The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Without Fabregas we are a ****ty team. When he inevitably leaves - what then ?
Assuming Cesc goes in the summer and Szeszney is back in form at the end of the year;

Hazard for Arshavin
Montolivo for Fabregas
Mertesacker for Squillaci (and the usual injury crumble)

They wouldn't be that expensive if you balance it against sales (Cesc, everyone else who has been useless)
We totally need to sort out the second XI, they're woeful.
bunch of bellends.....tbh..just bellends..
There shouldnt be any Wenger out jibes but still it does hurt to watch your team no have bottle.. Its a dilemma because we are still second in the league guys... we just need to believe.. and hope wenger gets it into his thick skull that his project has failed and he needs to invest heavily in some steel for this team...
Ramsey + Wilshere = THE FUTURE one step closer to invincibility
Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc
There shouldnt be any Wenger out jibes but still it does hurt to watch your team no have bottle.. Its a dilemma because we are still second in the league guys... we just need to believe.. and hope wenger gets it into his thick skull that his project has failed and he needs to invest heavily in some steel for this team...

Then what is he gonna do with all that young talent he's been nurturing. Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela, Simpson? etc its too late imo

LOL at believe, this team has gone and dusted and even the fans have become delusional :rofl:

anyways I am out of here :smile:
Every year we hope Wenger will spend in the key areas but he never does and never will. To be fair it's just the complete lack of desire of some of the players that's the biggest problem, not their talent. United have several players with limited talent but at least they try hard and want to win, when I see Diaby slowly meandering around the pitch, doing some silly turn in midfield then an awful pass to no-one then slowly jogging back while we're getting countered, it is infuriting.
Reply 6787
Original post by Ar5enal Fan
Every year we hope Wenger will spend in the key areas but he never does and never will. To be fair it's just the complete lack of desire of some of the players that's the biggest problem, not their talent. United have several players with limited talent but at least they try hard and want to win, when I see Diaby slowly meandering around the pitch, doing some silly turn in midfield then an awful pass to no-one then slowly jogging back while we're getting countered, it is infuriting.

This
Johan Djourou ruled out for the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder

Oh the news keeps getting better, we have to somehow win the league with a defence of Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy. The same defence that's lost against the likes of West Brom, Newcastle, Spurs and to top it off Almunia will be in goal.
Original post by BlackVenom321
Then what is he gonna do with all that young talent he's been nurturing. Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela, Simpson? etc its too late imo

by steel i meant some actual decent centre backs, a good central midfielder and shay ****ing given...
Djourou out for the rest of the season. Arsenal have collapsed. Still in the title race, but realistically do you think you can do it?

Need to start forking out some money in the summer and stop being so miserly and over reliant on your youths.
Original post by vn2009
Myb fab and nasri.

It says alot about our current team tho :frown:

Lehmann
Lauren
Campbell
Toure
Cole
Ljungberg
Vieira
Fabregas
Pires
Henry
Bergkamp

Maybe I'd choose Sagna over Lauren. Fab+Vieira probably wouldn't work together so have Gilberto partner one of them with Pires/Nasri alternating.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6792
Original post by marcusmerehay
Why? If you're referring to our apparently 'leaky' defence, it's well worth noting that we've conceded 3 fewer goals than United in the league this season, and only City and Chelsea have conceded less.

mate, when it bloody counts, we let the goals in. we have no stability in the back (especially now djourou is injured), and lets face it, we had the chance to sign smalling, but bought ****lacci instead.
by steel i meant some actual decent centre backs, a good central midfielder and shay ****ing given...

Fair enough
Reply 6795
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
I would take any of this seriously but you support Liverpool... soo :|

I don't think I should take you seriously considering you support a club that just lost to one of the worst United teams on paper in years.

Spoiler

Reply 6796
I'll be blunt Arsenal will not win the Premier League as they will get done at home by Man Utd and they will drop points.4 players need to be brought in the summer if not Wenger should leave no one should put up with another season of these disgraceful performances.It was the same familiar story as Arsenal were neat working it to the 18 yard line then they were inevitably snuffed out in that respect there was no improvement from 2007.
(edited 13 years ago)
One thing I can't understand is why Arsene persisted with 4-2-3-1 for so long. The Invicibles payed 4-4-2 for pretty much the entire season didn't they, so why does he have such a problem reverting to it in times of need? I understand the attempt to try and dominate the midfield today but in general he seems unwilling to go for anything else.
Ramsey played so much better diaby than.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ramsey, Willshere, Walcott

3years:colonhash:

Latest