The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Ultimate1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My whole life had been destroyed. My 3 answers to a 2 mark Question might not give me an extra mark. I think I'm losing my will to live.

I'll lose it after exams next week :tongue:
Reply 541
Overall i thought it was a good paper :smile: though for the teacher and guessing answers question i spent a good 5 minutes wondering if i got Ho and H1 right lol. :s-smilie: i just about finished it in time and was able to check over it once. Though at the beginning i wasted a bit of time, a wasp had to land on my formula booklet and stay there for a good minute. Had to get the invigilator to remove it *shudders*

I wonder if the grade boundaries are gonna be high for the paper, really hope i get an A.
Original post by serrated_colon
Marking my answers using the unofficial mark scheme.
WHERE?
Original post by A-level Jim
WHERE?

Few pages back
Reply 544
Original post by Gibbo81
Any two from

n must be finite
success or failure
independent
probability of success constant

I know I put three in the solutions but you didn't need to

I put down either have the disease or not - two possible outcomes.

Thats the same as success or failure yeh? Hopefully that, along with it being independent, will give me both the marks.
Reply 545
Original post by sohail.s
where is the mark scheme for this 2011 paper? i cant seem to find it :s-smilie:

The unofficial one is a few pages back. Or click on the paperclip icon next to the thread name, before you enter the thread.
so for the 6 mark normal dist. question i used the value 15.5 instead of 14.5 (got my continuous corrector thingy wrong) but everything else was done in the exact same way.

how many marks would i lose for this question? i know i've lost either 2 or 3 marks, just don't know which lol
Original post by A-level Jim
so for the 6 mark normal dist. question i used the value 15.5 instead of 14.5 (got my continuous corrector thingy wrong) but everything else was done in the exact same way.

how many marks would i lose for this question? i know i've lost either 2 or 3 marks, just don't know which lol

I would say about 3
HOW ARE YOUR RESULTS GUYS?????

Anyone joining me for S2 resit in June???:frown:
Reply 549
69/75 for an A
72/75 for 90 UMS

:O
Original post by EnVogue
69/75 for an A
72/75 for 90 UMS

:O

I dont understand why it is so highhhhhhh:mad:
It wasnt that easy...was it??
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 551
Surely NOT - I didn't find it that easy, it was kind of easy, but that is just TOO high, especially after that Q2 fail, surely it shouldn't be that high!
Original post by cazzy-joe
I dont understand why it is so highhhhhhh:mad:
It wasnt that easy...was it??

not it wasn't that easy but it was still not hard to warrant such a high grade boundary. I have a feeling they have changed/ are conspiring to give people low UMS this year. The C4 grade boundaries are EXACTLY THE SAME.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 553
High grade boundaries. :frown:
This and C4 are both ridiculously high. I found these 2 papers harder than M2 and tha grade boundary is 68/75 for 90 UMS!

We should start a facebook protest!
High grade boundaries. :frown:

I'll be lucky to get 90 in C4 as well
Reply 556
Original post by anshul95
I'll be lucky to get 90 in C4 as well

WTF no way, man. You were helping everyone on that C4 thread, how could you miss 90. :s-smilie:
96% for an A*, oh wow.. :eek:

Good luck everyone for tomorrow if you haven't got your results yet :smile:
WTF no way, man. You were helping everyone on that C4 thread, how could you miss 90. :s-smilie:

whilst that may be true with those grade boundaries they aren't testing you on how well you can do the questions but how many silly mistakes you make. Losing just 4 marks which is most cases 2 mistakes (usually 1 method and 1 accuracy each) will cost you 90. This why they should make exams a little harder otherwise things like this happen.
Reply 559
Original post by TSR-MATT
You don't need over 90 UMS in S2 for an A* in maths though right? Only above 90 UMS in C3 and c4. So why is there an A* mark?

For further maths students any A2 unit counts towards A* :shock:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending