The Student Room Group

Housemates want to kick me out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete.

After losing my temper with a computer game and shouting a bit, punching a mattress (yes, a mattress, not a wall, not smashing glass or whatever) I heard a knocking on my door. Being in the middle of my game, I ignored it. The knocking continued.

Turns out my housemates, or at least one of them and "the others agree with me" want to kick me out of the house if I don't stop shouting. I told her it's my ****ing room, and I can do what I like in it. I pointed out they have parties all the time, play loud music, even smoke in the house - but if I shout occasionally, they want to kick me out?

Thing is, if these little ***** go whining to the landlady, can they actually get me kicked out? Surely I can just pull the mental illness card - I mean, there'd be a ****storm if someone kicked a mentally ill person out of a house, right?

These people, these housemates... I don't want anything to do with them, I leave them alone, why can't they leave me the **** alone?

what mental illness?
Reply 21
LOL x
Reply 22
If you tried, you'd be in hospital. Or the grave.

Right'o.

However, I'm afraid greater people who don't get pissy at virtual images on a screen, and then punch a mattress, have tried. I guess gaming gives you massive arm muscle though, huh? :rolleyes:

But, who knows. I'm no cage fighter or MMA master. :cool:
Put your games on....easy
Reply 24
Two words:

Anger Management.

Simples.
Reply 25
Uh, so just stop shouting then? Wouldn't that solve everything? Anyway, I doubt your landlord would kick you out, most student landlords don't give a **** and just want your money. Kicking one person out=less money for them. It's not like you assaulted one of them or anything.

I wouldn't play the mental illness card, I'm not really sure where you got the idea that there'd be a **** storm over kicking a mentally ill person out of their shared house. I mean, who would want to share a house with a mentally ill person? You'd probably just make things worse for yourself and give your housemates more ammo, especially as what you did wasn't even that bad. It's not like you stripped naked, smeared yourself in your own feces and ran round singing Gary Glitter.

Sounds like thats not the whole story of why they want you out though, tbh.
Tbh, after all the aggressive responses you gave to people who were just stating their opinion, you sound like a such a nasty, antisocial swine that I wouldn't wanna share a house with you either.
Reply 27
Original post by DH-Biker
Right'o.

However, I'm afraid greater people who don't get pissy at virtual images on a screen, and then punch a mattress, have tried. I guess gaming gives you massive arm muscle though, huh? :rolleyes:

But, who knows. I'm no cage fighter or MMA master. :cool:

They probably had something to lose.
Because I'm stuck in some stupid year long contract.

Well if you get "kicked out" then you'll be out of the contract too. Then you can find somewhere to live where people don't mind futile unnecessary yelling at computer games...though good luck with that one.
Reply 29
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Tbh, after all the aggressive responses you gave to people who were just stating their opinion, you sound like a such a nasty, antisocial swine that I wouldn't wanna share a house with you either.

Like I'd share a house with you or most of the stuck up, sneering little halfwits on here anyway. Go throw yourself under a truck.
Reply 30
They probably had something to lose.

Aside from dignity, meh.

And you don't? Perhaps if you didn't act the prat people would like you better.

Does it not feel horrible to be hated by the people you share a confined area with?
Reply 31
>using a mental illness as an excuse

Oh dear.

Contributing to the negative attitude that people have against those with a diagnosed disorder.

If your condition is deteriorating mate, then I think you need to go back for a re-evaluation or ask for stronger meds/better treatment. Sounds like it's starting to affect your social and/or personal life. I'd consider going back for more treatment or saying it's getting worse. And if more treatment doesn't help and you deteriorate further... you know... being institutionalised isn't all that bad. I mean, the reason most have for seeking a diagnosis is so they can be treated and work towards improving their behaviour... before they hurt themselves or others.
(edited 13 years ago)
Like I'd share a house with you or most of the stuck up, sneering little halfwits on here anyway. Go throw yourself under a truck.

Ooooh, not very friendly.

As it is, I actually try to be very non-judging, but seeing as you aren't bothering to be polite to me or anyone else, why should your housemates be polite to you? You certainly aren't being friendly about them on here, so odds are you are like this to them in person.

To answer your query, they can't throw you out. They'd need evidence of you making a disturbance. Unless they hung around outside your bedroom door for months, getting multiple recordings of you making huge amonuts of noise, then you're fine.

Also, calm down.
If you've got an issue with them having parties, raise it - but why don't you just be a bit more considerate and cut out the shouting?
Reply 34
Anon or delete.

After losing my temper with a computer game and shouting a bit, punching a mattress (yes, a mattress, not a wall, not smashing glass or whatever) I heard a knocking on my door. Being in the middle of my game, I ignored it. The knocking continued.

Turns out my housemates, or at least one of them and "the others agree with me" want to kick me out of the house if I don't stop shouting. I told her it's my ****ing room, and I can do what I like in it. I pointed out they have parties all the time, play loud music, even smoke in the house - but if I shout occasionally, they want to kick me out?

Thing is, if these little ***** go whining to the landlady, can they actually get me kicked out? Surely I can just pull the mental illness card - I mean, there'd be a ****storm if someone kicked a mentally ill person out of a house, right?

These people, these housemates... I don't want anything to do with them, I leave them alone, why can't they leave me the **** alone?

It's a computer game, man up.
Maybe they want you out because you genuinely make living there uncomfortable for them? You sound overly aggressive on here, so who knows what you would be like in real life. I'd get someone kicked out if they made the rest of the flat feel threatened.
"pull the mental illness card' don't be an idiot, if you genuinely have a mental illness then you know it's not a magical card you play when it suits you.
Reply 35
Aside from dignity, meh.

And you don't? Perhaps if you didn't act the prat people would like you better.

Does it not feel horrible to be hated by the people you share a confined area with?

I don't give a crap about them.
Reply 36

Then I'm afraid you'll grow up to be a sorry, sad old man if you don't give a crap about people who live and work with you.

You came on here looking for hate, you aren't listening to advice; which leads us all to the conclusion you're either a troll or a ****.

Or both. :cool:

Then why should they give a crap about whether or not you live with them anymore?
Then I'm afraid you'll grow up to be a sorry, sad old man if you don't give a crap about people who live and work with you.

You came on here looking for hate, you aren't listening to advice; which leads us all to the conclusion you're either a troll or a ****.

Or both. :cool:

This.

I'd rate your post, but I'm out of positive rep today. :frown: Sorry!
Reply 39

I'd want you out as well tbh.

Edit: No homo at 1:11 :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending