The Student Room Group

Should I repeat ?

Well Unfortunately I got a C in both chem unit 1 *82/120* and physics unit 1 *75/120* ,and I've been thinking whether to repeat or not and I'm quite confused.

My parents suggested that I work much harder for the coming June, where as my friends and teachers suggested that I repeat.

If I do repeat what is it that I have to do which will guarantee me an A in Unit 1 for both Physics and Chem.

I need a reply ASAP cuz I am applying for June session in a couple of days :s-smilie:

Thank you in advance :smile:
Anyone ? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by the golden girl
Well Unfortunately I got a C in both chem unit 1 *82/120* and physics unit 1 *75/120* ,and I've been thinking whether to repeat or not and I'm quite confused.

My parents suggested that I work much harder for the coming June, where as my friends and teachers suggested that I repeat.

If I do repeat what is it that I have to do which will guarantee me an A in Unit 1 for both Physics and Chem.

I need a reply ASAP cuz I am applying for June session in a couple of days :s-smilie:

Do you mean resit the exams in June, or repeat the year? :s-smilie: (sorry if thats a really stupid question). But yeah, I think you should resit them; you can probably do a lot better the second time around.
No only repeat the unit 1 modules for chem and physics -> Edexcel, not the year!
Reply 4
It depends. Do you think you could get an A if you repeat it?
I'll work harder but who knows what I'll end up getting.

I think you should repeat... But its up to you if you are not satisfied with the grades, and you want to improve, if your grades fall short of your dream uni requirements then you should definitely repeat...
Reply 7
repeat if you know ull smack the grades
really get down to it and dont have social life
otherwise its really difficult to depend on the ones u only sit in june

GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply 8
I say repeat. Your teachers and friends know more about how exams work that your parents...
Reply 9
ask your parents why think that... understand their side of the story
then if u think its best to resit (which i think it is as long as u put ur head down) and tell ur parents ur reasons and they may listen to u
they know best
tell ur parents to talk to ur teachers and sort it out
thats best
Reply 10
Just work harder and try and get the grade you want, you have nothing to lose
I think you should repeat unless you did loads of effective revision for this one, which would mean you'd have little chance of beating your grade.

What are your predicted grades btw? Cos if they're a lot higher than what you got, then something must have gone wrong.
Repeat, If I was in your situation I would have been a hell of a lot more determined to succeed.

Alas, Whats done is done.
If you really aren't happy I would agree with everyone else and say resit the modules. You will have to work very hard in the next couple of months but if you set your mind to something it will pay off :smile:

Buy revision guides tailored to your specification if you haven't done so already to push you in the right direction when it comes to writing revision notes.

Just remember that your overall grade is based on the amount of points gained from your exams, not the grades so if you didn't resit you would need to figure out how many points you need for the rest of your exams to achieve an overall A (for Physics and Chemistry I believe it is 240/300 for a grade A).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xxKiaraxx
I think you should repeat unless you did loads of effective revision for this one, which would mean you'd have little chance of beating your grade.

What are your predicted grades btw? Cos if they're a lot higher than what you got, then something must have gone wrong.

chemistry -> I don't know.

Physics -> A
chemistry -> I don't know.

Physics -> A

Retake.

Quick Reply

Latest