The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone use automatic brightness?

Anyone got CM6/7 - how do you find it? I had CM6 for my Legend but the AB wasn't the same as in the stock ROM. :holmes:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Try downloading GPS Status & Toolbox. See if you're getting a GPS fix.

Thanks but I did installed the app and it did give me status of connected satellites but didnt give any Lat/Long values... But i'll try again later on a clear day may be..
I'm tethering on my Orange SF right now. Can't believe how fast this mofo is. Faster on laptop than phone. Streaming youtube vids no problem (3 network, 2gb limt too :biggrin:)
(edited 13 years ago)
Argh! My phone has randomly started cutting out 20 seconds or so into a call, whether I'm calling out or not. This is a real bugger :frown:, what do I do?
Original post by silent ninja

Original post by silent ninja
I'm tethering on my Orange SF right now. Can't believe how fast this mofo is. Faster on laptop than phone. Streaming youtube vids no problem (3 network, 2gb limt too :biggrin:)

Original post by G8D
Phones are slow because they can't render the pages.

My Hero was miles slower than the HD2 even on the same network.

If you keep youtubing that 2gb will disappear superfast :p:

This, it always surprises me how fast mobile internet is when I tether my phone
Original post by spikeymike

Original post by spikeymike
You're also tech-savvy yourself. :smug:

Edit:

Hex Defence is amazing! :coma:

I just got done playing it; great game. Very challenging though and I have done alright on the first 5 levels but I haven't beaten one yet.
What are the criteria for a message being 'read' on Android? I just upgraded to smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Apollo) so I don't actually know what is going on. When I recieve a message, though, I get the notification in the top bar and I press the button and see the conversation that the message is a part of, but I still have the notification. If I click on the message in the conversation so I am seeing the message by itself, I still have the notification. Also, if I go into my messaging section, the messages are still marked as unread. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, if it's some software error, does anyone know a decent app that handles SMS? It's quite annoying.
Original post by Bobifier
What are the criteria for a message being 'read' on Android? I just upgraded to smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Apollo) so I don't actually know what is going on. When I recieve a message, though, I get the notification in the top bar and I press the button and see the conversation that the message is a part of, but I still have the notification. If I click on the message in the conversation so I am seeing the message by itself, I still have the notification. Also, if I go into my messaging section, the messages are still marked as unread. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, if it's some software error, does anyone know a decent app that handles SMS? It's quite annoying.

Can't say anything about your problem but many people rave about Handcent, although I'm not a fan myself. :tongue:
Handcent is excellent :yep:
Ive got Beautiful widgets, news widget, wifi widget, setcpu widget and battery widget with my main apps on main screen. then twitter and fb widgets on the one right. thats all. Stupid sense was annoying because I like 160-180dpi and sense ****s up with that.
I preferred Chomp SMS to Handcent, and I'm still using it, both are great though.
Original post by mikeyd85

:teehee: That's excellent.
Original post by Mad Vlad
:teehee: That's excellent.

:biggrin:
Does anyone know of a way to change the keyboard so it's like the Nokia layout (in the picture below). I've found one similar but even that is still driving me crazy!

Original post by callum9999
Does anyone know of a way to change the keyboard so it's like the Nokia layout (in the picture below). I've found one similar but even that is still driving me crazy!

You tried the (EvenBetter)NumberPad Keyboard? linky
You tried the (EvenBetter)NumberPad Keyboard? linky

Thanks, it does look better than the one I have now but I don't really want to pay for it. I may give in at some point though (especially if it is as simple as the Nokia one - just the exact replica of a normal keypad without extra rows or columns.,
Thanks, it does look better than the one I have now but I don't really want to pay for it. I may give in at some point though (especially if it is as simple as the Nokia one - just the exact replica of a normal keypad without extra rows or columns.,

Just do a search for any T9 keyboard. :smile:
Just do a search for any T9 keyboard. :smile:

Thanks, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to exist so far! I'll just have to keep looking and hope one pops up eventually.
Thanks, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to exist so far! I'll just have to keep looking and hope one pops up eventually.

http://androinica.com/2009/08/how-to-install-the-htc-android-soft-keyboard-without-rooting-your-phone/

Try this. Once it's installed, click the settings button and set it to T9. Should do the trick.

Latest

Trending

Trending