The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Crash
I don't believe those surveys one bit. For instance journalists come consistently near the bottom, but episodes like the MMR scare prove that people trust journalists more than doctors.

Perhaps, it's just the fact that it was reported so much and had so much dust kicked up around it that caused people to be unsure and take a "better safe than sorry" approach to the matter rather than outright belief and trust in Journos.

You might not trust someone but if they say something enough it might just cause you some doubt.
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
Perhaps, it's just the fact that it was reported so much and had so much dust kicked up around it that caused people to be unsure and take a "better safe than sorry" approach to the matter rather than outright belief and trust in Journos.

You might not trust someone but if they say something enough it might just cause you some doubt.

TLP, do you guys have a holiday round Easter?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Well yeh, you can't do a higher degree without having a bachelors to start with :tongue: The last surgery conference I went to, they said it didn't matter what you did your iBSc in, so long as you do one.

That said, some places let you intercalate with an MRes or similar (Newcastle for instance)
Reply 1843
UEA's another where you can intercalate an MRes (or MClinEd)
Aye, Keele have various masters programmes. I believe - though I could be wrong - that Manchester are similar too.
That said, some places let you intercalate with an MRes or similar (Newcastle for instance)

Aye, forgot about those :tongue: Was thinking more of MD's and PhD's tho, tbh.

That's sick!
TLP, do you guys have a holiday round Easter?

I think it might be just a little tad later than easter. No actual idea though.
Reply 1848
Did anyone go to the Day X protests today?
I got an offer to intercalate in neuro from King's! :woo:
Original post by i'm no superman

Congrats :biggrin: Although why you'd want to do neuroscience is beyond me :p:

You'll never want to return to Tooting :tongue:

Neuro AND at King's?

Sounds like hell incarnate to me. :p:

Hahah jokes - congrats :smile:
Dunno if anyone remembers my suggestion from a while back that FPs should be allocated by ballot, but they're introducing it in Norway.... :s

CONGRATS!!!!!! :party:

I don't have a reply yet :dontknow:
Dunno if anyone remembers my suggestion from a while back that FPs should be allocated by ballot, but they're introducing it in Norway.... :s

That says that it's been balloted for the last 60 years rather than being a new thing. What I found interesting was:

"Critics of the new proposals ask why Norway could not have a system similar to that in Denmark, where training positions are reserved for Danish medical students. By defining the training positions as an integral part of medical education, Denmark avoids coming into conflict with the EU principle of the free flow of labour."

This must be quite appealing for the UK as well if UK graduates ending up without an F1 job is going to continue being a worry.
Reply 1856
Well done mate!
Reply 1857

Congratulations.

I did Neuro options in my BA. Quite different to Anatomy or Management though!
What a productive day, I played halo, went to Tesco and am now baking shortbread. Nom nom.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Congrats :biggrin: Although why you'd want to do neuroscience is beyond me :p:
Cheers! I really enjoyed neuro in semester three so here's to hoping I'll still be able to say the same by the end of the year out!

Original post by Mushi_master
You'll never want to return to Tooting :tongue:
Haha you reckon? I've got to say, I am very excited by the prospect of living in central for the duration. I can't wait to meet new people too!

Original post by Philosoraptor
Neuro AND at King's?

Sounds like hell incarnate to me. :p:

Hahah jokes - congrats :smile:
Tell me about it! Thanks man, hope you're enjoying your BSc year! :smile:

CONGRATS!!!!!! :party:

I don't have a reply yet :dontknow:
Thanks Becca! That's strange, I received the e-mail shortly before lunch. You got the e-mail last week about them delaying it for a week so I am guessing you'll hear very soon. Good luck with it and all of your other choices!

Original post by Renal
Well done mate!
Cheers Renal! :biggrin:

Original post by Elles
Congratulations.

I did Neuro options in my BA. Quite different to Anatomy or Management though!
Thanks! How did you find that year? I imagine it will be different to what I'll be doing but generally speaking, was it what you expected it to be?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending