The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RNBen

With respect to this guy, any college quarterback should be able to do this. You should see Drew Brees on sports science. If you haven't already, YOUTUBE IT!
I prefer to play than watch it.
Original post by Tokyoround
So apparently Julio Jones worked out on a fractured foot and still had a great performance. Ridiculous.

Flying up the draft boards. gutted for rams. he would have been ACE in St.Louis under Sam Bradford. That would have been an epic combo!
Original post by GBateman
I prefer to play than watch it.

SAME! Who doesn't?
Reply 984
NFLPA are going to decertify , just what was expected all along. How long is the lockout likely to last for?
Reply 985
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
i've always been a Pats fan, the fact they are playing on C4 in the UK is just a bonus for me. Yes, the Pats have a large fan base in the UK, the biggest here respectively, so expect a lot of english NFL followers to like them. Just because you don't support them you dont have to hate.

I find it ironic that the Patriots have a huge English support base when the REAL patriots fought a war against them lol
Original post by mjeezy
I find it ironic that the Patriots have a huge English support base when the REAL patriots fought a war against them lol

ironic eh?

TBH most of the retards in the UK who think they are NFL followers just because the watch the SuperBowl pretend to support the Pats because it's got "England" in it -.-

Stupid chavs.
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
ironic eh?

TBH most of the retards in the UK who think they are NFL followers just because the watch the SuperBowl pretend to support the Pats because it's got "England" in it -.-

Stupid chavs.

Haha, too right. I started supporting the Packers the year Rodgers took over at starting QB. Bought a jersey to show my support for them in this years Superbowl and everyone was like "glory supporter" :angry:
Using random on madden to choose your team is how the true fans do it :colonhash:

Lol worked out ok for me cause I wanted a team in California to coincide with my college team and I got San Diego.
Reply 989
Considering purchasing NCAA 2011...
Original post by RNBen

Do it. I've played each one since 08 and I've stopped buying madden now. Maddens good but I get bored of it pretty quick. NCAA plays a lot better in my opinion, there's a hell of a lot of teams too. You don't get names or anything but you can download roster updates online that fix that.

If you liked the old style of Maddens superstar mode you will love NCAA's Road To Glory. Dynasty mode is pretty fun too but recruiting can be hard work if your college is crappy. There's loads of mini games to play, mascot mash-up is probably the best, you play as each teams mascot.
Original post by 419
NFLPA are going to decertify , just what was expected all along. How long is the lockout likely to last for?

It is almost impossible to say at this point in time seeing as there is so much uncertainty right now. Personally I think they will do something similar to what happened last time there was a work stoppage which was drop 2-4 games off the regular season.

However, some NFL players (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees included) are filing an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL which could prevent a lockout. However I think it is likely that the lockout will continue.

I am in almost no doubt that the season will go ahead (if not a bit shorter), it's way too much money for the league to pass up on for the sake of a fraction more. Thing is that the NFLPA and the owners are stubborn and so it could take a while for it to be resolved.

We haven't heard the last of this yet buddy :/
Original post by RNBen

I play Madden just so I can be Tom Brady and the Pats. But as for enjoyment and general quality of game, NCAA is supposed to be equal if not better. I would consider it if I didn't waste enough time on Madden already LOL
Do it. I've played each one since 08 and I've stopped buying madden now. Maddens good but I get bored of it pretty quick. NCAA plays a lot better in my opinion, there's a hell of a lot of teams too. You don't get names or anything but you can download roster updates online that fix that.

If you liked the old style of Maddens superstar mode you will love NCAA's Road To Glory. Dynasty mode is pretty fun too but recruiting can be hard work if your college is crappy. There's loads of mini games to play, mascot mash-up is probably the best, you play as each teams mascot.

How do you manage to get it? I haven't seen it sold over here in the UK.
Original post by rugbygreg
How do you manage to get it? I haven't seen it sold over here in the UK.

eBay/Amazon are your friends. Expensive though unless you wait for it to get cheaper.
eBay/Amazon are your friends. Expensive though unless you wait for it to get cheaper.

Are you on a PS3 or 360?
Original post by rugbygreg
Are you on a PS3 or 360?

Ah, yeah, forgot there are still people who play xbox.

If you play on xbox it's pretty much impossible to play over here unless you have an American or hacked xbox. PS3 doesn't have this problem as games are universal, you will be unable to trade it in to a store over here though as the vast majority do not accept foreign games.
Ah, yeah, forgot there are still people who play xbox.

If you play on xbox it's pretty much impossible to play over here unless you have an American or hacked xbox. PS3 doesn't have this problem as games are universal, you will be unable to trade it in to a store over here though as the vast majority do not accept foreign games.

Aha, thanks for your help anyway!
Reply 998
When I looked for it I couldn't find NCAA anywhere for under £50 :nothing:. Might get it this year instead of madden if I can though :beard:.
Original post by Mithra
When I looked for it I couldn't find NCAA anywhere for under £50 :nothing:. Might get it this year instead of madden if I can though :beard:.

Do it! some people say it's a better game actually :/

Latest