The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
WOahh ..edexcel is totally messed up.They got low grade boundaries for easy exams and s2= 69 for an A ? really edexcel ? :/
Reply 561
whats wrong with edexcel??! All my year felt S2 was an easy paper, while the results were around 70% for everyone.
I felt like I done excellent and got only 90 UMS. what are the grade boundaries for this paper?
and what are the chances of a higher UMS if sent for remark? I definetely feel like the marking was waaay too strict
Reply 562
I got a 74/100 UMS on this paper, some people even managed to get As or A*s in my class. But they were still so pissed off about the ****ing A grade! Stupid! I could have got an A if it wasn't for edexcel.
I dn't know what's with those high grade boundaries i got just got 56 in S2...C 4 boundaries are shockingly high. Why were the A2 Maths grade boundaries so high.
(edited 13 years ago)
Is there any explaination for these edexcel grade boundaries...
Reply 565
what is c3 out of??
Wow C3 screwed me up haha:frown: hard paper yet high boundaries.
Reply 567
Got 100 on this paper and am genuinely shocked! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I have an A in both C 3 and C4 although I consider resitting them for an A* but in S2 I have got a D (56 UMS) should I resit S2 as well or will only my C3 and C4 marks be taken into account for A* please advise I will resit both C3 and C4...should I then resit S2 HELP !!!!!!!!!
Original post by Geniusmiss
I have an A in both C 3 and C4 although I consider resitting them for an A* but in S2 I have got a D (56 UMS) should I resit S2 as well or will only my C3 and C4 marks be taken into account for A* please advise I will resit both C3 and C4...should I then resit S2 HELP !!!!!!!!!

To get an A* you need 180 UMS in total from C3 and C4. BUT you also need an A overall. If you have an A overall with that S2 grade then just retake C3 and/or C4. Otherwise you will need to retake S2 as well.
Thanks Anshul, My marks in C1 98, C2 95, S1 79. so all this with C3, C4 and S2 sum upto an overall A but my marks in A2 papers does not add upto 240. I am confused I will resit C3 and C 4 but m nervous that will my S2 (56) D will look awful on my resume for admission.
(edited 13 years ago)
I was shocked when i got my s2 results.... My lowest mark on other maths exams was 97 before this and i had 100s in most of the others but i got 83 in s2. I have no idea where i lost all the marks.... Im thinking of asking edexcel to send me my marked paper to look at it, it just doesnt sound right for some reason...
Reply 572
Original post by vicky_maths
I was shocked when i got my s2 results.... My lowest mark on other maths exams was 97 before this and i had 100s in most of the others but i got 83 in s2. I have no idea where i lost all the marks.... Im thinking of asking edexcel to send me my marked paper to look at it, it just doesnt sound right for some reason...

You have got 70/75 raw marks just like me, so you've lost 5 marks. It's upto you now whether you want to get a re-mark for those 5 marks.
Reply 573
Original post by vicky_maths

If you are thinking why this could be is that the grade boundries are very high (69 for an A). So all in all, you haven't done too bad.
Original post by jit987
You have got 70/75 raw marks just like me, so you've lost 5 marks. It's upto you now whether you want to get a re-mark for those 5 marks.

I got 83 as well, and I couldn't understand it but I do now.
You got 70/75( actually), and that's a very good score:cool:.
BTW is it even possible to request marked papers?
(edited 13 years ago)
yeah you can ask for your paper, you need to pay a fee though. i have no idea what the fee is but i dont think its going to be too high.
http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/examzone/didnt-get-grades/Pages/alevel.aspx
how can the grade boundaries be this high? well i do feel better now, i dont think its worth to ask for a re-mark if the boundaries are this high....:s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending