The Student Room Group

Stop me from being sick

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by channy
Throw up, eat some bread and drink lots of water.

I've never actually tried replacing electrolytes...any good?

To be honest, when you get the munchies for certain foods (usually salty or sweet foods, or both!) it works in a similar way. It's your body crying out for attention. That's why mcdonald's is so busy at night time in large cities :smile: It probably works just as well as replacing it with ion solutions. That, and eating something sometimes stops the nausea, especially if it's got carbs in it. Though that might just be me. Also lots of water to prevent the hangover, but only when you're able to keep it down.
Reply 21
Original post by insignificant
Urm Hey guys.. Just woke up.. I just kept sipping water until I couldn't anymore kept sticking my head out the window and fell asleep on the bathroom floor cos it was nice and cold.. Nice surprise for my mum and dad in the morning.. Whoops.

Hehe don't worry, I've had worse drunken/hangover stories. I know what you mean about finding it nice when you feel cold.
Reply 22
What you need now is one of these babies:

Original post by Potiron
What you need now is one of these babies:

That just made me feel sick again, thanks :angry: I haven't moved from my bed since... I also haven't eaten since yesterday morning, it's a good diet! The place where I went had 2 for one on cocktails and each one had about 4 different shots in it... never having shots again! Which reminds me... This guy gave me 10
Jaegers... I don't remember what happened to them :/
I drank ridiculous amounts last night, for about 5 hours. I threw up at around 10pm and then again around 5am, had to throw up silently so I wouldn't wake up my parents, they'd go mad otherwise.
Reply 25
That just made me feel sick again, thanks :angry: I haven't moved from my bed since... I also haven't eaten since yesterday morning, it's a good diet! The place where I went had 2 for one on cocktails and each one had about 4 different shots in it... never having shots again! Which reminds me... This guy gave me 10
Jaegers... I don't remember what happened to them :/

That or a Burger King Extra Large Bacon Double Cheeseburger usually does the trick, I find.

How are you feeling now?
Peppermint tea and some Ginger biscuits
Original post by Potiron
That or a Burger King Extra Large Bacon Double Cheeseburger usually does the trick, I find.

How are you feeling now?

Okay, just had some plain pasta. Gonna get another shower, then bed again for me.
Original post by Subcutaneous
Peppermint tea and some Ginger biscuits

Good idea about the peppermint tea actually, heard it does wonders.
Good idea about the peppermint tea actually, heard it does wonders.

Oops I nagged you by accident, sorry (bloody iPhone!)

It does, small sips and a bit of sugar it does help brilliantly! I sometimes suggest it to patients if they get nausea with medications etc
Original post by Subcutaneous
Oops I nagged you by accident, sorry (bloody iPhone!)

It does, small sips and a bit of sugar it does help brilliantly! I sometimes suggest it to patients if they get nausea with medications etc

I never ever drink, but it was the first time in a very long time me and my boyfriend had been able to go out together for his brothers birthday, and the place we went had 2 for 1 cocktails on, so yeah :/ Completely not used to any of this, my stomach is cringing its an awful feeling! My stomach is quite sensitive so my doctor prescribed me Domperidone, but took about 3 hours to feel any sort of effect so will defo have to get some peppermint tea... thankyou! (Don't worry about the accidental neg, I understand the iPhone pain!)
Tbh you'd be better off being sick, it gets rid of some of the alcohol so you'd feel better for it in the morning xx
no problem go on drinking............haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending