The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by klam
Timmona, care to expand? I know people always say LSE yet looking at rankings of UK unis it appears other universities like KCL and UCL rank better than LSE. Why do you think that is?

To be honest, I've zero evidence. Conventional TSR wisdom dictates that the LSE is globally very well known and respected; KCL and QMUL less so. League tables are nothing to go by; the Guardian's league table places Stirling above Durham for law :giggle:
Reply 3861
Original post by klam
Thank you! I am already in uni this year so I have my actual IB score. I had a score of 40 for IB, and 23 for the LNAT.

How are your choices going?

Nice (: Well they're okay, my LNAT was awful x] So I got rejected from all my LNAT unis except Bristol (love them) even though I had a predicted 43 ):
Reply 3862
Original post by kelly_98
I got a conditional offer from lse, on the basis that I get a*aa. On my ucas it says that i am predicted the a* in politics, but based on my jan results I am more likely to get the a* in english, than politics. Does it matter which subject I get the a* in, because lse haven't specified?

If they haven't specified then the subject is not important provided it is not General Studies or another subject LSE don't consider in their offers. I am sure you will be fine with English!
Congratulations on your offer.
Reply 3863
Original post by viola146
Universities don't get your module grades, I think? I hope :tongue:

No, sorry I am sure they don't. I just meant more people may be in a position to firm, reserve or reject Warwick so they will know how many places they have left.
Reply 3864
how long since someone has heard from Bristol/? getting a bit worried
Any sign of any offers from Warwick?
I've heard back from everywhere apart from there!
Original post by Lacrimosa

I got a conditional offer from lse, on the basis that I get a*aa. On my ucas it says that i am predicted the a* in politics, but based on my jan results I am more likely to get the a* in english, than politics. Does it matter which subject I get the a* in, because lse haven't specified?

Unless they've specified in your offer, any subject should be fine. Out of interest, do you study Literature or Language?
Reply 3867
i got one at 6 47 this evening :smile: AAA and i got a rubbish LNAT... 15!! ha its a complete lottery... got rejected by oxford and notts, but now got bristol, exeter and leeds... so extremely chuffed. good luck though :smile:
Reply 3868
that message was meant for lawapp
Reply 3869
Original post by Adelaide123
Any sign of any offers from Warwick?
I've heard back from everywhere apart from there!

noooo a friend and i are still waiting :/ it looks like they're just picking applications out of a hat or something !
Original post by bobfreymoo1811
Just Reading and SOAS! AAB and AAA. :s-smilie:

Wow, unconditional for Cambridge? I'm guessing you're no dumbass then hahaha. Which college? And what have you been up to during your gap year so far? :smile:

OOOO Reading - not too far from me. I met one of the professors from there, he came into the Law Society I ran at College to speak to us. He was excellent! I was very impressed with Reading I must say. Don't know much about SOAS but again they have a great reputation for Law. Well done!! :biggrin: How did results go today?

hahah I try my best. Interview there has to be one of the weirdest experiences I have had. I think I am lucky in many ways. I'm still not sure they've made the right decision letting me in! I am working at the moment, saving and will be going to Indonesia and Sri Lanka in the summer. At the beginning of my year Sept-Dec I worked in court, went to the Labour Party Conference and obviously had to pop my applications in for University.

Which would you like to go to most - Reading or Soas?

X
Anyone had any offers from the Libyan School of Economics?
Reply 3872
Original post by klam
It's likely... although I'm still waiting to hear back from LSE.

TO EVERYONE:
I am an international student, in terms global recognition, which of the three (QMUL, KCL, LSE) do people think are the best and why??

LSE and KCL. I know LSE is globally well known but most of the people whom I spoke to have a perception that KCL and Oxbridge is the best for Law. Seems weird that when people that I have spoken to heard LSE and assumes its famous for Accounting and Finance only.
Original post by yilyn
LSE and KCL. I know LSE is globally well known but most of the people whom I spoke to have a perception that KCL and Oxbridge is the best for Law. Seems weird that when people that I have spoken to heard LSE and assumes its famous for Accounting and Finance only.

Ridiculous KCL trolling
Reply 3874
Original post by adam0311
Ridiculous KCL trolling

It is what PEOPLE I SPOKE to SAID. I would prefer LSE over KCL if both gives me an offer.
Reply 3875
Original post by loxemori
I applied on the 11th of October and I got my offer on the 18th of November I think. I take IB, but I'm considered as a home student. So I don't have GCSEs, I have MYP grades, which don't really match up. And my predicted was 43/45.

Don't worry, I heard a rumour that they don't read the essays at Bristol (not sure how true this is, but it's plausible, considering I called up UCL and they told me I only got a 2/5 on my essay LOL). Okay well, they probably do read it, but I guess other factors are just as important, if not more important. The LNAT isn't the be-all and the end-all.

Don't know if that helps :s-smilie: But good luck and I hope to see you there next year (:

Got an offer from Bristol last night! Clearly the LNAT doesn't stand for much with them, thankfully!
Reply 3876
Warwick or Birmingham guys?
I know Warwick is higher in the league tables but its not got the same experience as Birmingham does it. Help?
Original post by klam
Just heard back from KCL and got an unconditional offer!!! SO happy!

So far: rejection from UCl, conditional offer for Birmingham as long as I verify my IB grades!

congrats! :biggrin: what did you get in your lnat and what are your grades/predicted grades? are you an international student as well? thaaanks x
QMUL or Notts?? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Trying to decide between Warwick and Exeter now. :smile:

Warwick is with the year abroad in English.
Exeter has the option to apply for that after 1st year.

Personally i'm not 100% sure on year abroad still. :eek:

Visited Exeter and felt i'd fit in there most, but;

I know Warwick has better reputation.

Would you say there's much difference between the two say if I achieved a 2:1 at both? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending