The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
Haha, i got interviewed in december so they should get back to me early right?

How did you work that out?! :lol:

gave myself 0.5 as I felt like it! hehe... Let's hope so. I only got interview last month so maybe I'll be later...boo!
Reply 1441
Original post by sweetchilli
try and chill over the weekend...keep busy doing other stuff and mon will be here in no time...

working 30/72 hours, out for 6, sleeping for 18-24, which leaves 12-18 to worry :tongue:

actually that's still quite a lot
Reply 1442
Original post by dmz
:lol: same here, but hearing good news means you wouldn't have to, I was messing about with a sphygmomanometer at work last week and my blood pressure was really high, i eat crap but i've never had problem with my health cos of my metabolism :frown:

:afraid: get on a diet demi! haha only joking. mine if anything would be slightly low. but i took mine in work a couple of weeks ago and it was normal :cool:
Original post by cuhlowey
got two 12 hour shifts so don't worry i'll be busy! :biggrin:

thanks for your updates through this thread btw i've noticed your name quite a few times! :smile:

I like sharing news but please don't shoot the messenger if it turns out to be pants! :wink:
Reply 1444
Original post by dmz
working 30/72 hours, out for 6, sleeping for 18-24, which leaves 12-18 to worry :tongue:

actually that's still quite a lot

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

haha i liked that post, im pretty similar!

go us! *high 5*
Reply 1445
gave myself 0.5 as I felt like it! hehe... Let's hope so. I only got interview last month so maybe I'll be later...boo!

Haha, can't contradict that reasoning :teehee:...:console: I had allocepia for a few weeks from stress, if i have to wait any longer i'll end up homicidal/ Glasgow's my last hope :frown:
A user on NMM has just withdrawn from Glasgow as got 1st choice offer from Imperial and their email from Glasgow said offers are going to start coming out on Monday 14th! Let's hope that's right!

Omg, omg, omg, omg! Thank you so much for this information! +1 rep!

Not sure if I'd have survived till the end of the month, though this weekend too will be incredibly long... DX
I'll be running about like an eejit after my 2 year old and trying to get some time to start writing up my thesis...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
Haha, can't contradict that reasoning :teehee:...:console: I had allocepia for a few weeks from stress, if i have to wait any longer i'll end up homicidal/ Glasgow's my last hope :frown:

mine too... everything is crossed here for all of us! :wink:
Reply 1449
:afraid: get on a diet demi! haha only joking. mine if anything would be slightly low. but i took mine in work a couple of weeks ago and it was normal :cool:

Haha, about go on a diet, I'm not even 11 stones :frown:, I'm pretty athletic so never had issue with weight, it's all stress (not usually the type to get stressed) :frown:
I like sharing news but please don't shoot the messenger if it turns out to be pants! :wink:

I'm promising nothing :hmmm:
Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

haha i liked that post, im pretty similar!

go us! *high 5*

Dammit!

:five: best be rich by uni! think i've made nearly 400 this week :biggrin: yay me!
Reply 1450
mine too... everything is crossed here for all of us! :wink:

That didn't put any image into my dirty mind :rolleyes:

:crossedf: 350 is a big number
I'm guessing I'll hear later than you lot (or sooner if they decide to reject me... again). I don't think I can cope being rejected TWICE by the same Uni in a cycle! Argh!

I took great joy packing all my interview stuff up yesterday... NO MORE INTERVIEW STRESS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by dmz

I'm promising nothing :hmmm:

EEK!

Night peeps! Getting some shut-eye and brings Monday a little bit closer! :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1453
Original post by Harbour Seal
I'm guessing I'll hear later than you lot (or sooner if they decide to reject me... again). I don't think I can cope being rejected TWICE by the same Uni in a cycle! Argh!

I took great joy packing all my interview stuff up yesterday... NO MORE INTERVIEW STRESS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wow, sounds like you got up to some serious planning, if everyone was like this i am most certainly ****ed

Night peeps! Getting some shut-eye and brings Monday a little bit closer! :wink:

Night! Wonder if i can induce a coma on myself for a few days
Reply 1454
Original post by dmz
Haha, about go on a diet, I'm not even 11 stones :frown:, I'm pretty athletic so never had issue with weight, it's all stress (not usually the type to get stressed) :frown:

Dammit!

:five: best be rich by uni! think i've made nearly 400 this week :biggrin: yay me!

aye i'm makin a wee bit under that :sigh:

i think my diet's got worse since startin in the home. nobody eats healthily there lol i've started an addiction of fanta orange :K:

and they all smoke. i went out with them on their smoke break there toward the end of my shift cuz we were all wrecked not havin had a break,and it was an excuse for me to go out. but i don't smoke :angel: tried it before but ugh not for me!
Reply 1455
aye i'm makin a wee bit under that :sigh:

i think my diet's got worse since startin in the home. nobody eats healthily there lol i've started an addiction of fanta orange :K:

and they all smoke. i went out with them on their smoke break there toward the end of my shift cuz we were all wrecked not havin had a break,and it was an excuse for me to go out. but i don't smoke :angel: tried it before but ugh not for me!

Making quite a bit less than that, plus you do that every week

I'm pretty oblivious to all things diety, love food, and I LOVE FANTA ORANGE!! :biggrin:

I can't stand the smell, i wouldn't even consider going out with someone who smoked till i got in college (a lot of them were hot so uno :tongue:), i just make a lot of toasts at work and sit in the dining room or call a friend
Original post by dmz
wow, sounds like you got up to some serious planning, if everyone was like this i am most certainly ****ed

Night! Wonder if i can induce a coma on myself for a few days

I don't imagine everyone had "interview stuff". For me it was just a word document with interview prep I sent to my iPod Touch to read and practice on the go.

Oh, and my suit I guess.

Out of curiousity Harbour, what does your "interview stuff" entail?
Reply 1457
Original post by dmz
Making quite a bit less than that, plus you do that every week

I'm pretty oblivious to all things diety, love food, and I LOVE FANTA ORANGE!! :biggrin:

I can't stand the smell, i wouldn't even consider going out with someone who smoked till i got in college (a lot of them were hot so uno :tongue:), i just make a lot of toasts at work and sit in the dining room or call a friend

there's something about the smell i like at times but most the time BOKE no thanks. but earlier it was like hmmm i wouldn't mind. but i didn't :biggrin:

fanta orange is definitely my addiction. <3
Reply 1458
Original post by Lost Time
I don't imagine everyone had &quot;interview stuff&quot;. For me it was just a word document with interview prep I sent to my iPod Touch to read and practice on the go.

Oh, and my suit I guess.

Out of curiousity Harbour, what does your &quot;interview stuff&quot; entail?

erm, i read quite a fair amount in the interview book, researched about research glasgow uni was involved (ended up talking about those), developed an opnion on ethical stuff and had bbc news as home page (last two turned out pointless)

I had a suit too :biggrin:

there's something about the smell i like at times but most the time BOKE no thanks. but earlier it was like hmmm i wouldn't mind. but i didn't :biggrin:

fanta orange is definitely my addiction. &lt;3

Haha, i'm more open to weed than tobacco, but knowing how little i'm disciplined and how easily i get hooked on things i wouldn't try it

haha, i love a lot of things that you can eat :biggrin:, not a fan of cooking because i eat half the recipe before i finish making the food :lol: and not motivated to cook when i'm hungry
Original post by Lost Time
I don't imagine everyone had "interview stuff". For me it was just a word document with interview prep I sent to my iPod Touch to read and practice on the go.

Oh, and my suit I guess.

Out of curiousity Harbour, what does your "interview stuff" entail?

HEY LEAVE US SMOKERS ALONE. :wink:

I bought a lot of books surrounding the medical school application process and interviews, plus loads of notes on the Glasgow one in particular... I also wrote up a list of things they like to hear and what it is they're looking for. Things like course details and prospectus clippings. My personal statement and things I edited from it so it would fit into the limit. Also bought the Very Short Introduction to Ethics so I could have a gander at how medics theorise things when it comes to IVF, organ donation etc and was given very helpful pointers in that respect.

I also read stuff outside of that to research my career: Trust me, I'm a junior doctor, the man who thought his wife was a hat, which are both personal memoirs, as well as the spirit level and bad science by ben goldacre, which outline healthcare in a wider context (things like poverty and misinformation). I also did a few interviews with doctors/med students and jotted a good few notes and printed off e-mails from them.

My careers advisor lent me two books, one of which I already had the updated version of, and emailed me a list of questions they tend to ask.

I can't not study for an interview. I do tend to go overboard :smile:

IT'S ALL PACKED AWAY NOW. Apart from the outside books :smile: I'm a reader, can you tell...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending