The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by Tokyoround
eBay/Amazon are your friends. Expensive though unless you wait for it to get cheaper.

Order it yesterday, should be here this week.
Original post by RNBen
Order it yesterday, should be here this week.

Awesome, I don't think you'll regret it.

I would say add me so you can get your ass handed to you, but I left my PS3 at home so I could actually meet some deadlines this term :colondollar:
Reply 1002
Awesome, I don't think you'll regret it.

I would say add me so you can get your ass handed to you, but I left my PS3 at home so I could actually meet some deadlines this term :colondollar:

It's cool bro. You back at Easter? PM your PSN.
Reply 1003
How boring are Sundays now?
September is too far away!
Original post by T-Hill
How boring are Sundays now?
September is too far away!

I'm starting to watch more NBA and MLB now. Rooting for the Boston teams of course. But you're right, nothing can properly replace the Patriots pwning every weekend. *begins to weep*
Original post by S129439
I'm starting to watch more NBA and MLB now. Rooting for the Boston teams of course. But you're right, nothing can properly replace the Patriots pwning every weekend. *begins to weep*

Including that week when they got raped by the Jets. :lol:
Original post by RabbitCFH
Including that week when they got raped by the Jets. :lol:

We didn't get raped, just beaten :P Raped = 45 - 3 LOL!
Original post by S129439
We didn't get raped, just beaten :P Raped = 45 - 3 LOL!

Playoffs > regular season so who cares. :p:
Reply 1008
Original post by S129439

Ahh I see, I have been a big NBA fan for about 5 years ago. Supporting New Jersey Nets :biggrin:
I still can't bring myself to watch MLB though...

Patriots + Ravens was hardly a pwning btw, you just got lucky that week :wink:
Original post by RabbitCFH
Playoffs > regular season so who cares. :p:

True. No real defense..

Thing is, everyone knows that the Patriots best >>>>>>>>>>> Jets best. We just didn't show up in the play-offs (for the second year straight) which is annoying as hell.

We will bounce back this year and our playoff drought will end, I am in no doubt about that.
Original post by T-Hill
Ahh I see, I have been a big NBA fan for about 5 years ago. Supporting New Jersey Nets :biggrin:
I still can't bring myself to watch MLB though...

Patriots + Ravens was hardly a pwning btw, you just got lucky that week :wink:

I know lol I exaggerate cuz I love my pats :biggrin:

in seriousness we had poor showings in week 2 and week 9 being well beaten by the jets and browns (wtf?!) respectively. And then of course the post season happened.

Of course then we just squeaked by the ravens and chargers in weeks 6 and 7, both by a score of 23-20. And of course our timely interception of Peyton Manning to run out 31-28 winners against the colts.

We lived on the edge a bit this season at times but that is what makes a good team great: being able to win when you're not at your best.

Like you said, against the ravens we started the 4th qrtr 20-10 down but rallied round. A great drive from tom brady and field goal from gostkowski got us the win. I found that to be one of our most satisfying wins this season. Except of course 45 - 3 which will never be forgotten :biggrin:

as for NBA i follow the celtics a bit. Big trades on deadline day look to have geared us up for a championship. I dont think we will win but a finals appearance is possible. As for mlb im paying a bit more attention the the red sox but its not an easy game to get into outside the USA.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1011
NCAA 11 just arrived! Get in!
Reply 1012
Watched the first episode of Friday Night Lights last night. Is the rest of the show as awesome? :coma:

Original post by RNBen

Niiice :p:.

Are NCAA games released at around the same time as Madden ones are?
Original post by Mithra
Watched the first episode of Friday Night Lights last night. Is the rest of the show as awesome? :coma:

Niiice :p:.

Are NCAA games released at around the same time as Madden ones are?

Don't know about your first question, but to the second one yes! They are both released around August time. At least they were the last few years.
Original post by RNBen

jello. enjoy :smile:
Reply 1015
Original post by RNBen

Whereabouts did you get it from in the end and was it ridiculously expensive? :p:
Reply 1016
Original post by Mithra
Whereabouts did you get it from in the end and was it ridiculously expensive? :p:

eBay, £42. Not too bad really. Free delivery too. :smile:
Interesting read about a college British-born LB, and how nobody in his home town gives a crap. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/03/23/tom-wort-oklahoma/index.html
(edited 13 years ago)
Interesting read about a college British-born LB, and how nobody in his home town gives a crap. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/03/23/tom-wort-oklahoma/index.html

awesome article! i knew there must be some english/british american football players.

I know that Lawrence Tynes, Giants kicker was born in Scotland.
Original post by S129439
awesome article! i knew there must be some english/british american football players.

I know that Lawrence Tynes, Giants kicker was born in Scotland.

Actually another big-time Giants player is English. Osi Umenyiora born in Golders Green London. Only 3 brits have ever won a superbowl ring though, including those two we just mentioned and some old guy lol. Most Brits who make it to the NFL though have played in America since high school pretty tough for us to just turn up and play otherwise!

Latest