The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
If that isn't an advert for a kids' film I don't know what is :p:

Haha yeah, they should have a quote on the back of the DVD like "It shut the kids up and cured my hangover - Five stars" :biggrin:
Original post by mimimimi
Haha yeah, they should have a quote on the back of the DVD like "It shut the kids up and cured my hangover - Five stars" :biggrin:

And if underneath it said "mimimimi" that would just top it off!
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
And if underneath it said "mimimimi" that would just top it off!

I'd be a bit worried if it said that though, I don't have any kids :ninja:
I just got offered a part-time job, so now it's time to start saving up for a 42" and a surround sound kit! I've been watching way too many films on inadequate screens over the last few years.
Original post by Cuckoo91

I just got offered a part-time job, so now it's time to start saving up for a 42" and a surround sound kit! I've been watching way too many films on inadequate screens over the last few years.

:awesome: and Congrats on the job :woo: especially the money it'll bring in :yep:
Original post by MizzCupcakes
:awesome: and Congrats on the job :woo: especially the money it'll bring in :yep:

shweeet. buy weekly DVDS too and or sign up to Lovefilm, I hear its good
Original post by lukejoshjedi
shweeet. buy weekly DVDS too and or sign up to Lovefilm, I hear its good

Yeah, I want to buy a 1080p HD TV so I may end up getting a Blu-ray player to really make the most of it. My social life is going to be ruined, but I'd have it no other way. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yokabasha
Favourite 20 films according to radio 1 listeners

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio1movies/

Quite a good list. There's at least 13 very good films there, and most of the rest I haven't seen. When I first saw Radio 1's Favourite Movies I was expecting Harry Potter and Twilight to take up half the positions.
Reply 9609
Watching Ran tonight, could it be better the second time?
I just realised that Marc Webb, the director of 500 Days of Summer, is the director of The Amazing Spider-Man. Indie darling + big studio keen to protect a lucrative intellectual property? That just makes me uneasy.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Watching Daybreakers.

prepare to be dissapoint. All style but no substance, I could go on - tell me whatchu think about it after you're done :biggrin:
Reply 9612
Can anybody recommend me any good DVD cataloging software?
I watched the first episode of Leverage earlier. Now that is a show that's definitely my kind of thing.
V for Vendetta is on... never get tired of watching it. Natalie Portman is oh so watchable
Reply 9615
So glad that my uni's Film Soc show films like The Social Network. :biggrin:
Anyone seen The Silence of The Lambs? What's it like, they're showing it later this week so I might go.
According to a fair few uni comparisons sites Lancasters Film/Cinema soc is the best in the country in terms of facilities and quantities of films shown :king1:
The American take on Hustle?

more or less, I've seen a couple... dozen episodes or so but I personally find it a lot more entertaining and funny than Hustle tbh. It is really good though, definetely recommend

along with

Arrested development
Modern Family
V
Bad news. No more At The Mountains Of Madness, for the foreseeable future. I feel sorry for Del Toro, every director has his/her own passion project, and this had the potential to work with Cruise and Cameron on board.

oh right... :/ don't know too much about that potential film / project but sounds like it's a shame, if it could have been really good

but hey, This new film will be a monster flick... Del Toro's good at doing dark films anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending