The Student Room Group

Favourite Science

Hi :smile:

Bit of a random thread but recently my favourite science changed from biology to physics.
Everyone i ask though seems to hate physics so i was wondering what everyones favourite science was.
Reply 1
Original post by Live.Laugh.Love.x
Hi :smile:

Bit of a random thread but recently my favourite science changed from biology to physics.
Everyone i ask though seems to hate physics so i was wondering what everyones favourite science was.

Hello :biggrin:
Ah, really? Mine is Biology :smile:
I think generally Biology is most people's favourites. I like Chemistry because of the chemicals :smile: but by far, Biology! Woo!
Yeah i think a lot of people like biology and chemistry because it is good for medicine.
I hate chemistry though, never liked the experiments. :smile:
Reply 3
My favorite was biology until I did an AQA exam paper.

Now I loathe biology.
Original post by Pengwan

Now I loathe biology.

was the paper for gcse or a-level? :smile:
i liked it but i don't think im as good at it anyomore and it started to get a lttile boring. :redface:
Reply 5
Yeah i think a lot of people like biology and chemistry because it is good for medicine.
I hate chemistry though, never liked the experiments. :smile:

Yeah, I suppose it depends on the person :smile:
Personally, I do really love the experiments, but then the theory is just kind of long!
Reply 6
Original post by Pengwan

Now I loathe biology.

Oh my gosh, really? What was wrong with the exam paper?
Original post by whiteside
Yeah, I suppose it depends on the person :smile:
Personally, I do really love the experiments, but then the theory is just kind of long!

I know what you mean with theory, I feel like I have been on the same thing forever
Reply 8
It was A-level. AQA has inconsistent marking and have really awkward phrasing for their questions which leads you to believe this is the answer when in fact it was something so minute in the book that it probably didn't even register in your head whilst revising. There's even been articles in the news about AQA's awful marking and groups made on facebook with thousands of people about how they ask stuff that apparently was never in the text book.
Original post by Pengwan
It was A-level. AQA has inconsistent marking and have really awkward phrasing for their questions which leads you to believe this is the answer when in fact it was something so minute in the book that it probably didn't even register in your head whilst revising. There's even been articles in the news about AQA's awful marking and groups made on facebook with thousands of people about how they ask stuff that apparently was never in the text book.

That must be really annoying, I hate it when the marking is really strict.
Luckily the only science I want to take for a level is physics, then again I could always end up on AQA for that :smile:
Reply 10
I know what you mean with theory, I feel like I have been on the same thing forever

Yeah, but that's Science for you!
Reply 11
Original post by Pengwan

No way! That's ridiculous! Why don't your college move over to OCR or something? That's what my school do, and we never seem to have problems, none that I'm aware of anyway.
Original post by whiteside
Yeah, but that's Science for you!

I suppose so but I think I am only on like the second unit of this year
Reply 13
Because all senior staff in our sixth form are philistines.
Reply 14
Original post by Pengwan
Because all senior staff in our sixth form are philistines.

Ahh, how annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending