The Student Room Group

Why do I behave so awkwardly in social situations? Was this awkward?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fhatthewuck
I'm more annoyed and frankly pissed off with my mate. I just texted him 'THE NEXT TIME YOU TELL NOT TO BE SHY IN A PUBLIC PLACE OR A SOCIAL GATHERING, YOU WON'T HAVE THE TEETH TO SAY IT ANOTHER TIME. WATCH OUT AND DON'T ****ING DO IT COS IT ****ING ANNOYS ME'.

its gong to be a bit awkward now, when you meet him the next time :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by iq101
You should've said this on your mate's face at the gathering.

and plus my friend(the one who made the film)'s parents were there..wouldn't have looked too good creating a scene..
Reply 42
Original post by Singh_2
Nice! He got told.

Yeah but now I'm sitting and wondering, that if I could be so forthright with my friend, why didn't I go and tell that girl that? Like when she asked why I wasn't eating, I should have said, 'I don't want to ' or something like that.
Reply 43
Yeah but now I'm sitting and wondering, that if I could be so forthright with my friend, why didn't I go and tell that girl that? Like when she asked why I wasn't eating, I should have said, 'I don't want to ' or something like that.

It doesn't matter anyway, and she was only asking you repeatedly because she was trying to be a good host. Seriously you should stop dwelling on it now as I doubt anyone else really cares. Enjoy yourself!
Reply 44
Original post by Singh_2
It doesn't matter anyway, and she was only asking you repeatedly because she was trying to be a good host. Seriously you should stop dwelling on it now as I doubt anyone else really cares. Enjoy yourself!

I know I should stop dwelling on it. I just feel bad though that I can't be like everyone else.
Reply 45
It doesn't matter ! Let it go now !
Just be ready next time :smile:
Reply 46
I know I should stop dwelling on it. I just feel bad though that I can't be like everyone else.

listen to this song ..and stop whining
Reply 47
dude, whats the harm is grabbing some food and pretending that you're the most voracious kind of human being possible.
Reply 48
Original post by ilamba1
dude, whats the harm is grabbing some food and pretending that you're the most voracious kind of human being possible.

What?
Reply 49
With the girl when she said ur hand is empty u should have said, ur hands are empty do u want my c*** in them :wink:
Reply 50
Original post by Toon Fan
With the girl when she said ur hand is empty u should have said, ur hands are empty do u want my c*** in them :wink:

Lol
Reply 51
Jeez you're a tit.
Reply 52
Original post by counterstrike
I feel your pain!! I don't get why people have to keep pestering you if you're shy ffs it just makes it worse, but I'd have done the same as you so I'd say you didn't make it awkward..

Jeez you're a tit as well
I tend to be quite shy in big social situations and always tell myself that I'm going to open up and talk more, but IT NEVER WORKS! I used to think of what I was going to say but have stopped doing that now, I tend to go with the flow. However, after every social situation, I just feel like an idiot and hate myself. Here's what happened today; I felt extremely awkward.
So I went over to a friend's place for a screening of a short handmade film he's made. There were a lot of his friends there, around 15 of them who I didn't know but did know one guy really well who I was with most of the time.(Anything wrong with that?). So after the film, there was some food and drink and after I finished eating, this girl comes up to me and says 'Why are your hands empty? There's so much food going around. Have something!'. I mumbled that I was full, but my idiotic mate made it worse and said, 'Oh come on, don't be shy, have something'.
Then later on, I was eating something and the same girl says 'Oh good, you've got something in your hand now!'. And I just smile awkwardly, SHOULD I HAVE SAID SOMETHING? And then the third incident, sorry for rambling on, but this guy came in with something on a tray and offered it to everyone. I refused, but this girl(not the same one as earlier) said to me, 'Hey didn't you want one of these'? I , again mumbled, 'No no, I'm fine' and again my mate went on 'Have some, don't be shy'. GRRR.. **** ..I just feel so odd and out of place sometimes.
Would anyone here have reacted differently? And now I'm thinking all sorts of situations, whether I should have said anything different or behaved differently or whether my friends would have reacted the same way in similar situations..

next time grab your dick and say my hands aren't empty now bitch.
Reply 54
Original post by Cool story bro
Oh you're cool

Thanks, I thought I wasn't, but you've allayed those fears.
Original post by 0rangejuice
Win.

Lol bet you're the same guy.
Reply 56
Well that is obvious, son .. :biggrin:

LOSE the douche 'friend'

Seriously though.. u need to lighten up..

HUGE tip.. (no joke).. try drinking till u feel like u had enough ( not till you're crawling ofc ) until u feel relaxed enough and just choose an occassion and an environment where you could actually do things u would not usually do like a party or a film preview u talked about. And the things i am talking about are just simple: act as yourself.. !say what u think at that moment! and even if u fail and be laughed a t a bit.. no worries.. that will be a start and u will feel what you actually want to be under such conditions and just strive :smile:

anywayz i doubt you'll read that much but i hope so ;]
sounds like a lame party
stop being a pussy.
Your mates proper fatties?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending