The Student Room Group

Slightly odd Russian question

Can anyone think of any Russian words ending in 'ushki' or 'uski'? 'Iski' would also work. So far I've only got devushki for the first one.

Rep for useful answers.
Reply 1
Viski? :p:

On a serious note: I just found this site after a quick Google search, looks rather good for what you're after!

Ushki
Uski
Iski

Hope that helps! Are you writing a poem in Russian or something? :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by mimimimi
Viski? :p:

On a serious note: I just found this site after a quick Google search, looks rather good for what you're after!

Ushki
Uski
Iski

Hope that helps! Are you writing a poem in Russian or something? :biggrin:

That's brilliant, thanks so much. :biggrin:

Actually my sister and I are going to start selling knitted stuff online and we need a name for ourselves. My sister liked the word devushki but thought we should have another word in front of it.
Reply 3
Original post by superwolf
That's brilliant, thanks so much. :biggrin:

Actually my sister and I are going to start selling knitted stuff online and we need a name for ourselves. My sister liked the word devushki but thought we should have another word in front of it.

Ohh, I see! Sounds good! I've really caught the knitting bug lately - everyone's going to be getting scarves for Christmas this year :tongue:

The only problem about that website is its lack of English definitions! I hope you can find a relevant word on there to fit with the name! And good luck with your business venture :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mimimimi
Ohh, I see! Sounds good! I've really caught the knitting bug lately - everyone's going to be getting scarves for Christmas this year :tongue:

The only problem about that website is its lack of English definitions! I hope you can find a relevant word on there to fit with the name! And good luck with your business venture :smile:

Thanks a lot, I've had a look through the words and haven't found anything good yet, but I'm sure I'll find something.

Enjoy your knitting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending