The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation please!

Hi!

First year here! Just wondering how to go about finding accommodation for next year.

I already know who I'm living with, there's 3 of us and we've been looking around but there's nothing so far that we can afford/is close enough.

Are there any King's students moving out of their house/flat at the end of this year, who are willing to hand it over to us?

Thanks!
This is something that sorta concerns me too! I've got an offer to do medicine @ kings...thing is after the 1st year where is a good "area" to get accommodated? apparently the further south you go, the rougher the areas (e.g elephant and caste, walworth etc) hence people tend to recommend staying north of the river/in close vicinity to guy's/thomas's ...where were you looking at?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Singh993
This is something that sorta concerns me too! I've got an offer to do medicine @ kings...thing is after the 1st year where is a good "area" to get accommodated? apparently the further south you go, the rougher the areas (e.g elephant and caste, walworth etc) hence people tend to recommend staying north of the river/in close vicinity to guy's/thomas's ...where were you looking at?

hey sorry about the late reply! still haven't found anywhere...

we're looking as close to guy's as poss :smile:

personally I'm not keen on south london at all so I don't wanna go any further south than london bridge/waterloo really.
central is quite expensive.. have a look at Clapham Junction/Battersea area.. just 15 minutes away by train.. I am assuming you'll be near the South Bank?
Reply 4
Original post by the_neg_master_
central is quite expensive.. have a look at Clapham Junction/Battersea area.. just 15 minutes away by train.. I am assuming you'll be near the South Bank?

Yeah I'm looking for places round the south bank. Don't really want to get the train to uni everyday! So ideally walking/cycling distance away!:smile:
Original post by wolfspirit
Yeah I'm looking for places round the south bank. Don't really want to get the train to uni everyday! So ideally walking/cycling distance away!:smile:

ah fair enough.. well look at the map and how many miles can you cycle.. then within that area is your target areas :biggrin: southwest / west / central are good areas.. not sure with east/south and southeast.. (though Ive got mates from south east london and they are still breating :tongue:)
Reply 6
Original post by the_neg_master_
ah fair enough.. well look at the map and how many miles can you cycle.. then within that area is your target areas :biggrin: southwest / west / central are good areas.. not sure with east/south and southeast.. (though Ive got mates from south east london and they are still breating :tongue:)

Lol I think I've found somewhere! Super close to the uni as well! Going to see it tomorrow :smile: wooop!
Original post by wolfspirit
Lol I think I've found somewhere! Super close to the uni as well! Going to see it tomorrow :smile: wooop!

Ah fairs :smile: gratz!

Quick Reply

Latest