The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by In2deep
We got tactically raped again by Manchester United, congrats to them :congrats:

The most worrying thing was watching how this meant absolutely nothing to almost all of our players. Only Nasri and Wilshere had any motivation to go forward..

Wenger got tactically raped*

I've backed Wenger and ignored his failings but frankly it's ridiculous. He's never been that great tactically, fails to motivate his players (whether or not you think players should need motivation). His substitutions are absolutely terrible and he refuses to change anything.

The current squad is chock full of mediocrity after the first XI. Our first XI is brilliant but we have no quality cover.

Also agree that we should CONSIDER a 4-4-2. This current one is very strange and there is no point having any width when no-one gets in the box. Tonight there was NO movement at all it was horrendous. Then again who would we play upfront...
You just have to realise that for us success came when we played counter attacking football at pace and precision and strikers on the shoulder of the last defender. Even that 2nd goal vs. Barca in the first leg...

Gotta give a mention to the Arsenal fans. Absolutely brilliant and outsang the Mancs all game :clap2:
Reply 6761
Unfair criticism being levelled at Diaby he has had a stop start season he didn't play particularly badly.He has very good attributes and can be a top midfielder.
Anyone who even remotely thinks we should have won with that performance is deluded. The game was pretty much over when they scored first and that says a lot.
Reply 6763
Original post by In2deep

Original post by In2deep
Anyone who even remotely thinks we should have won with that performance is deluded. The game was pretty much over when they scored first and that says a lot.

Pretty much this.
Reply 6764
Ramsey and Wilshere better partner each other against West Brom next week !!!!!
Diaby turns 25 soon, he simply isn't good enough as an all-round central midfielder - he doesn't fit in our system, though I bet he'd be good in La Liga.
Reply 6766
I didn't get to see any of the game :sad: missed the absolute crumble :sad:

Why was there 8 minutes added on in the second half :lolwut:
Reply 6767
I would like to see arsenal press the ball high up the pitch like Barca do, if were gonna learn from them.. at least do that as well. Not just the possesion football, most of the times it comes to nothing unless its a mid table team. How many times have we lost in the CL, and to man u and chelsea over the last 5 years. We need a Plan B tbh
Reply 6768
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.

Djourou had to be stretchered off, likely dislocated shoulder :sad:
**** performance by a **** team

looks like arsenal gave up trophies for lent :teehee:
Original post by Mess.

There was no crumble just a shockingly inept performance.

DJ shoulder injury when we'd used all subs. Had to be stretchered off.
Reply 6771
Original post by kbountra
Same here. I was recently watching this programme on ESPN classic about Arsenal's unbeaten season and it bought back so much nostalgia. If I had to pick a first team based on players from now and back then, only Fabregas from the current lot would make it.

Myb fab and nasri.

It says alot about our current team tho :frown:
Original post by marcusmerehay

As per usual, Koscielny, Sagna, Wilshere and Nasri gave their all and deserved better.

Djourou too. He's been playing so well recently.
Original post by bad bitch
**** performance by a **** team

looks like arsenal gave up trophies for lent :teehee:

Old joke, must try harder.
Original post by natty_d
Djourou too. He's been playing so well recently.

Yeah, there's a reason we've been unbeaten in the league when he's played.
Old joke, must try harder.

not really, when will you win trophies though :rofl2:

i feel soz for this pathetic team
Reply 6776
I think Denilson and Rosicky need to leave before Diaby.Arshavin also clearly lost a yard of pace.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jit987
Ramsey and Wilshere better partner each other against West Brom next week !!!!!

hope freakin so
Reply 6778
Arsenal are a young joke. Must play harder :mmm:
I'm surprised Denilson hasn't improved significantly over the years he's been at arsenal.He's average and disappointing, he's been average for too long. a complete waste that you cannot depend on. Diaby today had me shouting at the screen :facepalm2: he just wouldn't move, he looked so stroppy