The Student Room Group

Vote if maths is your favourite subject: Which do you prefer? Physics or Chemistry?

Poll

Which do you prefer? Physics or Chemistry?

Vote and please give reason(s) why you prefer that.

Just out of curiosity :smile: (sorry if this poll is a bit pointless but I'm just curious)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i voted physics, because that's of course where math applies best: assume a very limited set of laws, and you can work out the universe. chemistry is much more of an empirical subject.
Reply 2
I hated both, but I'm more a pure maths person; I suck at mechanics as I really can't visualise stuff.

Particle physics and astrophysics are really cool though, so physics. :smile:
cool :smile: interesting comments

I personally prefer physics because I like visualising stuff :p:
Reply 4
I love parts of chemistry but really struggle with other parts physics on a whole is really cool and why ive applied to it at uni was maths at first but the option changed
:bump:
More replies please :smile:

Current poll result:
Physics 16
Chemistry 10
Don't like either of them 5
Reply 6
Original post by 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
:bump:
More replies please :smile:

Current poll result:
Physics 16
Chemistry 10
Don't like either of them 5

Sorry can't vote maths is by far the most enjoyable. But you can really lose yourself in physics, and chemistry is really interesting and some stuff you learn makes you think wow how many people on this earth actually know this,also it links in with physics sometimes.
Reply 7
I prefer physics because it's more closely linked to maths. Also I think physics is generally a more interesting subject because it's based upon the world around you, rather than chemical reactions which is the main focus of chemistry. I'm not really that interested in either though, I much prefer maths.
Reply 8
Well for me it is:

Maths > Physics > Biology >>>>> Chemistry

Yeah, I really don't like chemistry :redface:

Original post by Sai4
Well for me it is:

Maths > Physics > Biology >>>>> Chemistry

Yeah, I really don't like chemistry :redface:

Me too! :smile:
I prefer Bio over Che... Chemistry just doesn't interest me for some reason :s-smilie:
I hate it when people think I'd prefer Chemistry over Biology just because I'm more of a mathsy person. lol
What's your reason for "Biology>>>>>Chemistry"?
Reply 10
Chose physics.

To be honest, there's a girl in my year who's amazing at maths, but not great at physics. She can't imagine the situation well enough, I dont think. Like, she's good at the maths part (obviously. Oh no, rearranging an equation :tongue:) but just doesn't get things when a situation is described.

_Kar.
i think chemistry becasuse of the interesting chemicals and how they behave.
i like maths but when i cant do a question- im just :angry:
but with chem- i try hard to figure it out :tongue:
Physics hands down :yep:

Chemistry: :puke:
Original post by The Polar Dude
i think chemistry becasuse of the interesting chemicals and how they behave.
i like maths but when i cant do a question- im just :angry:
but with chem- i try hard to figure it out :tongue:

Then you must be negative, because I'm being repelled by you right now :unsure:
Ew Physics, what an awful subject. Chemistry is all right, I'd vote for it 20 times if I could because physics is so bad, but neither of them compare to maths. Mechanics is terrible though
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by futuredoc77
Then you must be negative, because I'm being repelled by you right now :unsure:

:smile: :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Miss Anonymous
Me too! :smile:
I prefer Bio over Che... Chemistry just doesn't interest me for some reason :s-smilie:
I hate it when people think I'd prefer Chemistry over Biology just because I'm more of a mathsy person. lol
What's your reason for "Biology>>>>>Chemistry"?

Oh, thats just because I find learning about human science and anatomy so much more interesting than learning about mechanisms and reactions. Out of those four, I find Chemistry to be the most boring by far. :tongue:

Original post by Sai4
Oh, thats just because I find learning about human science and anatomy so much more interesting than learning about mechanisms and reactions. Out of those four, I find Chemistry to be the most boring by far. :tongue:

lol yeh same :smile:
I love chemistry, the concepts are logical AND the things you make prove what you've just learnt.
Physics is a bit pants, don't understand half of it and the other half is probably not true - phasor arrows? Really?
Reply 19
As were are in a maths forum then physics should (as we can see) win!

Quick Reply

Latest