The Student Room Group

After watching this, I want to be a better person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPVoQQD5dys&feature=channel_video_title

I just watched this video of Kandee Johnson (Fromer celebrity makeup guru and blogger) and I feel so emotional after this. I find her the most wonderful, encouraging women, she is absolutley amazing and the stories she shared in this video made me cry. She really portrays how the media can be so vile and vicious and how people can be so judging and mean without even knowing the person.

It's made me realise how on occasions when I unintentionally or intentionally judge people and get misunderstood or be rude to someone for no good reason, when the fact is you may not know what they have been through or what there life is about. This women has made me realise that no one is perfect and we all have our flaws but we should strive to be good to one another and be loving and caring and stop spreading hate. Hate is a vile thing, and people need to stop being jelous of one another and just appreciate people for who they are. The examples she gave in the video about the two blind and deaf girls was so sad I just can't believe it.

The majority of her video is talking about the misinterpretations of her in the media and lies etc, but she gives examples of her experiences which made me realise.

All of a sudden I want to reverse my life and say sorry to every single person I may have hurt, said mean things to, called them names, or disliked for no good reason, or for anything else, I just want to say sorry because I have no idea what impact it may have had on their life.

From now I want to be a good person, and spread happiness and love, and enjoy every moment of my life, every day to treasure. One day I'm going to die and I realise I have no time to deal with ignorant people anymore. I have decided to change my ways.

So for every person I may have hurt, and for all those people who may have hurt me, I forgive you and I hope you will do the same. I know we can't change everyone to be good people, and I know I am not perfect, but if I want to do this for the better I believe I contribute to a better society.

All of a sudden I realise that life is so important, there is no time for hate and mean, ignorant, selfish people.

Can we all strive to do good? I hope so. :smile:

(not sure what catogary this thread would go in)
Reply 1
We're human, it's not like it's in our blood to be worth the space we inhabit. Srsly.
Reply 2
Uh... that's great you OP, but it really took some makeup-obsessed bimbo repeating truisms to teach you this?
she talks about herself and lies in the media about herself for a WHOLE HOUR?!? why can't she just ignore it!
I'm watching it now, and I'm feeling the same way as the OP.
Reply 5
Easy to be duped by someone duping you when you're stupid enough to be prone to duping by someone who'se not even good at duping....
Reply 6
Original post by Pedrobear
Uh... that's great you OP, but it really took some makeup-obsessed bimbo repeating truisms to teach you this?

See, your doing it. You have no idea who she is and yet you go by saying she's a "makeup-obsessed bimbo."

Seriously did you just ignore everything I said. If you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself. No one wants to hear it seriously.
Reply 7
Original post by loling909
Seriously did you just ignore everything I said. If you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself. No one wants to hear it seriously.

So you either want to live in some lalaland where everyone is rainbows and lollipops, or you're just determined to tell everyone to shut up if you don't deem what they say "nice" enough (according to your own standards, ofc), and then make the speaker feel as though they're shunned by the entire human race by asserting that "no one" wants to hear them.

Intolerance and censorship... wow, this girl has taught you a lot! Maybe next week she'll include a lesson on fascism along with which mascara you should be using! ^_^
Reply 8
Original post by loling909
See, your doing it. You have no idea who she is and yet you go by saying she's a "makeup-obsessed bimbo."

If people only said nice things, the world would be such a dull place.

And anyway, thisis the internet, grow up, put on your man pants and expect some criticism, especially when you link a video like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending