The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i'm no superman
Cheers! I really enjoyed neuro in semester three so here's to hoping I'll still be able to say the same by the end of the year out!

Haha you reckon? I've got to say, I am very excited by the prospect of living in central for the duration. I can't wait to meet new people too!

Tell me about it! Thanks man, hope you're enjoying your BSc year! :smile:

Thanks Becca! That's strange, I received the e-mail shortly before lunch. You got the e-mail last week about them delaying it for a week so I am guessing you'll hear very soon. Good luck with it and all of your other choices!

Cheers Renal! :biggrin:

Thanks! How did you find that year? I imagine it will be different to what I'll be doing but generally speaking, was it what you expected it to be?

Christ you get up early. 6am?! or was that when you got in? :p:

The only reason I was up so early was goddamn rowing at 7:30 :getmecoat:
urgh i have to write a cancer project essay :frown: ECX papers here I come...
Haha you reckon? I've got to say, I am very excited by the prospect of living in central for the duration. I can't wait to meet new people too!

Are you definitely taking it up then or does it depend on other offers? There are definitely some areas I'd avoid living in around Guy's, and some I'd definitely recommend.
Reply 1863
Central Bermondsey or central Denmark Hill :tongue:
Original post by Renal
Central Bermondsey or central Denmark Hill :tongue:

Central Rotherhithe for me, much nicer :tongue:
Original post by Huw Davies
That says that it's been balloted for the last 60 years rather than being a new thing. What I found interesting was:

"Critics of the new proposals ask why Norway could not have a system similar to that in Denmark, where training positions are reserved for Danish medical students. By defining the training positions as an integral part of medical education, Denmark avoids coming into conflict with the EU principle of the free flow of labour."

This must be quite appealing for the UK as well if UK graduates ending up without an F1 job is going to continue being a worry.

Oops.... massive source misread fail :redface: :tongue:
Reply 1866
Can anyone access this paper? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2139112
Portfolio is making me want to die :sigh: I have such lame good/bad communication examples :sad:
Original post by Jessaay!
Christ you get up early. 6am?! or was that when you got in? :p:

The only reason I was up so early was goddamn rowing at 7:30 :getmecoat:
The latter! :colone:

I ended up going to fabric with some friends last night. Farringdon is worse than Camden!
Original post by Hygeia

Yes, I have it do you want it :colone:
Reply 1870
Original post by Wangers
Yes, I have it do you want it :colone:

Please :puppyeyes: I'll PM you my e-mail address :smile:
Original post by Hygeia

I tried, but the link for full text went to a totally unrelated article. :s-smilie:
love short terms
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I tried, but the link for full text went to a totally unrelated article. :s-smilie:

Yea I noticed it links to the article above, so I tried the one below...Some muppet screwed up with the filing.
Original post by Wangers
Yea I noticed it links to the article above, so I tried the one below...Some muppet screwed up with the filing.

I bet it was Gonzo.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I bet it was Gonzo.

One thing that has just pissed me off - with Libya in civil war and an explosion at a nuclear powerplant in Japan - both events have potentially international consequences, the BBC news channel online chooses to go to the SNP spring conference...wtf??
Original post by John Locke
love short terms

On of the down sides here are the long first and second terms in preclin years. First term as 13 weeks, and this one is 15. However it does mean we get easter hols just before exams, good for revision and it means that the last term is only a couple of weeks.
Original post by Mushi_master
On of the down sides here are the long first and second terms in preclin years. First term as 13 weeks, and this one is 15. However it does mean we get easter hols just before exams, good for revision and it means that the last term is only a couple of weeks.

wow thats really quite long compared to ours! we have (terms separated by commas);

1st year: 8 weeks, 8 weeks, 6 weeks - 2 weeks of no university teaching - exams
2nd year: 8 weeks, 8 weeks, 2 weeks of no university teaching - exams - BA stuff

with 6/7 week holidays in between.
Original post by John Locke
wow thats really quite long compared to ours! we have (terms separated by commas);

1st year: 8 weeks, 8 weeks, 6 weeks - 2 weeks of no university teaching - exams
2nd year: 8 weeks, 8 weeks, 2 weeks of no university teaching - exams - BA stuff

with 6/7 week holidays in between.

We have 2/3 weeks christmas and 4/5 weeks easter, so that really is quite different! Does that make for very intense terms then?
The latter! :colone:

I ended up going to fabric with some friends last night. Farringdon is worse than Camden!

Oh :frown: That's not fair :frown:

You say this and you live in Tooting! :p: I feared death when I was there for sportsnight :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending