The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheebs1201
Just send a polite email and ask :smile: Well done on the Cambridge offer!

Thank you:smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I hate to say it but the Bristol rejection email was rather nice!
Original post by maddielou_

No fair, I only got a Track update! :tongue:
Reply 1603
Original post by maddielou_

what lines did it run along?
Original post by purplestarfish
hey everyone, i have a bristol maths offer but am slightly confused!

so basically one of the 'alternative offers' is AAB with STEP grade 2.

i want to be entered for step, but im not sure which paper im meant to be doing (stepI, stepII or stepIII)

if anyone could point me in the right direction i would massively appreciate it!!

thank youuu

Ring up and ask :smile: If you don't do further maths then it's most probably STEP 1 & 2 but I would ring them up or at least e-mail just in case anyway.
Track was updated today, on the same day a copy of my offer letter arrived :smile:

They want A*AA including Mathematics, or AAA including Mathematics and Further Maths. Exactly what I expected the offer would be, and I'm on the right track to get an A* for Maths, so I should be okay. :biggrin:
Offers are high for maths this year! Mine was AAB with an A in maths, computing and a B in FM last year. Still missed it. Glad, overall :tongue:
Original post by grodecki
Offers are high for maths this year! Mine was AAB with an A in maths, computing and a B in FM last year. Still missed it. Glad, overall :tongue:

It might be because I'm one of the 'late' ones. I was put into a 'shortlist' where they had to make 'some difficult decisions between very good candidates'. So they want to make sure I really deserve my place. I'm guessing other people who'd been in the shortlist will also get high offers. Anyhoo, I'm quite confident about getting an A* in Maths, and if FP2 treats me well, an A in FM.

Also, increased number of applicants, competition... all that, maybe.
Reply 1608
Any news from chemistry?
Original post by nikita_atikin

Original post by nikita_atikin
Ring up and ask :smile: If you don't do further maths then it's most probably STEP 1 & 2 but I would ring them up or at least e-mail just in case anyway.

thank you! people on tsr are so helpful! :smile:
Has anyone heard for English? :frown:
Original post by kolokov
what lines did it run along?

The Admissions tutors have now considered your application to read English, and I regret to inform you that they have decided not to offer you a place. This decision will be sent to UCAS shortly, and will be available when you log into UCAS Track. I am sorry to give you disappointing news and I hope that this letter will go some way to explaining the issues facing those members of staff who make the decisions for the English course. The most significant factor is the strength of competition for places on the English programme. English is a relatively small department with a small intake, receiving over 1300 applications for only 72 places. The majority of English applicants have excellent qualifications at GCSE and A level which leads to very fine distinctions being made between applicants who demonstrate potential. The academic staff and the Admissions Team have to make very difficult choices in trying to select academically strong students whose personal statements indicate that they would be best suited to our English programme. The overall aim of the selection process is to assess each applicant's ability, potential and motivation to succeed at Bristol. If you wish to find out more about admissions procedures at Bristol, you will find the Admissions Principles and Procedures at: www.bris.ac.uk/university/governance/policies/admissions-policy.html. More detailed information about application to English courses at Bristol can be found on the Department's website: www.bristol.ac.uk/english/undergraduate/prospective/. I am sorry to disappoint you, and wish you every success with your other applications. best wishes Arts Admissions Team
Original post by KingMessi
Has anyone heard for English? :frown:

Nope :frown:
Reply 1614

just went and "liked" it x] is bristol your firm?
Original post by loxemori
just went and "liked" it x] is bristol your firm?

Sure is :tongue:

Liked :biggrin: (90% chance to be my firm)
Original post by Phil1541
Liked :biggrin: (90% chance to be my firm)

Haha so where's the other 10%? :tongue:

looks like a club promotion company running that page to me, i doubt it is any way related to the university.
The freshers group is usually set up by the union each year.
Original post by Pheebs1201
Haha so where's the other 10%? :tongue:

Exeter but there offer is AAA.

Bristol are hopefully giving me AAB (What they said on the open day) and there Physics department is stronger than Exeters so unless I find some reason to really dislike Bristol I will probably firm once there offer comes through :smile:

I have no idea what to choose for accommodation though :tongue: there's so much choice !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending