The Student Room Group

Msc Finance at Warwick : impressive figures

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kuzelle
what course did u get into P.E???

A&F
Reply 281
Original post by prospectivEEconomist
All courses are 4 units including the MSc Economics and LLM. I guess they're **** :rolleyes:

For your information, the Msc accounting, organisation and Institutions is by far more selective than the CRAPPY Msc accounting and finance

174 from 1056 for A&F = 16,5%

And only 19 over 529 for A,O&I = 3,59 % like the Msc Finance

3,59 % for the Msc accounting, organisation and institutions VS 16,5% for A&F

Give me objective arguments not blabla and resentful statements

you annoy everyone in this forum ProspectiveEconomist
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 282
Original post by Borisvian
For your information, the Msc accounting, organisation and Institutions is by far more selective than the CRAPPY Msc accounting and finance

just to add on.. from what i've heard, isn't A&F's a lesser version of the finance program... I mean many of those who apply to the Finance program, put that as it's second choice right (well even that may not be the case now with the introduction of Finance & PE)..

besides the acounting organisation course, is of a different nature, and one of the best of its kind... so I prob would not be slagging at an applicant who got into a course which has an acceptance rate equivalent to one fifth of A&F...

I'm going to be more annoying and say you're French :biggrin:.

3 points:
- they had no previous statistics on the enrollment number and number of applicants as it was a new course, so naturally no one was put off by applying
- the course accepts applicants from all disciplines (A+F accepts people who have done finance/accounting modules in their undergrad so it has fewer applicants).
- no gmat requirement. A+F has as strict gmat requirement for all non uk degree holders with an average gmat of over 650. Not bad for a course that accepts 170 odd people and roughly 98% of them are non uk citizens (I imagine most of them wouldn't have done their undergraduate in the UK).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mr. Roxas
^ I'm afraid you're going to make a huge mistake in choosing Imperial MSc Finance over LSE's MSc Accounting and Finance. But then again, it's how you'll make your degree work out for you, in the end.

What utter toss.
Original post by Ilustrius
What utter toss.

why so?
Reply 286
Original post by Peaches182
why so?

decided on where ur going peaches???
why so?

You're not going to be any less employable if you went to Imperial for MSc in Finance than if you did the MSc in A&F at LSE ..
Original post by kuzelle
decided on where ur going peaches???

not at all, I'm gonna wait and see what happens with Imperial and the Scholarship. I was very cheeky and emailed the head recruitment lady at Imperial and told them about my scholarship to warwick. She said it isnt possible to give an indication of who will get a scholarship, but that she was impressed with my application, so I will be seriously considered. I'm guessing thats a standard response, and it probably wont come to anything, but I can hope.

As it stands (I am making a huge assumption that I may get an A&F offer from LSE), these are my rankings (which I will say, change almost weekly):

With both scholarship offers and LSE:

Imperial
LSE
Warwick

With no LSE offer:

Probably Warwick (a £15,000 difference in tution fees alone makes it difficult to turn down, although, I still prefer the Imperial course)
Imperial

LSE offer, one scholarship:

No idea. Value for money, Warwick. Prestige LSE. Prestige and course content Imperial (at a massively higher cost).

For the moment, I may prefer living in Coventry, but (assuming I may get some interviews), traveling to London can be a bit of an arse when compared to the other 2.

From the beginning I said I would always pick Imperial, but the difference in getting an interview with each uni is probably very small, so who knows:confused:
Reply 289
not at all, I'm gonna wait and see what happens with Imperial and the Scholarship. I was very cheeky and emailed the head recruitment lady at Imperial and told them about my scholarship to warwick. She said it isnt possible to give an indication of who will get a scholarship, but that she was impressed with my application, so I will be seriously considered. I'm guessing thats a standard response, and it probably wont come to anything, but I can hope.

As it stands (I am making a huge assumption that I may get an A&F offer from LSE), these are my rankings (which I will say, change almost weekly):

With both scholarship offers and LSE:

Imperial
LSE
Warwick

With no LSE offer:

Probably Warwick (a £15,000 difference in tution fees alone makes it difficult to turn down, although, I still prefer the Imperial course)
Imperial

LSE offer, one scholarship:

No idea. Value for money, Warwick. Prestige LSE. Prestige and course content Imperial (at a massively higher cost).

For the moment, I may prefer living in Coventry, but (assuming I may get some interviews), traveling to London can be a bit of an arse when compared to the other 2.

From the beginning I said I would always pick Imperial, but the difference in getting an interview with each uni is probably very small, so who knows:confused:

U've prioratised everthing nicely.. :biggrin:.. neways good luck with everything.. hopefully things will turn out the way you want them to.. btw, did u apply to the finance program at Cambridge as well??
Original post by kuzelle
U've prioratised everthing nicely.. :biggrin:.. neways good luck with everything.. hopefully things will turn out the way you want them to.. btw, did u apply to the finance program at Cambridge as well??

Ahhhh yes, and I didnt get in. I'm not actually too fussed. Im not saying that it wouldnt have been nice, but I dont think I'm going down the PhD route so such a theory based course may not have been in my best interests, but a choice of Cambirdge would have been nice. I was more dissapointed with not getting into the finance programme at LSE, this one I felt wasnt too bad either way.

Ahhhh yes, and I didnt get in. I'm not actually too fussed. Im not saying that it wouldnt have been nice, but I dont think I'm going down the PhD route so such a theory based course may not have been in my best interests, but a choice of Cambirdge would have been nice. I was more dissapointed with not getting into the finance programme at LSE, this one I felt wasnt too bad either way.

May I ask you Peaches when did you apply for the mphil in Finance in Cambridge? and when did you get your rejection? I have also applied but still no answer..:s-smilie:
Original post by George0852
May I ask you Peaches when did you apply for the mphil in Finance in Cambridge? and when did you get your rejection? I have also applied but still no answer..:s-smilie:

I think no new is probably good news. I applied in November, I think, and herd back in ...........mid feb (again, I think). They said they only give out offers toward this month so maybe your on the good list. Good luck m8.
Reply 293

Reading this thread makes me puke.

Can you please stop posting enrolment percentages as an indicator of ANYTHING? Enrolment=/=Offers. 174 from 1000something means that 174 of the applicants accepted their offer. It doesn’t actually state how many offers have been sent out. What you are trying to get at is Warwick being so prestigious because only 3% got an offer, but the fact is, only 3% took up on their offer. The rest either were unsuccessful, or went somewhere else. Statistics, and logical reasoning as whole, is obviously not your forte.

Another hilarious fact is how prospectiveeconomist thinks knowing a “bric-language”, which in his case is Indian, is so amazing. Mate, get off your high horse, 1/6 of the world knows Indian, and better yet, many Indians are fluent in English. ****ing tool.
Original post by mxp804
Reading this thread makes me puke.

Can you please stop posting enrolment percentages as an indicator of ANYTHING? Enrolment=/=Offers. 174 from 1000something means that 174 of the applicants accepted their offer. It doesn’t actually state how many offers have been sent out. What you are trying to get at is Warwick being so prestigious because only 3% got an offer, but the fact is, only 3% took up on their offer. The rest either were unsuccessful, or went somewhere else. Statistics, and logical reasoning as whole, is obviously not your forte.

Another hilarious fact is how prospectiveeconomist thinks knowing a “bric-language”, which in his case is Indian, is so amazing. Mate, get off your high horse, 1/6 of the world knows Indian, and better yet, many Indians are fluent in English. ****ing tool.

I didn't say knowing a BRIC language made anyone unique, but it gives them an edge over someone who can't speak it (you won't get a job in those countries without knowing the local language unless you're very senior). Also, just because Indians can speak English doesn't mean they are articulate (not to forget the horrible accent)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending