The Student Room Group

C1 January 10th 2011 Exam (Edexcel)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine

can someone upload the official mark scheme for C1 ?

I second this request.
thank you and do you know if you will get it today?
can someone upload the official mark scheme for C1 ?

Original post by Edwin Okli
I second this request.

Are official mark schemes even out yet? And when will the grade boundaries be up on the website?
anyone knows? thanks :smile:
the mark schemes are out now on edexcel website but requires security contents
the mark schemes are out now on edexcel website but requires security contents

are they guna be on TSR anytime soon ???
Reply 185
anyone have the 2011 jan question paper and mark scheme ?

pm me as i badly need it
So, what did you all get, in the paper?
91/100

SAFL x
Reply 188
Original post by SergioMZ
So, what did you all get, in the paper?

100 in c1
98 in fp1
80-Core 1
75-F.P. 1
Congratulations, all of you! :biggrin:
I got 97.
I got 100 UMS in this, C2 and M1
Original post by MostCompetitive

I got 100 UMS in this, C2 and M1

:frown:. I was so disappointed to not get any 100 UMS modules, I still don't understand where I lost marks. Perhaps my graph sketches were too small or my handwriting was read wrongly at points. I'm finding excuses, but.. 290/300 is decent.

You must be incredible at maths to be able to handle Additional Further. I would self-teach the AS but I don't think I could handle it alongside my other A2 's (and the entire Further A level) and I'm not sure what kind of effect it would have on my university applications.
:frown:. I was so disappointed to not get any 100 UMS modules, I still don't understand where I lost marks. Perhaps my graph sketches were too small or my handwriting was read wrongly at points. I'm finding excuses, but.. 290/300 is decent.

You must be incredible at maths to be able to handle Additional Further. I would self-teach the AS but I don't think I could handle it alongside my other A2 's (and the entire Further A level) and I'm not sure what kind of effect it would have on my university applications.

290/300 is good.

I'm really having to whiz through the units. Just finished C3 in under 2 weeks. Almost done C4 now.

290/300 is good.

I'm really having to whiz through the units. Just finished C3 in under 2 weeks. Almost done C4 now.

We spent quite a while on C3 and still we weren't taught half angle formulae (are they still in the specification?). I taught myself how to derive them though so I'm prepared for them. We've nearly finished S2 so we should get through C4 with plenty of time left over. I did my first C3 paper today (haven't marked it yet).

So, you're teaching yourself all of the modules?
We spent quite a while on C3 and still we weren't taught half angle formulae (are they still in the specification?). I taught myself how to derive them though so I'm prepared for them. We've nearly finished S2 so we should get through C4 with plenty of time left over. I did my first C3 paper today (haven't marked it yet).

So, you're teaching yourself all of the modules?

No. My teacher is putting a lot of pressure on though. He said 66/75 in the C3 past paper wasn't that good despite me finishing it in less than 2 weeks. I do a past paper or 2 after finishing each unit.

I do a past paper or 2 after finishing each unit.

I've got to say... I did a bit more than a few past papers for my AS modules, less for S1 because some of the stuff is too long-winded. S2 isn't as bad for that so I might do more. I love doing maths papers! I like finding new style questions instead of the usual ones.
Congrats to everyone!!

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get 100, but I knew I wouldn't because after looking over the answers I knew I made a couple of silly mistakes. So I got 88... Still an A I guess. I might just leave it at that and try and up C2 instead rather than trying again to up my C1 score. Also retaking C3 because I got 73 in it, I don't even know how because I came out thinking I definitely aced it, but oh well, I'll try again in the Summer.
a!:biggrin:
Original post by CrystalNeko
Congrats to everyone!!

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get 100, but I knew I wouldn't because after looking over the answers I knew I made a couple of silly mistakes. So I got 88... Still an A I guess. I might just leave it at that and try and up C2 instead rather than trying again to up my C1 score. Also retaking C3 because I got 73 in it, I don't even know how because I came out thinking I definitely aced it, but oh well, I'll try again in the Summer.

C3s grade boundaries was unexpected it was so high for what was a hard paper I'm sure Arsey said so to and a lot of people expected it to be lowered. I'm doing it again in the Summer:s-smilie: 3rd go lucky??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending