The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.Adams VI
While posting all that nonsense, I see you missed the fact that they won 6 trophies in one season. :yy:

It should have only been 4 they basically cheated in the champions league final against Chelsea. 1 extra trophy then obviously that allowed them into the World Club championship.

I find this Barcelona worship very funny. The pundits label them the best team ever and people follow their every word.
Original post by GlennyBoy
Messi has poor performances in Europe? The idiocy in some people is unbelievable.

Please name me a better player in the world right now? Im interested in hearing who you think is the best...

Messi in the world cup = rubbish

Messi in the champions league especially away from home = rubbish

Granted he is good. But is he the best player to have ever lived. No.
Original post by marcusmerehay
And just remind me how 'prolific' Cristiano Ronaldo was at the World Cup?

And just how well did the English-based players perform in that same competition?

He was crap and so were the english...

your point is?
Original post by Darth Maul
Wow that is really intelligent isn't it? Insult the person when all logical argument fails.

You need to take it easy on this Barcelona fan boy persona. Glory boy or what. I've bet you've never even been to a football game never mind a Barcelona game.

Also you seem to be attached to the media a lot. Whatever they say is true for you and you don't even consider it after that.

Your not worth talking to mate... ignore list it is.

And what exactly is your logical argument? All you've done is slag Barcelona off, yet not said anything about the fact they've won the CL 2 times in the last 5 years.

Not a Barcelona fan boy, just sick of people over-rating the PL and under-rating every other league. And I've been to plenty of games thanks.

I've not said a word about the media.

And you run away because you have no argument to come back with. Even if you don't read this then I don't really care.

Also, I'd advise everyone else to ignore this guy. He's clearly just a bona-fide moron tbh.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by CB91
blah blah blah I love barcelona.......... blah ....blah blah

Wow.

I guess I touched a nerve there mate.
Wow.

I guess I touched a nerve there mate.

Once again, you don't again counter my points, you just ignore them and try to insult me. :rolleyes:
only in arsenal soc
Original post by CB91
And what exactly is your logical argument? All you've done is slag Barcelona off, yet not said anything about the fact they've won the CL 2 times in the last 5 years.

Not a Barcelona fan boy, just sick of people over-rating the PL and under-rating every other league. And I've been to plenty of games thanks.

I've not said a word about the media.

And you run away because you have no argument to come back with. Even if you don't read this then I don't really care.

Also, I'd advise everyone else to ignore this guy. He's clearly just a bona-fide moron tbh.

You shouldn't have bothered yourself tbh. Fools like him don't deserve the time nor effort.

On thrs issue of squad players I agree with T Adams, we need to buy better squad players or at least give more of the youth a chance. I personally think Landsbury should be in our squad next year a long with JET.
Original post by Complex Simplicity
You shouldn't have bothered yourself tbh. Fools like him don't deserve the time nor effort.

On thrs issue of squad players I agree with T Adams, we need to buy better squad players or at least give more of the youth a chance. I personally think Landsbury should be in our squad next year a long with JET.

He hasn't actually come back with anything of note yet, so it's more of a case of him making himself look like a fool. :dontknow:
He was crap and so were the english...

your point is?

My point is that your point is completely invalid about his WC performance - he and Ronaldo are almost unanimously regarded as the two best players in world football right now.
Reply 6490
Some Rangers fans I know think McGregor was dropped tonight because he's going to Arsenal on an emergency loan deal. This is 99% likely to be bull, but thought I'd share anyway.
Houllier wants McGregor too, possibly told Wenger to bring him in so he can scout him at close quarters :holmes:

I wish :colonhash:
Reply 6492
So Cesc is out of Man U game and "maybe" the game after that.
Messi in the world cup = rubbish

Messi in the champions league especially away from home = rubbish

Granted he is good. But is he the best player to have ever lived. No.

Sorry but did you watch Messi during the world cup? Just because he did not score doesn't mean he was "rubbish".

He played an instrumental role in many of Argentina's finer goals, and showed us his sparkle time and time again.

Again, how has be been rubbish away from home? Making runs, creating space and setting up many goals, as well as scoring some...

Course he isn't the best who ever lived, he is only 23 but when he reaches his peak he probably will be.
Reply 6494
Original post by GlennyBoy
Sorry but did you watch Messi during the world cup? Just because he did not score doesn't mean he was "rubbish".

He played an instrumental role in many of Argentina's finer goals, and showed us his sparkle time and time again.

Again, how has be been rubbish away from home? Making runs, creating space and setting up many goals, as well as scoring some...

Course he isn't the best who ever lived, he is only 23 but when he reaches his peak he probably will be.

:afraid:
Original post by R-KAM
Some Rangers fans I know think McGregor was dropped tonight because he's going to Arsenal on an emergency loan deal. This is 99% likely to be bull, but thought I'd share anyway.

Hes not the worst goalkeeper in the world by any stretch of the imagination. If he does come I could see him realistically challenging Al for the number 1 jersey though.

Very plausible rumour methinks :shakehand:
Reply 6496
Good luck for Saturday, hope you thrash the Mancs.
Original post by Ano1
So Cesc is out of Man U game and "maybe" the game after that.

He would have probably not played if he was fit in the FA cup and having him semi-fit is not exactly going to be great.

I hope Ramsay gets his chance..
Reply 6498
Original post by In2deep

I hope Ramsey gets his chance..

:ditto:
Reply 6499
JK.
OP
Looks like 6 weeks for Szcz, better than the rest of the season but still a massive blow. Apparently we are going for an emergency loan. :sigh:

On a brighter note, for us at least, Nani is confirmed as being out for the weekend.

Latest