The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Tuesday night in Newcastle?

Hopefully coming to Uni here next year and coming to visit on Tuesday in a couple of weeks.

Quite fancy going out yeeeeah.

So, regular student clubbers - where's fresh on a Tuesday so I can plan it innit?

Cheers. :biggrin:
Reply 1
Koosday.

Some club/bar called Madame Koo's. Never been there but I always hear it mentioned.

Madame Koo has officially changed the name of the 2nd day of the week. It shall no longer be called Tuesday, but now called Koosday.

Its another night for the Students, yes they are back in town for another year. They are playing “funky dirty disco” which means house. Entry is £3-£4 and doors open at 22.00 till 03.00 As it is a student night it offers cheap drinks, Jagerbombs for £1.50, doubles £2.50
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by JackWoot
Koosday.

Some club/bar called Madame Koo's. Never been there but I always hear it mentioned.

In my (probably extremely biased as I'm hardly the 'clubbing' type) opinion, Koosday was awful. Full of rude, stuck up people who couldn't even say 'Excuse me' and instead just pushed their way past, half-dressed and fluffing up their hair every twenty seconds (boys included). Plus most of the decent drinks (some of the cocktails) are about £5 each, and they take SO LONG to make, so you're at the bar for about 20 minutes whilst they shake/stir/whatever else to make your drink.
Just my experience though, perhaps it was just a bad night? Unfortunately can't think of any alternatives either...
Reply 3
Original post by ishouldcoco
In my (probably extremely biased as I'm hardly the 'clubbing' type) opinion, Koosday was awful. Full of rude, stuck up people who couldn't even say 'Excuse me' and instead just pushed their way past, half-dressed and fluffing up their hair every twenty seconds (boys included). Plus most of the decent drinks (some of the cocktails) are about £5 each, and they take SO LONG to make, so you're at the bar for about 20 minutes whilst they shake/stir/whatever else to make your drink.
Just my experience though, perhaps it was just a bad night? Unfortunately can't think of any alternatives either...

Well no argument from me, I've never been myself and I'm also not really the clubbing type so I guess I'll be giving that one a miss. xD
Reply 4
Cheers mate!

Just looked it up on bookface it looks epic. :biggrin:
Koosday's totally overrated :/
Reply 6
you either wanna go Koosdays (which has now moved from Madame Koo's to TigerTiger!!) or Tuptup Palace...personally I'd go with TupTup
Reply 7
the cut/tup tup, Koosdays is **** now it's in Tiger Tiger
Reply 8
To be honest, if you only up for one night I'd just go to sam jacks, sinners, then tigertiger or tuptup (but isn't tuesday tuptup the druggy scene? I dunno, I never get past sinners...). Don't go for the "tuesday night", just go for the best places in newcastle, if your only there one night. Worry about where is best on each night once you get here! Try Perdu, or Legends, or even Powerhouse? (Never been to those places on a tuesday, but if their other nights are anything to go by should be epic. Oh and Tiger is good, they have poles and everything ^_^
Reply 9
I would have said Koosdays, but I haven't been since it moved to Tiger.

Cosmic was always good on a Tuesday, but I haven't been on a Tues since 1st semester of 2nd year.
I don't recommend Koosdays :nn: full of middle aged men, a bit trashy, drinks expensive, mediocre music.
Reply 11
Original post by crawleytown
Hopefully coming to Uni here next year and coming to visit on Tuesday in a couple of weeks.

Quite fancy going out yeeeeah.

So, regular student clubbers - where's fresh on a Tuesday so I can plan it innit?

Cheers. :biggrin:

Like others have said Koosday is probably the best bet. It's pretty confusing though as it's now moved to Tiger Tiger from Madame Koos yet has kept the same name but there's also a replacement night on at Koos that has nothing to do with it.

Original post by milesofsea
I don't recommend Koosdays :nn: full of middle aged men, a bit trashy, drinks expensive, mediocre music.

That's pretty ridiculous, I can understand people not liking it but it's not full of middle aged men, the drinks are pretty average priced and they have the some of the most popular DJ's in Newcastle.
Reply 12
Double JD cokes still £2.50 (or 80) at Koos/Floritas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending