The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vms
Oh wait scratch that, the AES says that my application has been sent to the college :tongue:
Aahhh if only I included more extra-curricular stuff on my personal statement... oh castle college please please please!

I'm not sure your personal statement will make any difference at this stage. If you don't get in, it's more likely that they've used up their allocation for your subject. Don't forget to look under "useful links" if you aren't already.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hello everyone!

I have been reading the thread for about month now and was waiting for my offer since January. And about 15 minutes ago I got my official offer on UCAS!!! SO HAPPY!!

Chemistry, conditional with 37 IB points

Hope to find out my college soon:smile:
good news: Yeeh offer from Durham!!! :biggrin:
bad news: The conditions do not make sense at all...

haha
Original post by yaredabestan
Is it normal that after a month from their mail which said that they were going to give me an offer I haven't received any update or detail still? Slightly worried :s-smilie:

Ditto
Original post by al21
hi sorry didnt mean to thumbs down your comment, meant to click quote button next to it but missed sorry, can i ask what subject was your offer for? and congrats!

haha, don't sweat it. And, Biological Anthropology :tongue: I'm going to call them tomorrow to clarify it, because it's a tad weird. it's like, get 43 points in total, with 7 or 8 in each subject, but I do 9 subjects. Say 9*7 = 63.. :confused:
Original post by Seentje
haha, don't sweat it. And, Biological Anthropology :tongue: I'm going to call them tomorrow to clarify it, because it's a tad weird. it's like, get 43 points in total, with 7 or 8 in each subject, but I do 9 subjects. Say 9*7 = 63.. :confused:

wow! what course do you do?
I at first thought it was the IB when I read 43 points and was thinking that was a very tough offer, especially for Durham, asking for 7s in everything and a bonus point. and then i saw the '8' and thought that was a bit screwey lol and theyd obviously messed something up, but your doing 9 subjects freaked me out.. I hope to god you don't do the IB!! lol

congrats on your offer all the same, It's obviously just a mixup which should be easy to ammend.
I'm doing anthropology too btw :smile: but straight in Durham
Reply 4486
got my college!! anyone else nat sci at st cuths? :smile: or going to the open days on the tuesday?
Reply 4487
Hi everyone,

I've an offer from Durham for Medicine but I haven't been assigned to a college yet ... even though I know it'll be one of two very similar colleges at Queen's Campus xD Anyone else in the same situation?
Original post by Horses
Hi everyone,

I've an offer from Durham for Medicine but I haven't been assigned to a college yet ... even though I know it'll be one of two very similar colleges at Queen's Campus xD Anyone else in the same situation?

jup, no college for me either :tongue: kinda hoping John snow
Still nothing... Should I send them my module marks from January? I've got my A* in maths now, which would form part of my offer if I get one..
Reply 4490
Original post by alexem
got my college!! anyone else nat sci at st cuths? :smile: or going to the open days on the tuesday?

hey, how long did it take to get assigned to a college after you got your offer?!
Original post by SashaBelleJ
Still nothing... Should I send them my module marks from January? I've got my A* in maths now, which would form part of my offer if I get one..

Yh do it, well I have. It'll make it quicke I hope.
I didn't want to go to you anyway -.- Stupid Durham. Would be less annoyed if I hadn't had to wait so long!
Original post by SashaBelleJ
I didn't want to go to you anyway -.- Stupid Durham. Would be less annoyed if I hadn't had to wait so long!

Just got rejected. :frown:
German, Spanish and Russian at Van Mildert! Who else is doing languages!
Original post by Ultimate1

Thats really unlucky. Were the module results you sent them good?
Original post by Freerider101
Thats really unlucky. Were the module results you sent them good?

yeah they were decent. I sent them the following:

C1- 100
C2- 100
C3- 96
C4- 97
FP1- 89
M1- 93
M2- 87
S1- 90
S2- 100

I don't even know what more they wanted TBH. :s-smilie:
Original post by Ultimate1

:frown: Good luck wherever you do go though! :smile:
Original post by pianofluteftw
:frown: Good luck wherever you do go though! :smile:

Thanks!:smile:
Reply 4499
Original post by khm2793
hey, how long did it take to get assigned to a college after you got your offer?!

it came up on aes after 8 days :smile: when did you get an offer?

Latest