The Student Room Group

Ocr f215: 27/1/11

Scroll to see replies

how do you revisw for biology i just read big heinemann book and then read cgp revision guide i dont do any past papers does anyone make notes because i find it hard making notes and just end up copying out the book lol
Hmm grade boundaries are pretty low, seems like loads of people struggled :/
60 for an A
54 for a B
48 for a C

So hopefully ill get my B/C!! Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Original post by mathsclown
60 for an A
54 for a B
48 for a C

It was harder than last year's. I just hope I did well enough to get the A* overall.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Summerdays
It was harder than last years. I just hope I did well enough to get he A* overall.

I thought I could get it but ive realised I cant now, unless I retake the first one as well, got 74/90 in that first time

hope its an A* for you mate :smile:
Reply 304
60 for an A
54 for a B
48 for a C

Wait what!? err 60 out of 150!? woah.. hmm I need 90% I think...
Does it say how much for an A*? I always get confused in terms of grade boundaries of individual exams :s

In last paper i had a D and I was about 56 marks short of an A ... :s I hope I get them

EDIT:s-smilie:o how many raw marks do I need to lose to get 136 UMS ? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ibysaiyan
Wait what!? err 60 out of 150!? woah.. hmm I need 90% I think...
Does it say how much for an A*? I always get confused in terms of grade boundaries of individual exams :s

In last paper i had a D and I was about 56 marks short of an A ... :s I hope I get them

EDIT:s-smilie:o how many raw marks do I need to lose to get 136 UMS ? :s-smilie:

Nooo its 60 raw marks out of 100 for an A, for 90% ums im guessing it'll be 66/100 and 100% ums will be 72/100
(edited 13 years ago)
Nooo its 60 raw marks out of 100 for an A, for 90% ums im guessing it'll be 66/100 and 100% ums will be 72/100

Exactly this.

clad in armour

I thought I could get it but ive realised I cant now, unless I retake the first one as well, got 74/90 in that first time

hope its an A* for you mate :smile:

I got 74/90 the first time as well :tongue: Just like you I needed to resit both F214 and F215 to get an A*. What did you get in F215 the first time around? I got 115/150 the first time around (I unfortunately only had one day to revise for F215 because I had nine exam that week :frown: )

Thank you very much. I hope you get the UMS that you were aiming for (preferably 150/150.)
Reply 307

Woah REALLY?! THAT'S AWESOME.... SO ALL I NEED IS LIKE 72 FOR 100 :P :eek:
Reply 308
Exactly this.

I got 74/90 the first time as well :tongue: Just like you I needed to resit both F214 and F215 to get an A*. What did you get in F215 the first time around? I got 115/150 the first time around (I unfortunately only had one day to revise for F215 because I had nine exam that week :frown: )

Thank you very much. I hope you get the UMS that you were aiming for (preferably 150/150.)

The first time I got like a D for f214 next time I scored 95% .
I GOT AN A LOOOL I dont know how the hell I did it!! SO happy!!!
I now have 81/90 in f214 (out of the five papers I did that's the only grade that I know so far.)
I need to get 135/150 in f215 to get an A, and 147/150 to get an A*. I just hope I did get at least 71/100 (in terms of raw marks.) :/
Woot I got my B overall :smile:
Original post by SwordStream
Woot I got my B overall :smile:

Same here so happy wasn't expecting it :biggrin: Going to cancel my F214 resit now lol

I now have 81/90 in f214 (out of the five papers I did that's the only grade that I know so far.)
I need to get 135/150 in f215 to get an A, and 147/150 to get an A*. I just hope I did get at least 71/100 (in terms of raw marks.) :/

That's great!! I'm sure you'll be able to get those marks :smile:

That's great!! I'm sure you'll be able to get those marks :smile:

Aww thanks :h:

I hope you got the grades/marks you wanted :smile:
Aww thanks :h:

I hope you got the grades/marks you wanted :smile:

so how did f215 go for you?
got 125, not exactly an A* but I dont know whether to leave it since the other subjects are in such a dire state
Reply 315
Original post by clad in armour
got 125, not exactly an A* but I dont know whether to leave it since the other subjects are in such a dire state

I got 118/150 I need 18 more for my A. Hmm I thinking whether to do f212 and f211 altogether or not ...

btw. congrats

For some odd reason I have never been lucky with f212! **** this module it all started with 56,80ish and the last one was 107 <_< Grrrr
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by clad in armour

Don't find out 'til either tomorrow or saturday :/
College refused to tell me over the phone.
I got 118/150 I need 18 more for my A. Hmm I thinking whether to do f212 and f211 altogether or not ...

btw. congrats

For some odd reason I have never been lucky with f212! **** this module it all started with 56,80ish and the last one was 107 <_< Grrrr

congrat ,cool, and if you dealt with this unit then imagine what those AS will be like
Don't find out 'til either tomorrow or saturday :/
College refused to tell me over the phone.

I can understand the phone thing, they have to be completely certain its you

btw. congrats

Same mark as me....I also hate this module- it cost me my place at university last year when I only needed 108. I found it really gutting that it is 72% for full UMS but we get 59% and end up with a B.
Original post by kbountra
Same mark as me....I also hate this module- it cost me my place at university last year when I only needed 108. I found it really gutting that it is 72% for full UMS but we get 59% and end up with a B.

The paper was hard. I was quite surprie when I heard people saying that it was 'easier than June's F215'. I was like :eek2: :eek3:

Just out of pure curiousity, how much did everybody revise for this? Did you guys do any past paper/specimen papers/F215 related Bio quetion etc.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending