 8th... and heard back on the 1st of March...
Reply 44
Original post by marmary_1993
I applied October 8th... and heard back on the 1st of March...

Ah, that would support the theory that they are working through in the order of submission. Did you get an offer? if so do you mind my asking what your conditions where and what grades you have? Im assuming form your early submission date that you are an oxbridge applicant and as such must have a pretty strong record?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
Any body applying to study Modern History and Philosophy VVD5?

If so, has anyone got a reply?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
Elated!!!
Username:KThackery
Date of reply: 9th March
Offer: Conditional AAB (A in history)
GCSEs: 6A*s, 4As, 2Bs
AS levels: AAAA (History, English, RE and biology)
A2 predictions: A*A*A*

Good luck to all who haven't heard yet, not too long now :smile:
Reply 47
Got an offer today;

Conditional 35 points from the IB with a 6 in History.
IB prediction: 44-45 points

:smile:

Pretty happy, although I'm fairly sure Warwick will be my insurance - I'm going to an open day and if it doesn't seem nice then SA is a possibility.
Reply 48
Congrats to both of you :smile: Any idea when Track updates? I know there can be a delay between Track updating and emails arriving.
Reply 49
Original post by Delaney
Congrats to both of you :smile: Any idea when Track updates? I know there can be a delay between Track updating and emails arriving.

Mine seems to have updated at 3pm but i hear that they sometimes update as 6pm

Good luck :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by faenixamo
Also, to anyone who does have offers... is anyone going to the Visit Day on the 13th April?

Yeah i'm planning to go down on that day, just got my offer and need to visit to decide between York and SAs. Sounds like it will be a good day with alot of info. which is great since i have alot of questions.

Are you just considering that day or are you definately going then? :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by KThackery
Mine seems to have updated at 3pm but i hear that they sometimes update as 6pm

Good luck :smile:

From what I've figured out I think track updates instantly but the emails are sent every 15 minutes. :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Delaney
From what I've figured out I think track updates instantly but the emails are sent every 15 minutes. :smile:

My emails always arrive three days after Track updates :/
Reply 53
Original post by juju
My emails always arrive three days after Track updates :/

An email being sent =/= An email arriving

You should really change your email provider.
(edited 13 years ago)
Offer for History :smile: AAB
Reply 55
Original post by KThackery
Yeah i'm planning to go down on that day, just got my offer and need to visit to decide between York and SAs. Sounds like it will be a good day with alot of info. which is great since i have alot of questions.

Are you just considering that day or are you definately going then? :smile:

Oooh, good - you can help me compare!

I'm going - booked my tickets and everything. I'm proud that I managed to get £44 train tickets for a 300 mile journey. I'll be going up the day before though, and staying in the youth hostel. When will you be going? :smile:
[QUOTE="KThackery;30254900"]Yeah i'm planning to go down on that day, just got my offer and need to visit to decide between York and SAs. Sounds like it will be a good day with alot of info. which is great since i have alot of questions.

Are you just considering that day or are you definately going then? :smile:[/QUOTE

I am waiting for St Andrews decision but I went to York yesterday and i was fantastic, but then again i loved st andrews to, honestly which ever you choose you will be going to an amazing uni!
Reply 57
Original post by faenixamo
Oooh, good - you can help me compare!

I'm going - booked my tickets and everything. I'm proud that I managed to get £44 train tickets for a 300 mile journey. I'll be going up the day before though, and staying in the youth hostel. When will you be going? :smile:

Yup, we can help each other compare :smile:

Hey cool, that's a crazy good deal!! I've booked train tickets too but not quite as good a price as you managed to secure, maybe coming from London is more expensive. We (my mum and I) are getting in to St Andrew's fairly late on the Tuesday evening, we'll be staying the night at a hostle called St Andrew's Tourist Hostel (Inchape House, St Mary's Place) so that we can get to the open day early, then leaving at around 5pm for the long journey home. Doesn't give me much free time to look around unfortunately but hopefully it'll be enough to get a feel for the place.

Kate Thackery
Reply 58
Original post by sarahmaloney

I am waiting for St Andrews decision but I went to York yesterday and it was fantastic, but then again i loved st andrews to, honestly which ever you choose you will be going to an amazing uni!

Yeah York is a pretty town but the Campas wasn't as pretty as i had expected. I'm hoping that St Andrews will either be utterly hidious or breathtakingly beautiful cause it would make the decision alot easier. And dont worry, i do know that aesthetics aren't everything but they are so evenly matched in most other respects, if i just got an amazing vibe off one or the other it would make the whole process decidely easier.

Good luck with the SAs offer!!
Reply 59
Dreading this decision :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending