Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharleyChester
Of course mac. Once you go mac you never go back xD

I'm going to talk to my form tutor at school monday and then i'll probably do it when I get home xD

That's what they said about Linux. Actually, I got frustrated with linux but I might try it again when I get a new computer.

You're such a wimp! :tongue: I was worried too but I'm happy with my decision now.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by alexs2602
That's what they said about Linux. Actually, I got frustrated with linux but I might try it again when I get a new computer.

You're such a wimp! :tongue: I was worried too but I'm happy with my decision now.

I'm not a wimp D: But my school insist you discuss your options with your form tutor first before making a decision. Last year some girl firmed her unis without telling school and they refused to help her with anything afterwards -.- It's pathetic really
I'm not a wimp D: But my school insist you discuss your options with your form tutor first before making a decision. Last year some girl firmed her unis without telling school and they refused to help her with anything afterwards -.- It's pathetic really

Oh .___.
Oh .___.

.___. ikr
Just firmed food science at Nottingham hehe.
I'm a tad excited.
anyone going up to the politics/IR open day on Wednesday? if so, what course? :smile:
So yeah, i still haven't come to any form of decision.

Yay!
So yeah, i still haven't come to any form of decision.

Yay!

lol, I saw you were the last poster on this thread and thought 'ooooh, she's decided to firm Nottingham' then I looked and was bitterly disappointed. :tongue: Did you speak to your tutor?
lol, I saw you were the last poster on this thread and thought 'ooooh, she's decided to firm Nottingham' then I looked and was bitterly disappointed. :tongue: Did you speak to your tutor?

Yeah, basically she told me to speak to my teachers. Physics said i can get an A, Maths said i can get an A as long as i resit because i'm still missing 20 or so marks, but my further Maths teacher said i am realistically looking at a B :/

Which is a problem because my offer is AAB, with the A's in Maths and Further Maths
I would personally say that, if you want to put Notts as your Firm then go for it anyway.

At the end of the day you're not going to get in if you decline it but you've got a chance if you work for the grades.
Yeah, basically she told me to speak to my teachers. Physics said i can get an A, Maths said i can get an A as long as i resit because i'm still missing 20 or so marks, but my further Maths teacher said i am realistically looking at a B :/

Which is a problem because my offer is AAB, with the A's in Maths and Further Maths

Oh ok, err... reckon you'll put the effort into get an A in FM? My teacher predicted me a B in FM but I'm currently achieving a decent A so its certainly possible.
Oh ok, err... reckon you'll put the effort into get an A in FM? My teacher predicted me a B in FM but I'm currently achieving a decent A so its certainly possible.

I'm trying really hard but i messed up my FM as so badly :/ I'm pushing for an A* in Physics, cause someone from my school last year applied for Maths at Notts, basically missed out on their offer and was offered a place for Physics instead... though they did decline it in the end... No idea how likely that would be to happen this year though

Original post by MrCasperTom
I would personally say that, if you want to put Notts as your Firm then go for it anyway.

At the end of the day you're not going to get in if you decline it but you've got a chance if you work for the grades.

Yeah that was I was thinking. But on the other hand i don't want to 'waste' an offer if I have no chance of getting in :/

Would certainly be nice if i could do this:

Yeah that was I was thinking. But on the other hand i don't want to 'waste' an offer if I have no chance of getting in :/

Understandble. At the end of the day it's your choice but in my opinion that's what an Insurance is for.

At the end of the day do what you're comfortable with. But I would say one thing: what will you regret more? Not choosing Notts to be 'safe' in what you get or going for it and, worst comes to the worse, not going Notts?
Original post by MrCasperTom
Understandble. At the end of the day it's your choice but in my opinion that's what an Insurance is for.

At the end of the day do what you're comfortable with. But I would say one thing: what will you regret more? Not choosing Notts to be 'safe' in what you get or going for it and, worst comes to the worse, not going Notts?

This. To be honest, if i didn't get in this year to uni the new fee's wouldn't put me off that much, i'd just apply for something different... Though i can honestly say i will be gutted if all my friends get to uni and i don't, because none of them are planning to stay in the city :/
Yeah but, if you really feel like that, start planning a gap year as a back up plan? If the fees aren't too much of a bother to you then sod it, just go for what you want I would say.

Plus what grades would you Insurance be? I didn't think I was going to get into Notts at one point (I managed a D in my Jan Chem exam, of course I'd already put it as my firm but ahhh well whatcha going to do, so re-sat and managed to hit the grades I needed) but, while a different situation, the most I could do was work my hardest and hope for the best.

Honestly I would say go with what you want not what others are telling you. If you feel the need to make a backup plan, aside from an insurance choice, then make gap year plans just incase, look at other choices and such. I would basically say that, at the end of the day, you should go with what you wish for rather than what it sensible. Sure it can end up being crap for you, but if you don't go for it you're not going to get it anyway.

Or I could be speaking utter crap :tongue:
**** it, i've firmed.

Edit: you only live once and I have nothing to lose xD
(edited 13 years ago)
**** it, i've firmed.

Edit: you only live once and I have nothing to lose xD

Nice one! Glad to see you with us. Shall I add you to the firmers thread?

Who did you insurance?
Nice one! Glad to see you with us. Shall I add you to the firmers thread?

Who did you insurance?

There's a firmer's thread? :') wow i'm behind. I insuranced Birmingham xD
Original post by mclovin90
i got an offer for Politics and Economics :biggrin: its been ages trying to find someone doing the same course haha what was your offerr? are you going up to any open days? :smile:

ahhhhhh not found anyone doing my course!!!!! I went up for the politics open day in february, probably wont go up again though, are you planning to?
my offer was aab, what was yours? is it your first choice?
There's a firmer's thread? :') wow i'm behind. I insuranced Birmingham xD

Yep, look at the Notts subforum and look for the thread I made called "Official Nottingham Firmers 2011" or soemthing like that.

Figured :] Seems like a win:win situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending