The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by lemonade789
thanks, where else did you apply? :smile:

UCL, Nottingham and Durham. Got offers from all 3 of them but I am international though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2081
just got a letter from UCL saying they intend to make me an L101 offer.. has anyone else got this and been to the open day? does this mean i am definitely getting an offer?
hey guys, i now have an A at AS further maths (school made us take it in Jan). Do you think I should email LSE and Warwick to let them know? cheers xx

Did LSE and Warwick reject you?
Original post by angelic03
Did LSE and Warwick reject you?

no they're the only unis that haven't yet!
Reply 2084
Original post by oxygin
just got a letter from UCL saying they intend to make me an L101 offer.. has anyone else got this and been to the open day? does this mean i am definitely getting an offer?

Yes
Original post by LethalResistant
It's still early march, and yes, a lot of applicants last year got offers from warwick on the 31st of march, so i guess you'd have to wait slightly longer.

How do you know alot of applicants got an offer on the 31st... were there rejects aswell?
Original post by MissPrecious..x
How do you know alot of applicants got an offer on the 31st... were there rejects aswell?

There must have been. They haven't rejected nearly enough people if you go by the responses in this thread. They are taking their time though...
Reply 2087
Original post by oxygin

I got the same letter! I'm assuming its an offer, if i attend the open day. Right?
Reply 2088
Original post by Gilly123
Got the same letter today. Is there any lee way, in terms of the grade offer. Or will it definitely be A*AA?

After getting results today I would hope there is, but at the talk we had the professor said "if you don't meet the grades you don't get in", seeming pretty strict there :frown:
If I wanted to send a university my new grades, how would I do that? through the email?
MA (Hons) Economics with Management Science
Edinburgh University
AAB (B in GCE Maths)
:smile:
Reply 2091
It's just ive also got an Econ L101 offer from LSE. So i'd like to have it as an insurance. But if i tell them about LSE, will they not give me an offer?

Don't know. Why mention LSE in the first place? Also, how is it possible to have a firm and insurance with the same grade requirements :confused:
Reply 2092
That's why i want them to lower the grade. So i can have it as an insurance. Thats what i was trying to ask u in the first place. Whether you could negotiate a lower grade (i.e. like AAA)

Oh I see

You can always try but I don't see UCL offering a lower grade requirement
Original post by balloon92
MA (Hons) Economics with Management Science
Edinburgh University
AAB (B in GCE Maths)
:smile:

Nice one, what were your predictions and gcse grades if you dont mind me asking...?
Original post by Economomics
Nice one, what were your predictions and gcse grades if you dont mind me asking...?

Predicted: A*AAA Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
AS: AAAB Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
GCSE: 12A*s 1A

Good luck!
Reply 2095
just got an economics offer from warwick! :biggrin:
Reply 2096
Original post by jnt
just got an economics offer from warwick! :biggrin:

Well done! :smile: mind me asking what your GCSE's and A-level grades were like? Also, did you take further maths? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2097
Original post by tateco
Well done! :smile: mind me asking what your GCSE's and A-level grades were like? Also, did you take further maths? Thanks :smile:

i do the IB and am predicted 42 in that.. and no, i dont do further math, i was predicted a 6 in HL maths...
Reply 2098
LSE L101 offer :biggrin:
no they're the only unis that haven't yet!

lol, well good luck hearing from them! I called warwick up to tell them my results because I haven't heard from them either, but they already know!

Also, it might be worth emailing/calling the unis that have rejected you if your jan exams changed any of your grades...

Latest

Trending

Trending