The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
Original post by clarj018

What did you two get in GCSE/AS levels and LNAT? It makes you think negatively of them and feel like saying STUFF YOU! x

A* 7As 2Bs at GCSE, AABB at AS (hopefully AAAB come tomorrow), 20 LNAT. Wasn't too surprised at UCL and Kings rejections but ah well, everything happens for a reason I guess. Having looked into QMUL in more depth it actually seems like a great place for me, so if Warwick reject me it won't be the worst thing in the world as my mind is pretty much already made up :smile: an offer would be nice though :tongue:
Reply 3841
Starting to feel uneasy about Warwick, from what it seems they've given out their offers (or the majority of them). Everyone else is now waiting on whether those people firm/insure Warwick. Afterall, any rejections so far seem to have been people who weren't predicted their entry requirements. :frown:
Reply 3842
Original post by pick92
Woah. That is pretty impressive!
But no, UCL is AAA and Manchester AAB :smile:

Thought you were playing a risky game, but that is a very nice position to be in, AAB for Manchester is beautiful.
Reply 3843
Just heard back from KCL and got an unconditional offer!!! SO happy!

So far: rejection from UCl, conditional offer for Birmingham as long as I verify my IB grades!
Reply 3844
Original post by DM17
If I got 17 in the LNAT and wrote a terrible essay have I blown my chances at Bristol considering I have been rejected from Durham?

I think Bristol is pretty lenient with the LNAT. I got an offer with 18 and an AWFUL essay and I have a friend who got an offer with 16. So don't worry, you have your chances. I think it'll be up to your grades and personal statement (: Good luck!
Reply 3845
Original post by klam

So far: rejection from UCl, conditional offer for Birmingham as long as I verify my IB grades!

Congrats!

What was your predicted IB score and LNAT score?
Reply 3846
Original post by loxemori
I think Bristol is pretty lenient with the LNAT. I got an offer with 18 and an AWFUL essay and I have a friend who got an offer with 16. So don't worry, you have your chances. I think it'll be up to your grades and personal statement (: Good luck!

Thank you! Feel slightly better though my essay could not have been worse! When did you get your offer? Do you mind me asking what your grades/ predictions are like?
Reply 3847
anyone heard from warwick recently?

No, imagine they waited for LNAT results and firms or rejections following offers from LNAT Unis and are now waiting on module results. Guess there might be a few more offers in the next few weeks but I am expecting a rejection soon.
All the best to everyone still waiting.
Reply 3848
Original post by DM17
Thank you! Feel slightly better though my essay could not have been worse! When did you get your offer? Do you mind me asking what your grades/ predictions are like?

Hey,
I got 17 in LNAT and was rejected. Doesnt mean you will be though obviously, it takes everything into account. Good luck
Reply 3849
Original post by Howellsy
Starting to feel uneasy about Warwick, from what it seems they've given out their offers (or the majority of them). Everyone else is now waiting on whether those people firm/insure Warwick. Afterall, any rejections so far seem to have been people who weren't predicted their entry requirements. :frown:

I received a rejection from Warwick a couple of weeks ago. The rejection notification didn't tell the actual reason, but it certainly wasn't due to my grades. I was predicted 40 IB points when the requirement for Warwick was 36-38...
Reply 3850
Original post by Lis10
No, imagine they waited for LNAT results and firms or rejections following offers from LNAT Unis and are now waiting on module results. Guess there might be a few more offers in the next few weeks but I am expecting a rejection soon.
All the best to everyone still waiting.

Universities don't get your module grades, I think? I hope :tongue:
Original post by klam

Congrats! :biggrin: are you gonna accept it?
Reply 3852
Original post by DM17

I applied on the 11th of October and I got my offer on the 18th of November I think. I take IB, but I'm considered as a home student. So I don't have GCSEs, I have MYP grades, which don't really match up. And my predicted was 43/45.

Don't worry, I heard a rumour that they don't read the essays at Bristol (not sure how true this is, but it's plausible, considering I called up UCL and they told me I only got a 2/5 on my essay LOL). Okay well, they probably do read it, but I guess other factors are just as important, if not more important. The LNAT isn't the be-all and the end-all.

Don't know if that helps :s-smilie: But good luck and I hope to see you there next year (:
I applied on the 11th of October and I got my offer on the 18th of November I think. I take IB, but I'm considered as a home student. So I don't have GCSEs, I have MYP grades, which don't really match up. And my predicted was 43/45.

Don't worry, I heard a rumour that they don't read the essays at Bristol (not sure how true this is, but it's plausible, considering I called up UCL and they told me I only got a 2/5 on my essay LOL). Okay well, they probably do read it, but I guess other factors are just as important, if not more important. The LNAT isn't the be-all and the end-all.

Don't know if that helps :s-smilie: But good luck and I hope to see you there next year (:

Bristol told me that they mark the essay out of 20 and convert the MCQ to a mark out of 30, so mark the LNAT overall out of 50 which contributes to a total score for your PS, grades and the rest of your application that's out of 200 altogether.
Reply 3854
I got a conditional offer from lse, on the basis that I get a*aa. On my ucas it says that i am predicted the a* in politics, but based on my jan results I am more likely to get the a* in english, than politics. Does it matter which subject I get the a* in, because lse haven't specified?
Reply 3855
Congrats!

What was your predicted IB score and LNAT score?

Thank you! I am already in uni this year so I have my actual IB score. I had a score of 40 for IB, and 23 for the LNAT.

How are your choices going?
Reply 3856
Original post by Uneschka
Congrats! :biggrin: are you gonna accept it?

It's likely... although I'm still waiting to hear back from LSE.

TO EVERYONE:
I am an international student, in terms global recognition, which of the three (QMUL, KCL, LSE) do people think are the best and why??
Original post by klam
It's likely... although I'm still waiting to hear back from LSE.

TO EVERYONE:
I am an international student, in terms global recognition, which of the three (QMUL, KCL, LSE) do people think are the best and why??

LSE. Fact.
Reply 3858
Original post by kelly_98
I got a conditional offer from lse, on the basis that I get a*aa. On my ucas it says that i am predicted the a* in politics, but based on my jan results I am more likely to get the a* in english, than politics. Does it matter which subject I get the a* in, because lse haven't specified?

Hey Kelly, when did you hear back from LSE? Also, when did you send our application in?

Just want to gauge how my application is coming along. Thanks!
Reply 3859
Original post by TimmonaPortella
LSE. Fact.

Timmona, care to expand? I know people always say LSE yet looking at rankings of UK unis it appears other universities like KCL and UCL rank better than LSE. Why do you think that is?

Latest

Trending

Trending