The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've heard rumours that McGregor was left out of the Rangers line-up last night because we're taking him on an emergency loan - can't remember if that was in here or not, but still. :colondollar:

Certainly worse keepers we could go for.
Reply 6501
JK.
OP
It was Ross and he reckoned there was a 99% chance it was *******s.
Anyone noticed how quickly barcelona closed us down, if we want to play like them, we need to be able to put pressure on teams constantly when we lose the ball...
Reply 6503
Original post by JK.
On a brighter note, for us at least, Nani is confirmed as being out for the weekend.

Valencia and Ferdinand will also won't make their comback tomorrow.

Original post by anillatoo
Anyone noticed how quickly barcelona closed us down, if we want to play like them, we need to be able to put pressure on teams constantly when we lose the ball...

Don't understand why Wenger doesn't instruct them to do this also. Especially, at home where we are usually dominant in possession and pressuring them when we haven't got the ball, can make us hard to beat at home.
Cesc is a penis. Played his cup-final and now he'll sit on his arse for the remainder of the season. Actually, that's unfair. He might play 60 mins against Blackpool and convert a couple of penalties. Hope we can get a draw at old trafford; our chances of getting the win are higher if we play at our place.
Reply 6505
A draw would be an extra game and I'm don't think Wenger would welcome that.
What score are you going to get beat tomorrow, ladies?
Original post by jit987
A draw would be an extra game and I'm don't think Wenger would welcome that.

Alas, it would be an extra game for United too.
Whilst it's nice an easy to say, why don't we chase them down more? The simple answer because it's actually bloody hard. It requires massive self-blief because if you're chasing down you're leaving everything behind you out of your hands, which is quite scary.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6509
Original post by marcusmerehay
^ Seriously, you are a disgrace to all those who support Arsenal.

Who the **** would replace (and do better than) Wenger given the resources at his disposal and the challenge set.

If you can't have any faith in the team you don't deserve to be called a fan, simple as.

When the team has consistently failed to deliver and the root of the problem has never been addressed how can you honestly have any faith in the management?
If Wenger was a salesman and failed to reach his targets every year then he would expect to be out of a job, why is it any different here? Every season he says the team will do it and if they are knocked out of the FA Cup on Saturday it will be another step closer to 6 years without a trophy. I think Arsenal fans are more worried about what will happen to your club if he leaves it is as if he is bigger than the club.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MoMatrix
When the team has consistently failed to deliver and the root of the problem has never been addressed how can you honestly have any faith in the management?
If Wenger was a salesman and failed to reach his targets every year then he would expect to be out of a job, why is it any different here? Every season he says the team will do it and if they are knocked out of the FA Cup on Saturday it will be another step closer to 6 years without a trophy. I think Arsenal fans are more worried about what will happen to your club if he leaves it is as if he is bigger than the club.

It's not all about winning. Yes I said it. (and I'll say it a million times if I have to).

We've just released our earnings.

If you were wise, you'd probably be able to make inferences from it.
Original post by T.Adams VI
It's not all about winning. Yes I said it. (and I'll say it a million times if I have to).

I agree. We're in an enviable position. Financially strong (without cheap shallow money from outside), 2nd in the league, one of few clubs to continually qualify for the CL and reach the knockout stages with a brand new awesome stadium. And we've almost broken even over 10 years transfer spending. Around 16th highest spender in the Permierleague (based on net)
Yeah it's not all about winning. It's part of Arsene's 100-year plan.
Original post by Mastermind`

Some people will never get it.

The more you post, the more you highlight your deficiencies.

Sometimes I don't know if your joking or not.
(edited 13 years ago)

I'm not joking.
Reply 6515

We've just released our earnings.

If you were wise, you'd probably be able to make inferences from it.

Yes it is, this is a massive football club. What is the point of the earnings if they do not go on bringing good ready made players to the club.To be honest Mourinho is 100% correct about Wenger he doesn't have a winning mentality.

Now you gooners if Wenger doesn't win anything should he be sacked or not?
Reply 6516

Why would he be joking it is a perfectly valid statement Birmingham and Portsmouth have won more trophies in the last five years.
Original post by MoMatrix
Yes it is, this is a massive football club. What is the point of the earnings if they do not go on bringing good ready made players to the club.

Have you even read what our last earnings report said?
Original post by Mastermind`

Wenger is worse than Stalin for long term plans.
Original post by Colonel.
Wenger is worse than Stalin for long term plans.

Yeah but Stalin's plans resulted in the implosion of an entire country, AFC isn't going to financially implode any time soon.

Latest