The second word has to be an animal :fuhrer:

But onomatopoeia sounds like an animal. :p:

Original post by Dez
But onomatopoeia sounds like an animal. :p:

:eviltongue:
Original post by secretmessages
Ubuntu 11.10 will be called Oneiric Ocelot :moon:

Oooking Orangutan
Every time you log on it grunts and ooks in a pleased way, if you get any passwords wrong (logon or root) it screeches.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Chrosson
Oooking Orangutan
Every time you log on it grunts and ooks in a pleased way, if you get any passwords wrong (logon or root) it screeches.

:rofl:

Oooking Orangutan

:lol:

----

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12679342 *slow clap*
Pointers :angry:
Reply 8808
Pointers :angry:

http://www.somethingofthatilk.com/index.php?id=2 :biggrin:

Thought I might try and cheer you up!!
Original post by Tathrim

Original post by Tathrim
http://www.somethingofthatilk.com/index.php?id=2 :biggrin:

Thought I might try and cheer you up!!

:teehee:

Srsly though, who's idea was it to omit strings from C? and being a complete n00b I'm struggling to convert pointers into multi-dimensional character arrays and I don't even know what this means :bricks:
Reply 8810
:teehee:

Srsly though, who's idea was it to omit strings from C? and being a complete n00b I'm struggling to convert pointers into multi-dimensional character arrays and I don't even know what this means :bricks:

C has strings. A string in C is defined as a null-terminated char array. There are loads of string functions, which usually take a pointer to the start of the string and interpret the null character as the end of a string.

String literals are enclosed in double quotes and the null character in this situation is implicit. i.e, these are equivalent:

char str[10] = "Hello.";

char str[10] = {'H', 'e', 'l', 'l', 'o', '.', '\0'};
Original post by Planto

Original post by Planto
C has strings. A string in C is defined as a null-terminated char array. There are loads of string functions, which usually take a pointer to the start of the string and interpret the null character as the end of a string.

String literals are enclosed in double quotes and the null character in this situation is implicit. i.e, these are equivalent:

char str[10] = "Hello.";

char str[10] = {'H', 'e', 'l', 'l', 'o', '.', '\0'};

char arrays are a poor replacement for proper strings :haughty:

I needed to copy a string that was actually a pointer (???) into an array of strings (i.e. an array of arrays of chars) in a loop. But for some reason whatever I tried, I couldn't copy the entire string into a char array, so instead I've done something really long-winded and constructed a loop that copies each character of the string into the char array one by one :s-smilie: It's not ideal but it works and the state of my code doesn't matter, so I'm happy :biggrin:
Reply 8812
char arrays are a poor replacement for proper strings :haughty:

Sure, if you like ungainly objects packed with redundant information :tongue:
Seen who's back? :eek:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Seen who's back? :eek:

well spotted!

I'm sat here trying to do compilers c/w and have already lost the will to live.
IE9 released. Is a massive step from ie7/8.
Admittedly playing catchup with chrome but hot damn, it plays catchup well. I might even open it occasionally now.
Reply 8816
IE9 released. Is a massive step from ie7/8.
Admittedly playing catchup with chrome but hot damn, it plays catchup well. I might even open it occasionally now.

Agreed, though I'm mostly using the Chrome Canary build or the FF4 RC. if they fail, I sue Chrome Stable, then IE9, simply because of extensions support/tab management in IE9 is not as good as the other two.

I also use Opera 11 occasionally, because it's generally more compliant to standards than others. (I build websites for Opera or Chrome, then break them to make them render as I want with the other browsers).

I do like the FF4 RC though, Tab Candy/Panorama is really useful if you've a machine powerful enough, and it's got the smallest toolbar space if set to small icons when maximised (without the bookmarks toolbar, which I bring up temporarily if I need access to it).
:moon:

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:moon:

Just stole it, and put it on my face.... book. :p:

:awesome:
has anyone used godaddy before?

i'm looking at getting some hosting and they are almost 1/2 the price of the equivalent 1&1 package with whom my domain & email are currently with

Latest

Trending

Trending